• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heist [Mafia] |OT| Snakes on a Train

I don't really care if I'm boring you, but I do like how jumpy you are right now. I don't really care about voting for you right now, either.

You only explained your vote on Mazre once, not "5 times now" or "roughly 8 times already":

And that's a real banger of a reason when you stated:

"Is it a tie? Then let me break the tie in the direction I don't actually want to break it towards."

If you ignore my explanations from yesterday, then yeah I suppose I only explained it once.

Do you have other current scum reads besides me?

Carrying over from yesterday, I think CornBurrito's posts have been lacking in substance.

Orobolous and Droplet have been contributing very little too, although there's been at least excuses for inactivity in Droplet's case. I'd like to see both at least contribute more today. Neither care cases for lynching right now though.

Ty4on, I'm not sure what to think of, and my opinion on him is mostly dependent on how certain other people flip. Going off his posts alone, I'd probably lean slightly scum. But since you're top of my scum list right now and seem to be pushing the narrative that he's scum and I flipped to protect him, that makes me a little more confident that he might be town.

And Redhood still remains on my radar, although again, I want to see how he contributes today.

I want to go back through squidyj's posts at some point too.

FluxWaveZ

Gotcha, but I want to make one thing clear:
But since you're top of my scum list right now and seem to be pushing the narrative that he's scum and I flipped to protect him, that makes me a little more confident that he might be town.

Yesterday's events has decreased my scum read on Ty4on significantly. Like I said (and which you also pointed out, so I'm not sure why you're reverting your argument):
And I really like this narrative you guys have got going on that if Ty4on flips town, everyone who switched votes in the final minutes are suddenly less suspect. It's a really nice way to make sure people pay no attention to those who switched votes at the last minute after you make a push for Ty4on to be lynched and he possibly ends up flipping town.
I think there's a good chance Ty4on flips town, and then shit will really get messy. It's why I've been more focused on those who switched votes at the last minute, and particularly you.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

FluxWaveZ (2)
CrimsonFist .670
CornBurrito .694

CrimsonFist (1)
FluxWaveZ .624

Ty4on (0)
Droplet .666 .673

No active vote for Day 2:
*Splinter
Droplet (has previously voted)
Karu
Kawl_USC
Ourobolus
redhood56
Royal_Flush
Sawneeks
squidyj
Ty4on

Day 2 ends:
gra_1450908000.png

7 votes for majority

Sawneeks

Banned
I'm still waiting to hear from Sawneeks.

uhm

Wow, the scum team really are thieves with no honor. Poor Tim. :(

Also

Corn what the hell was that at the end of Day 1? I had you pinned down as like 54% Scum and then you pull votes out of nowhere and flip-flopped so much I got whiplash by just keeping up. Can you run through your thought process there and why you followed squidy and changed your vote 3 or 4 times??

I want to echo Flux and ask CrimsonFist why the super sudden change to Mazre at the end. Same goes for Droplet because I feel that vote on Mazre felt really bandwagony and it's left some bad vibes.

?

Unless you mean a generic 'what do you think of the day's events' kind of thing? Well Corn still bothers me, specifically his reasoning for flipping his vote and being aggressive towards Flux even though all he did was ask Corn some reasonable questions. I feel like his actions on Day 1 were very empty and there isn't anything horribly specific I can pick out besides fluff posts against his BFF Splinter. Coupled with the end of day vote stuff going on I really don't like it, especially when part of his reasoning was to use you as a scapegoat if things went south. Leaves me with bad vibes.

As for Ty4on I've settled into a 55/45 Scum-to-Town ratio on him. His early actions of Day 1 felt like some serious coasting along until people started to bring it up and, especially towards the end there, if felt like flailing and trying to bump up his post count to seem more active. His actions today seem more level-headed and concise than they did yesterday and it's why my read on him has shifted. It could mean the Scum team gave him some tips and pointers of what to fix or he has gone all-in trying to find Scum before his eventual lynch.

The sudden swing over to Mazre also really sits poorly with me and this either means Scum just successfully saved their own teammate or we have some very flip-floppy Townies. Not a whole lot to say here until we actually start lynching some folks but I'm not ready to throw anyone off the train just yet.

Speaking of which I wanted to throw in my thoughts on the whole 'Lynch Train' thing that Squidy brought up. While I do agree that Ty4on's alignment would change my views on a good handful of others, automatically starting to set up future lynches does not sit well with me. Lynching X, Y, and Z just because of the alignment of one individual can very easily backfire and leave us with a whole bunch of dead Townies. It's a very easy trap to fall into that could lead to a good amount of mislynches if we aren't careful. Using it in a case against someone is fine with me and I will probably end up doing that once we flip Scum but using it as the only point against a person has never worked well in the past.

Anyone mind providing an actual reason for why flipping between Royal and Mazre was just a scummy thing to do? Or are we just going go "hey he changed his vote! that MUST be scummy because it is scummy"?

*Splinter

So, that was a weird end of day. The most obvious fuck up was Corn literally voting for a tie with 30 seconds to go. To be fair that's a bad play no matter which team you're on, but his excuse is he just didn't check the votes before making his last minute vote which is... awful.

Crim's vote... It's slightly better. He actually swapped from Ty to Mazre, so no risk of a tie. However there is still the possibility that this was a desperate play to save scumbuddy Ty.

If Ty is scum, I'm more suspicious of Crim. It was a risky vote but he can blame a miscount and point to no risk of a tie, so maybe he thought the risk was low enough to be worth it.

If Ty is town, I'm more suspicious of Corn. His actions don't really make sense. It's possible the other scum where on Ty so Corn wanted to be on Mazre to split their vote (a stupid play but Corn is fond of vote analysis when he's town). There's also a chance he took the somewhat unnecessary risk of causing a tie. It seems too stupid to be intentional, but I don't want to WIFOM myself out of it completely.

Either way, I'm fairly suspicious of both right now.

*Splinter

Regarding their play for the rest of that day:

Corn I read as town very early on, due to a conversation he had with squidy. Because of this, I paid less attention to him for a while, although he did become gradually scummier throughout the day. His prodding on me I don't read much into to be honest - Corn loves me and I love him, so although the prodding seemed slightly unnecessary I didn't see it as unusual. Perhaps I shouldn't write that off so easily, he was accusing me of not contributing when I don't remember him having done much better himself. If he really wanted to chase inactives there were far better choices than me. In hindsight Ty latched onto this "narrative" later in the day when he called me less useful than Cabot.

Crim I didn't have much of a read on to be honest, he was vaguely townie but I haven't looked at him harder enough yet.

*Splinter

Flux makes me a little uncomfortable. He says things I disagree with and last game I ignored that too easily as an honest difference of opinion. The thing that really stood out to me yesterday from him was a post saying that if Ty flips town, I'm his target for day 2. Flux and I both voted for Ty in response to the same post, so unless Flux has some awesome logic I'm not seeing here, that lynch-chain logic seems a little out of nowhere.

If Ty is town, Flux would probably jump to the top of my suspects.

If Ty is scum I'd be less certain, that vote on Ty - although it came at a time when Ty had no votes - was quite risky timing to be voting a teammate.

*Splinter

I kept changing my mind on Squidy, but at the moment I'm leaning Town. I got a bit too tunnel visioned on Ty yesterday, might have taken his comment too personally, so when squidy was pushing Mazre I could only see it as him trying to save his teammate. In hindsight Mazre was a good target, and having two targets gave as an interesting/useful end of day. Squidy does make some odd/unhelpful comments at times, but those are very much part of his playstyle, so I don't put too much stock in them

*Splinter

Still think Ty is scum by the way, in case my last post sounded like I've softened.

He's played well as scum. Stayed out of the limelight, avoided hard stances. He would have the "vague town read" he's going for if not for that post calling several players useless.

He also killed scumbuddy CzarTim, so he has to go

VOTE: Ty4on

Karu

Anyone mind providing an actual reason for why flipping between Royal and Mazre was just a scummy thing to do? Or are we just going go "hey he changed his vote! that MUST be scummy because it is scummy"?
Royal is a Vote nobody cares about at the end of Day One. If he gets your Vote, so what? You were pinning for him since the very first day. Flipping to Mazre actively changes the Vote outcome at the last minute. Maazre flips town.

I don't have you at the top of my list, but to act like your funny business in the last minutes of the day were anything but strange, is really confusing to me. You gave your reasons, cool. That's rarely the end of the story, though.

But enough to lay off you for a bit.

Since you're new, I don't know you and burb being on my list -->

Besides Corn who's on your Top 4 suspect list right now?

//

So somebody said the instantly killed CzarTim was a potentially dangerous player - who played with him before Heist and could know this? Since this is a Veteran's game, probably quite a few, but I don't wanna leave it on the table like that.

*Splinter

Btw it's kind of bullshit that they get to kill a replacement. We get literally no information from that in a game with very little information for us to work with.

FluxWaveZ

The thing that really stood out to me yesterday from him was a post saying that if Ty flips town, I'm his target for day 2. Flux and I both voted for Ty in response to the same post, so unless Flux has some awesome logic I'm not seeing here, that lynch-chain logic seems a little out of nowhere.

I actually didn't remember that until now, so I went back and tried to recall what I was thinking at the time and I don't even remember that either. I know it had something to do with thinking what CornBurrito posted here meant something:
So you want Ty out but had a problem with me changing my vote to prevent a tie which also meant Ty was leading in votes?
And also this response to squidyj:
hey squidyj you wanna switch your vote to Ty4on so we can kill a scum?
Both of which mean nothing, in retrospect. Might have been something else, but I'll have to check back on D1 as a whole for that.

My top town are currently:

1. Kawl_USC
2. *Splinter
3. Ourobolus
4. Sawneeks

My top scum are currently:

1. CrimsonFist
2. CornBurrito
3. squidyj

FluxWaveZ

Btw it's kind of bullshit that they get to kill a replacement. We get literally no information from that in a game with very little information for us to work with.

That was absolutely the point of the kill, too. I would assume, moving forward, their M.O. will remain the same and they'll be killing off town who would tell us pretty much nothing about who scum is.

*Splinter

Royal is a Vote nobody cares about at the end of Day One. If he gets your Vote, so what? You were pinning for him since the very first day. Flipping to Mazre actively changes the Vote outcome at the last minute. Maazre flips town.

I don't have you at the top of my list, but to act like your funny business in the last minutes of the day were anything but strange, is really confusing to me. You gave your reasons, cool. That's rarely the end of the story, though.

But enough to lay off you for a bit.

Since you're new, I don't know you and burb being on my list -->

Besides Corn who's on your Top 4 suspect list right now?

//

So somebody said the instantly killed CzarTim was a potentially dangerous player - who played with him before Heist and could know this? Since this is a Veteran's game, probably quite a few, but I don't wanna leave it on the table like that.
Me, Corn, Ty4on, Sawneeks, Flush played with him in Danganronpa (where he was scum).
Me, Corn, Crimson, Flux played with him in werewolf.

I'm probably missing some. To be honest I think his skill at this game is fairly well known.

*Splinter

What are you refering to?
That line was a joke. Tim was scum with me in a previous game, so I phrased the vote as partly revenge for my friend and former teammate's death.

Purely a joke though, Ty is only responsible if he's scum, and the rest of my post (and more yesterday) detail why I think he's scum.

*Splinter

Tedious it may be, but I'm going to take a look at some of the less active posters.

Royal_Flush (17)

Flush has been the least active so far, and by some margin. His first (real life) day was bad. A few fluff/mechanical posts and then his "I'm going to bed" post that has been discussed already. The only conversation point that came up from him was on how votes are used (Flush v Cabot), and even that is mechanical/meta rather than actual scum hunting.

At this point he gets a little heat, so his posts become more useful, and we do get some reads, although without much reasoning. This is enough to get the immediate heat off of him, and to his credit his contributions remain decent after the fact. I also see now that he did warn he would be travelling for part of D1.

Flush's end of day is fairly uninteresting, although through no fault of his own. He has an early vote on Mazre (the first, in fact) that he maintains and reiterates as we get closer to deadline.

Overall, I'm leaning town on Flush. He needs to post more, obviously, but he has mentioned being RL busy a couple of times. Hopefully he can pick up a bit going forward.

Droplet (22)

Droplet was unable to post for the first (real life) day, fair enough. Her first real post states she dislikes scumhunting based on low post count, so apologies Drop :p

She also opens with a vote on Crimson. I personally disagreed with the reasoning but it is logical and a fair vote. There is a little more pressure on Crimson, a few light reads, and then unfortunately she is busy/travelling again. She does come back to make a (very) late vote on Mazre, but unfortunately she hadn't really commented on Mazre or Ty before this so I can't glean much here.

Actually I take that back, you did mention them both a few minutes before your vote:
Not for defending himself, for panicking over it.

I have no idea what to make of Mazre. I don't really seem anything particularly damning or interesting in his posts, the only thing that sticks out to me is that he made a post about having a 1v1 with Ty and that is somehow exactly what's happening.
From this post, I can't really tell who you suspected most, maybe Mazre? There is also the post before this where you accuse the Ty4on voters of bandwagoning. So I guess you're vote on Mazre makes sense in this context, but then the next day...
So, first of all, I want to apologize for my vote. I didn't want to keep my vote where it wouldn't have mattered, but in the last minute I didn't follow my own advice in choosing the person I thought was actually scummy and went for a low-activity poster. It was my vote that let Corn and Crimson change their votes at the last minute, ending in us lynching Mazre, and I felt like garbage for it the moment the day ended.

Vote: Ty4on
...it turns out that she was actually more suspicious of Ty4on, and her vote for Mazre was based on low-activity, rather than the "bad feelings" mentioned at the time. In hindsight, this also directly contradicts her initial post of not scumhunting based on activity.

Next up, this post (and the subsequent unvote) are also weird:
At least if I didn't horribly screw something up, Corn was the one who tied it. I added another vote to Mazre but wasn't intending to actually tie it. If Crimson and Corn did indeed believe I tied the vote and wanted to break that, then I'll take my vote off of Ty and carry the responsibility for screwing up.
There is no possible explanation Corn can give for his vote other than "it was an accident / I thought it was already tied", so changing her vote based on this is weird.

I feel less good about Drop now. I had a her at a slight town read most of D1, but her final vote seems weird in hindsight, and her posts today have only made it worse. Not my top pick, but I'm leaning scum on Drop at the moment.

Next we have Mazre (dead) and Burb (replaced) at 26 each. After that should be Karu (29), but I'm slightly more worried about...

Ourobolus (30)

Ouro has been posting somewhat less than usual. To be fair he claims he was busy for the first half of D1. Eventually he gives us those two posts. They were pretty good, I don't even need to link them for you to know which two I'm talking about (oh alright then). Now I'm not going to give him the "thats so much effort you must be town" freebie - I myself have benefited from that in the past, and always thought it was a very flawed logic. Nonetheless it was a good start to the game and a very helpful recap.

Off the back of these, Ouro votes for me (my second at the time). There isn't a huge amount of reasoning given here, and no questions posed. That's not unreasonable for such an early vote, but the annoying thing is it never gets any more concrete, he just kind of snipes at me from the sidelines.
Sorry, apparently "the day is ending in Mafia" is not a valid excuse for not taking the driver's seat.

Anyway, I'm still more suspicious of Splinter at this point, but I also don't want a tie. I'll try to be around at day end if need be.
I want to hear this too. I mean, it's not unlike Corn to be a flip-flopper, but still.

I doubt scum would sit around waiting for the end of the day to force a lynch, a least D1, but there was a lot of voting shenanigans in that last fifteen minutes that I think it at least bears looking into.

I also want to hear Splinter's thoughts on this turn of events.
(to be fair this second one could just be a prod on a suspicious player, and I hadn't commented on D2 at this point).

That aside, there is also his slightly shady behavior at the end of D1. He's already caught some flak for this and his explanation isn't super comforting.
With 27 minutes left, it was tied between you an Mazre (and I wasn't available until there was 13 minutes left). I was waiting until closer to day end, because again, I thought my candidate was more scummy, but since we only get actual, concrete info from lynches/deaths, I wanted to see who would be voting at the end.
This is supposed to be a justification for not voting Ty4on.

So for now I'm leaning scum on Ouro as well. His "pressure" on me I might be overreacting to, but his end of day actions are the bigger red flag here.

Ourobolus

Banned
Huh, we must not have many euros/night owls in here.

Ok, let's recap the final ~90 minutes of D1 (I know others have done it, but I remember things better if I write it myself too):

At this point, it is 3-3 Ty4on/Mazre.

Here's my final vote:

VOTE: Royal_Flush

I'm fine with Mazre or Ty4on going as well, but my top suspicions lie on Royal for now.

The way the conversation is going, Mazre and Ty4on are very unlikely to both be scum if one of them is indeed scum.

Not really impressed by squidy's reasoning, but I'll give him this one freebie trust.

VOTE: Mazre

Corn breaks the tie. 4-3, Mazre.

Oh... royal voted for Mazre.

Ok.

Corn...ties it again. 3-3.

Placing vote back on original desired suspect. And avoiding a tie.

Can't say I really have a strong preference between the two, but going after Mazre feels a bit like lynching for inactivity, and I don't really want the day to end in a tie.

CrimsonFist breaks the tie, 4-3, Ty40n.

Vote: Mazre

I'm sorry, I don't know what to make of this but I don't get good feelings from Mazre. His posts don't have anything in them and if he keeps this up he's just going to coast. Since Crimson's vote it probably won't be a tie, but I don't know. I'll just do this.

IT'S A TIE AGAIN. 4-4.

Is it tie?

I'll break it.

Fine

Vote: Unvote

Like others have mentioned, what the hell, guys?

As for how D2 is progressing...

I mentioned it in a previous post this day phase, but I'm inclined to believe CrimsonFist a bit more considering he broke the tie, even doing it again roughly at the same time Corn posted his final vote. Because of this, my suspicion of Flux is going up slightly due to his pressure on Crimson at the beginning of this day:

CrimsonFist, the one to break the tie and end up lynching Mazre, a townie, in a literal last minute vote after also switching votes a bunch.

Nah, son.

If Crimson is scum it's a ridiculously bold move on D1. Town doesn't have any information D1, so lynching a townie, while not a great thing in hindsight, is something of an inevitability until we get something a bit more concrete. I want to think that Crimson knows this, and acted accordingly. Mazre was acting a bit suspicious, IMO, after all. I'm waaaay more suspicious of Corn for his flip-flopping last-minute.

I'm kinda understand why some people here seem to be pushing forth the idea that if Ty flips town/scum, it clears/implicates the rest of the last-minute voters. I think we need to look at them individually. However, the possibility that scum exists in those last minute votes is probably high. It's not the most definite path forward we could have, but it is only D2. I have a hard time believing that scum would let one of their own die on D1. That's not to say that Ty is scum, but if he is, I can see the motivation for switching to Mazre.

For now, my top Scum are (honestly, in no particular order):
CornBurrito
Splinter
FluxWaveZ
Droplet (ehhh....slightly)

Corn: Flip-flopper extraordinaire. While it's not uncharacteristic of him, it was just so silly that I'm having a hard time believing it was unintentional.
Splinter: I've had my eye on him since D1, and my suspicions haven't changed.
Flux: For the aforementioned Crimson/Flux read.
Droplet: She tied the vote at one point, relatively early enough though. It's not enough for me to want to go after her at this moment, but I'll be keeping my eye on her.

Makes practically zero sense to scum read me AND Flux.

I'm gonna need some more reasoning here. Why not?

As for Sawneeks, it looks like she is going to be posting a bit more than Burb was (sorry, Burb), so I'll see how that goes this day phase. She's not completely off the hook, but I'll give her a minute to get her feet wet.

Now, to respond to Splinter's accusation...

I gave my reasoning for the end-day voting. I didn't want to force a tie (Imagine if Crimson had voted for Ty with his last vote - it would've tied it up again since he and Corn voted at the same time). And yes, my wife doesn't think Mafia trumps her chance to sleep in the passenger seat :p.

And yes, my post at the beginning of this day was a prod to get you to talk.

Yeah fuck this post and everything in it

VOTE: Ty4on

I thought I'd been pretty clear about why I was voting for you.
Apart from Splinter's initial weird-ass post about lying low in the thread, then there was this vote on Ty4on. Yes, Ty's post was a little strange, but your reaction was also weird. No reasoning, just a quick vote on him 7 minutes after Flux. While that may not be a "bandwagon," since I was already suspicious of you it certainly seemed to jump out at me. Something about your posts just doesn't sit right with me.

*Splinter

Hold on, either Ouro's post is wrong or I am (along with everyone else, I thought?)

Droplet didn't cause a tie, Corn's vote at xx:59 caused a tie, right?

Ourobolus

Banned
Hold on, either Ouro's post is wrong or I am (along with everyone else, I thought?)

Droplet didn't cause a tie, Corn's vote at xx:59 caused a tie, right?

Unless I had the count wrong, Crimson broke the tie and Droplet re-tied it.

i just realized I fucked up my formatting a bit. The underlined bit in one of Corn's quotes should be outside of it.

Karu

Just a few thoughts and questions.
Originally Posted by FluxWaveZ

And I really like this narrative you guys have got going on that if Ty4on flips town, everyone who switched votes in the final minutes are suddenly less suspect. It's a really nice way to make sure people pay no attention to those who switched votes at the last minute after you make a push for Ty4on to be lynched and he possibly ends up flipping town.
Almost feels as if you expect him to flip town, and don't want other townies look less suspicious because of that.
I brought forth pretty much a smiliar/same reasoning in regards to the flipflop situation. What do you think of that?

Also: Redhood56 hasn't posted in the last two days except for two fluff posts about a song or something. After he got the heat on the first day is stays awfully low as of late!

FluxWaveZ

Unless I had the count wrong, Crimson broke the tie and Droplet re-tied it.

No, your vote count is definitely wrong. CornBurrito is the one who tied it, hence the discussion of him always talking about not wanting a tie and then tying it himself.

(I see that you've addressed that yourself.)

Flux: For the aforementioned Crimson/Flux read.

Am I wrong in thinking you scum read me on D1 as well? So my read on Crimson, which has always been a scum read since the start, is now the impetus for you scum reading me?

Ourobolus

Banned
No, your vote count is definitely wrong. CornBurrito is the one who tied it, hence the discussion of him always talking about not wanting a tie and then tying it himself.

(I see that you've addressed that yourself.)

Am I wrong in thinking you scum read me on D1 as well? So my read on Crimson, which has always been a scum read since the start, is now the impetus for you scum reading me?

Not solely. Just more of an update to my prior read.

Ourobolus

Banned
That is to say, you being suspicious of Crimson on D1 wasn't a big flag for me, but now it is considering Crimson's actions at the end of D1.

FluxWaveZ

That is to say, you being suspicious of Crimson on D1 wasn't a big flag for me, but now it is considering Crimson's actions at the end of D1.

And this is exactly why he's going to get away with it. Something that puts you so much into the spotlight and something that seems unnecessary, so much so that "he's unlikely scum." Already I was feeling uneasy, but I was convinced from that and his post-D1 behavior.

You know how in WW2 CrimsonFist was scum, yet everyone pegged him to be town (with a few exceptions, including me when I was a Doppleganger)? The only thing that unraveled that was the Sheriff role. In a game where PRs don't exist? That false read would have lasted until the end. Like now.

By lynching one of the flippers, aren't we implying that Ty4on is Scum? Because I still don't see a good reason for Scum to do this if two Townies were in the thunderdome. So why not directly lynch Ty4on? I mean, it could be a gambit, like Flux suggests, but I don't think that's what happened.

I think the main problem, at least for me, is not that you flip-floped between me and someone else (if you really thought we had a tie, which you obviously can't proof), but that you flip-floped between me and Mazre. I mean, I didn't find any other reasoning for Mazre than "I want to give squidyj a chance", but the reasoning for Ty4on (well actually it was for me but that made Ty4on vote leader, etc.) was that I had a vote on Mazre and wouldn't bus a scum member so early. One could say you indirectly voted for Ty4on by voting for me yet you chose to "brake the tie" by voting for Mazre instead of making your indirect Ty4on vote a direct Ty4on vote.

fuck, you're right. I miscounted. Goddammit. >_<
That was a major conversation point today. How could you possibly miss that?

And this is exactly why he's going to get away with it. Something that puts you so much into the spotlight and something that seems unnecessary, so much so that "he's unlikely scum." Already I was feeling uneasy, but I was convinced from that and his post-D1 behavior.

You know how in WW2 CrimsonFist was scum, yet everyone pegged him to be town (with a few exceptions, including me when I was a Doppleganger)? The only thing that unraveled that was the Sheriff role. In a game where PRs don't exist? That false read would have lasted until the end. Like now.
I mean, that's fine if you already scum read these people anyway but going after them just because they last minute flipped from one (according to your reads) Townie to another Townie seems like a bad idea.

Ouro so if Flux and I are both scum, why is he throwing suspicion at me and why am I saying how I think he is scum and placing a vote on him? Bussing each other on D2? The fuck would we go for that stupid ass gambit in a PRless game?

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, let me try this again so I have my head straight.

It is 3-4, Ty4on here.

The way the conversation is going, Mazre and Ty4on are very unlikely to both be scum if one of them is indeed scum.

Not really impressed by squidy's reasoning, but I'll give him this one freebie trust.

Corn ties it, 4-4.

Oh... royal voted for Mazre.

Ok.

Placing vote back on original desired suspect. And avoiding a tie.

Corn un-ties it. 4-3, Ty4on.

Can't say I really have a strong preference between the two, but going after Mazre feels a bit like lynching for inactivity, and I don't really want the day to end in a tie.

5-3, Ty4on.

I'm sorry, I don't know what to make of this but I don't get good feelings from Mazre. His posts don't have anything in them and if he keeps this up he's just going to coast. Since Crimson's vote it probably won't be a tie, but I don't know. I'll just do this.

5-4, Ty4on.

Is it tie?

I'll break it.

Corn ties it again. 5-5.

Fine

6-5, Mazre.

Vote: Unvote

Ok, I need to revamp my suspicions. Crimson could have very well been trying to tie it right there. Sorry Flux, I'll get back to you. Still a slight read on you, but you're at least somewhat clear for voting on Crimson now. He very well could have been trying to tie it there.

I'd be surprised if he's trying to get away with the exact same thing, but it's something to consider. See above for my amended thoughts.

FluxWaveZ

I mean, that's fine if you already scum read these people anyway but going after them just because they last minute flipped from one (according to your reads) Townie to another Townie seems like a bad idea.

Voting for anyone at the last minute, forcing the momentum of who was going to be lynched onto someone else, is not a good look. I don't think it should be the only reason to go after someone, though, sure. It's why I don't really care about going after CornBurrito for it, even though he was the most suspicious with the frequent indecision and tie causing.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ouro so if Flux and I are both scum, why is he throwing suspicion at me and why am I saying how I think he is scum and placing a vote on him? Bussing each other on D2? The fuck would we go for that stupid ass gambit in a PRless game?

Considering there are no PRs in this game, I'd think trying to get credibility early on is a legitimate strategy. Sure, it's pretty bold, but I dunno. I'm not really saying BOTH of you are scum, but I wouldn't be surprised for one of you to be.

6-5, Mazre.

Ok, I need to revamp my suspicions. Crimson could have very well been trying to tie it right there. Sorry Flux, I'll get back to you. Still a slight read on you, but you're at least somewhat clear for voting on Crimson now. He very well could have been trying to tie it there.

Crimson was a vote on Ty4on, it's 6-4 afterwards and he couldn't tie it with just the Droplet vote. (I don't think he's seen the CB vote when he voted; those two basically came at the same time.)

Ourobolus

Banned
Crimson was a vote on Ty4on, it's 6-4 afterwards and he couldn't tie it with just the Droplet vote. (I don't think he's seen the CB vote when he voted; those two basically came at the same time.)

Huh? Crimson voted for Mazre at the same time Corn voted for Mazre. Had only one of those happened, it would have been a tie.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, so Crimson wouldn't have tied it regardless. That makes a bit more sense. At the very least it's still following with my initial (although mathematically flawed) reasoning that he wasn't trying to tie the vote.

Top Bottom