• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain Presented at E3 Confirmed

Dante

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO dying to see this and Team Ico's Ps3 offering. Anyw ord on what the other game shown behind closed doors was?

Best Non-Playable Presentation:
Heavy Rain

Developer: Quantic Dream
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: TBA 2009
Show at E3 on: PS3

As we have already broken the news here, Heavy Rain was shown in real time at E3 2008. All we can say about this title is, it’s unbelievably impressive and unlike anything you’ve seen before. It was a different scenery than the one in the kitchen, and it had hearts pumping with the bitter struggle that took place.

Biggest Surprise:
Heavy Rain Gameplay

Developer: N/A
Publisher: N/A
Release Date: N/A

We weren’t expecting this at all. Once again, we know that it’s a struggle scene in a garage, and it’s undeniably suspenseful and thrilling. We’d love to show you all the video snippet we have, but we can’t! We can say one thing though, focus on the Tokyo Game Show and more importantly Liepzig.

http://whatifgaming.com/whatifgamings-overall-best-of-e3-awards-2008/9

BlazingDarkness said:
do want trailer

We all do. This was supposed to be at TGS last year. That was announced when it was revealed that Sony was the publisher of the game and yet TGS came and went without any word on it. But it's looking more and more like Leipzig will be where it's finally unveiled. I still fully expect this to be the best looking game so far this gen. Every report on it has been incredibly positive.

Pimpwerx

I'm not gonna set myself up for disappointment with this game. I'll wait patiently to see something, but I'm not holding my breath. I can't understand why it wouldn't be shown publicly if it was so stunning. PEACE.

Looks like everybody who saw this, came out fucking impressed. Why the hell Sony didn't show this in public at E3? What is so special about Leipzig game show?

From first impressions, this might be one of a kind unique experience like Bioshock. I'm pumped up to see this.

Pimpwerx said:
I'm not gonna set myself up for disappointment with this game. I'll wait patiently to see something, but I'm not holding my breath. I can't understand why it wouldn't be shown publicly if it was so stunning. PEACE.

Well the last time we saw anything related to it this is what it looked like

8egykgw.jpg

6u9m4aq.jpg

And that looks absolutely amazing. I think they're just positioning it so that it can make as big as splash as possible. So it'll likely be their showcase title at Leipzig.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So I remember Cage used to be pretty insistent it's a 2008 title. What do people think the chances of that are?

gantz85

Banned
MirageDwarf said:
Looks like everybody who saw this, came out fucking impressed. Why the hell Sony didn't show this in public at E3? What is so special about Liepzig game show?

From first impressions, this might be one of a kind unique experience like Bioshock. I'm pumped up to see this.

Leipzig is in Germany, Europe. Heavy Rain is an SCEE game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Emerson said:
So I remember Cage used to be pretty insistent it's a 2008 title. What do people think the chances of that are?

Non-existant. That was ages ago they mentioned late 08 and their constant pauses in revealing the thing speak volumes. We were supposed to initially hear about last TGS! It'll be an 09 title.

Emerson said:

Absolutely zero. I only saw the 2008 date mentioned once and that was in 2006 in an IGN interview.

Kydd BlaZe

Pimpwerx said:
I can't understand why it wouldn't be shown publicly if it was so stunning.
Yeah, I don't understand that either. However, I have faith in Quantic Dream. I really enjoyed Indigo Prophecy and can't wait to see how they expand upon that game.

Mmmkay said:
Was there ever a HD version of that tech video released?

Nah, the only 2 videos of it that I know of are the Youtube video and the video of it on the official Quantic Dream site that's in their Job section (in the Open positions part of it).

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
MirageDwarf said:
Looks like everybody who saw this, came out fucking impressed. Why the hell Sony didn't show this in public at E3? What is so special about Leipzig ( not Liepzig ) game show?

well they didn't show a lot of their project , hell they didn't even put a hint on The Last Guy at E3 ( a PSN game that was shown in an even in japan days before E3 ) nor Wipeout HD , i don't think they even cared about this E3 .

Leipzig ( not Liepzig ) is the new ECTS so it's so important to european devs , and in this days GC Leipzig ( not Liepzig ) , TGS and even GDC are more important than the new lameass funky E3 .

raviolico

Totobeni said:
well they didn't show a lot of their project , hell they didn't even put a hint on The Last Guy at E3 ( a PSN game that was shown in an even in japan days before E3 ) nor Wipeout HD , i don't think they even cared about this E3 .

Liepzig is the new ECTS so it's so important to european devs , and in this days GC Liepzig, TGS and even GDC are more important than the new lameass funky E3 .

Leipzig.
* teacher modus off *
;-)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mmmkay said:
That's The Casting, I was asking about The Face.
Yes. I have it in HD, but no idea where I got it from. If noone posts it in the meantime, I'll upload it somewhere when I get home.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
raviolico said:
Leipzig.
* teacher modus off *
;-)

sank you for za free lezzon , will fix it soon , sorry to every... to everyone in Germany who lost their hair during this mistake .

raviolico said:
what's that?
"update on The Casting"
never seen it either before ... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0a6Oc0sSOo&feature=related

nice, there is still some way to go....but boy have we come far...wow

honestly, I am almost definite that this is the game that the bbc guy was talking about now...the only other option is Team Ico's game, and its a sony japan game.... I can't imagine sony having too games like this in Europe...the whatifgaming reaction was the same

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SolidSnakex said:
That demo is 2 years old and was made in less than 3 months. Considering that, it's damn impressive.

true dat , now imagine what will happen if Sony give Cage $20 million ( just like what they gave Factor-4.5 and Noob Theory ) and all SCEWW tech support .

I Am very, very So much excited about this game .

Raistlin

MirageDwarf said:
Looks like everybody who saw this, came out fucking impressed. Why the hell Sony didn't show this in public at E3? What is so special about Leipzig game show?

The dev is European, and that's the big European show.

Its no different than the majority of big Japanese games seeing their debut at TGS.

Issun23

Isn't GC like the second biggest game show on earth now (after TGS). Last year attendance broke all records if I'm not mistaken.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
nib95 said:
Man, I wish what was shown behind closed doors was leaked already!

nah if it's was has some problem ( bugs , framerate ) it will be like tollz Xmas and we will hear the same damn arguments and lame comments till the releases day even if they fix the problems in the next event , just like first MotorStorm 2 gameplay video , Sony should just show their game when they are 100% ready to do it .

Top Bottom