• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helix |OT| Sci-fi Thriller Series Executive Produced by Ron Moore – Fridays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
- New key art via EW:
tmUyc9v.jpg

Cool poster

Is Space not going to premiere it at the same time in Canada?

Also, how did the first season end again? I have a bad memory, especially when it comes to remembering lines and certain events in TV shows, movies and games. Maybe because I consume so many.

ivysaur12

Banned

dcelw540

Does anyone know if
Hiroshi Hatake
or
Sergio Balleseros
will be back?

Just the spoilers just in case :p

ivysaur12

Banned
So only 4 returning cast members?

No, I don't know why they didn't link to Kyra's portraits as well. They have a few repeats, probably an omission -- the rest are here:

http://www.syfy.com/helix/cast/

Billy, Kyra, Neil, Matt, and I think Jordan are series regulars. Neil and Jordan were recurring last season, Matt wasn't in the cast.

EDIT: Cast descriptions:

Alan Farragut --
Formerly a lead pathologist with the CDC, Dr. Alan Farragut splintered off on his own rogue mission to investigate Ilaria, the corporation at the center of the global conspiracy of Season One. Haunted by the events at Arctic Biosystems, Alan will pursue the truth to the ends of the earth, even as his obsession takes an irreparable toll on his life and the lives of the people around him.

Julia Walker --
Still reeling from the revelations in Season One that changed her life forever, Dr. Julia Walker is pursuing her own agenda to define her new identity. In league with her captors, the shadowy Ilaria Corporation, she must use her passion, courage and fierce independence to find her moral compass and create purpose in her new existence.

Sarah Jordan --
Dr. Sarah Jordan is one of the youngest doctors ever hired by the CDC, and her ambition to make her mark on the world of virology drives most of her decisions ... though the events of Season One have given her a new perspective, tempering the naiveté that so often led her astray. She must now balance her ambitions and responsibility with her evolving understanding of who -- and what -- she is now.

Kyle Sommer --
Dr. Kyle Sommer is a world-class toxicologist with a Southern swagger. As the newest member of the CDC team, his Texas charm can bring levity to even the darkest of situations ... but what he discovers on the island is unlike anything he's encountered before, and it will change his life in ways he has yet to understand.

Peter Farragut --
As Patient Zero in Season One, Dr. Peter Farragut was no stranger to the deadly consequences of an unchecked outbreak. Now, leading the CDC team on the island, he must reconcile his personal demons, struggling between his allegiances to his brother Alan, his former lover Julia and the mysterious corporation that may hold the key to the virus.

Michael --
As the head of the enigmatic order living on the island, Brother Michael welcomes the CDC with caution. A student of nature and lover of science, he eschews modern technology and is suspicious of outsiders ... yet he has designs on making an impact that reaches far beyond the Abbey, and he will stop at nothing to preserve his way of life.

Amy --
Young, angry and ambitious, Sister Amy is sick of Abbey life and her father, Michael, and uses her intelligence and sex to manipulate men into doing her bidding. Devious and immoral, she is willing to do anything to get her way.

Anne --
One of the Abbey's most devoted followers, Sister Anne is often in conflict with her unruly daughter, Amy. Less assertive and more enthralled by Brother Michael, Anne is desperate to maintain control and stay in Michael's good graces.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No, I don't know why they didn't link to Kyra's portraits as well. They have a few repeats, probably an omission -- the rest are here:

http://www.syfy.com/helix/cast/

Billy, Kyra, Neil, Matt, and I think Jordan are series regulars. Neil and Jordan were recurring last season, Matt wasn't in the cast.

I see. Will they explain what happened to the rest of the characters or are we to assume they all died in the S1 finale explosion?

Kevin

Season one was a mess but I found it interesting enough to keep watching. Season 2 sounds pretty good so far so I'll definitely be watching.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This sure feels like it won't have anything to do with where season one went.

Steven Weber as a sorta
Doctor Moreau
type? Looks fun.

Yeah, I was going to say that I sense shades of Dr Moreau along with The Wicker Man, which I'll admit intrigues me. I'm probably not watching that much in the first three months next year, so why not keep up with this.

With Ratsky and TheOddOne on the shelf for a little longer, is there anyone that wants to put together the S2 OT for Helix? The S2 starts on Jan 16th, so the thread would go up Friday or anytime after that.

Kaladin

I quit watching halfway through the first season because it seemed like a standard issue virus in an arctic base type story.

Watched the season 1 recap video and boy was I wrong. I quit watching pretty much right before the show got good it seems. Need to pick it up again I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom