• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain Presented at E3 Confirmed

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
What happened after that first third in Fahrenheit? I remember playing that cafe part and LOVING it. I still have it lying somewhere around here for PC. Dunno why I stopped playing but I'm getting back into it now!

BeeDog

Teetris said:
What happened after that first third in Fahrenheit? I remember playing that cafe part and LOVING it. I still have it lying somewhere around here for PC. Dunno why I stopped playing but I'm getting back into it now!

Dooooooooon't, you'll tarnish your picture of the game.

Teetris said:
The cafe scene ruled. Play the rest of the game anyway its great, the story goes haywire towards the end but there are some parts equally awesome as the cafe.

Luckyman

Banned
El-Suave said:
If they plan to show it at Games Convention I don't know why they're showing it now at all - all this is going to get them is bored, less enthusiastic journalists who traveled to Germany only to see "old" footage once more as it has been with Games Convention in years past.

The only explanation I can imagine is that they want to test the waters by doing this presentation before going public with it.

Probably under NDA for magazines mostly.

Wollan

Small correction: Two thirds of Indigo was excellent. It was in the last segment when it all took a major Matrix U-turn when it went bad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Teetris said:
Let me put it this way: STOP PLAYING THE GAME RIGHT AFTER THE "ROLLERCOASTER-PART".

Erebus

futnownarcade said:
The cafe scene ruled. Play the rest of the game anyway its great, the story goes haywire towards the end but there are some parts equally awesome as the cafe.

That's true, Quantic Dreams kinda messed it up with the ending. Let's hope they won't include any supernatural elements in Heavy Rain.

near

Gold Member
On Story:
"Heavy Rain is about normal people that have landed in extraordinary situations. I wanted a much more personal story. The first thing that came to my mind, as a father of two little boys, was that the main theme should simply be a father's love for his son. This is not a game about saving the princess or the world. Its purely about a father's love."

That's actually a good plot to base a game off, no? I'm pretty much sold already due to this :lol

Haunted

nelsonroyale said:
Ill get it on ps3, but thats a bit sad....pc is the home of these kinds of games damnit

Fahrenheit was by far the best on the PC. :/

Wollan said:
Small correction: Two thirds of Indigo was excellent. It was in the last segment when it all took a major Matrix U-turn when it went bad.
Very much agreed.

Still, such an ambitious, such a glorious game.

DarkUSS said:
That's true, Quantic Dreams kinda messed it up with the ending. Let's hope they won't include supernatural elements in Heavy Rain.

they already acknowledged that the story was weak in the last third, and said that won't happen in Heavy Rain

Steroyd

Maggot9 said:
This could be my GOTY when it comes out. I loved every bit of Indigo Prophecy.

btw, is this mutiplatform or PS3 exclusive?

Are you sure? Are you really REALLY :p

If Sony can keep Quantic Dream's sanity levels to normal while they're making the storyline this'll be great absolutely loved the first half of Fahrenheit before they went to cuckoo Dragonballz land.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Seiken said:
Let me put it this way: STOP PLAYING THE GAME RIGHT AFTER THE "ROLLERCOASTER-PART".
Heh, will try. :lol Game's installing right now. Can't wait! I still remember that toilet scene clearly.
DarkUSS said:
That's true, Quantic Dreams kinda messed it up with the ending. Let's hope they won't include any supernatural elements in Heavy Rain.
Supernatural huh... I can already see it sucking. I hate that stuff in Lost too.

KZObsessed

The stealth parts were terrible as well, games that aren't built around stealth should almost never have stealth sections...

The personal stories idea for Heavy Rain sounds really good tho.

gcubed

while the end went batshit insane, there was no way i could just stop at the part everyone said to stop at.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
gcubed said:
while the end went batshit insane, there was no way i could just stop at the part everyone said to stop at.
But when you finished it, you kinda wished they stopped SPOILERS!!!
After dying?

lupinko said:
You can say that for every other game coming out.

What? Not really...

I mean if its a sequel to an already amazing game, then excitement obviously is understandable... but all I know about this game is there is some crazy lady who cries and wants to shoot herself in the head.

Ive never played Indigo Prophecy but from how highly it is talked about on this board I am stoked
to see what they have in store for us.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Get ready for an even more mind blowing unveil than KZ2, seriously.

Damn really!? I expect to be blown away but more than KZ2? How exciting.

Yoshichan

Karma Kramer said:
Why are so many people excited about a game we know nothing about?

lol
Same guy who did Fahrenheit.
High production values.
PS3 exclusive.

That's enough to hype me :)

Karma Kramer said:
What? Not really...

I mean if its a sequel to an already amazing game, then excitement obviously is understandable... but all I know about this game is there is some crazy lady who cries and wants to shoot herself in the head.

no that tech demo has nothing to do with the game

Yoshichan

BlazingDarkness said:
no that tech demo has nothing to do with the game
But the demo graphics represented in game visuals, right?

Seiken said:
But the demo graphics represented in game visuals, right?

It represented where the games graphic engine was at during that point. Things have changed quite a bit since then.

E3 06 demo
heavy-rain-20060607010130724.jpg

Newest demo
6u9m4aq.jpg

Yoshichan

Okay what the fuck, so the game just got a visual update? I thought the first video was photo realistic back then when it came out... now it looks... just incredible.

elseanio

DarkUSS said:
Wasn't this a real-time tech demo running at 1080p?

E306 was 720p

Guillaume de Fondaumière: The demo ran in real-time during E3 on the latest PlayStation 3 development kits on 720p resolution. We have not defined yet what the final resolution of Heavy Rain will be.

jiggle

Seiken said:
Okay what the fuck, so the game just got a visual update? I thought the first video was photo realistic back then when it came out... now it looks... just incredible.

wait til u see that in motion :p

looks like their site took down the HD video ; ;

Erebus

PirateSean said:
E306 was 720p

Guillaume de Fondaumière: The demo ran in real-time during E3 on the latest PlayStation 3 development kits on 720p resolution. We have not defined yet what the final resolution of Heavy Rain will be.

Oh okay but it was still impressive nevertheless.

JimiNutz

Banned
Holy shit that screenshot cannot be real time in-game?! If it really is then the PS3 looks like it may actually be able to pull of some of the seemingly ridiculous things that Sony originally promised.

If Heavy Rain looks significantly better than Killzone2 I think I'm gonna pass out.

from too much spanking of NutJobJr

Woo-Fu

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
Why are so many people excited about a game we know nothing about?

lol

N'Gai said fans of Indigo Prophecy will be pleased with the game.

I don't need any more than that to be excited about the game.

Raistlin

Seiken said:

Just? The eye demo was from last year.

It probably looks even better now :lol

Top Bottom