• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helix - Season 2 - Fridays on SyFy - Play God. Pay the Price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
xU3tSvd.jpg

Helix returns to SyFy on January 16th at 10pm ET for a 13-episode second season. The show took a little while to pick up momentum last season, but the last few episodes were a hot mess that was as chaotic as it was nonsensical. Featuring a solid cast, unpredictable plot, and GAF’s own Ivysaur in the writers’ room, it’s time to grab some popcorn and strap in for another season.

SyFy said:
After barely escaping with their lives, the survivors of Season One attempt to move on from the horrors that took place at Arctic Biosystems. But when their work takes them to a mysterious and remote wooded island, they quickly discover the Ilaria Corporation's reach is deeper and darker than anyone imagined, and a deadly new virus will present a threat that no one thought possible.

XJmF27b.jpg

Cast:
5yETwew.jpg
FLl1qzi.jpg

Billy Campbell as Dr. Alan Farragut and Kyra Zagorsky as Dr. Julia Walker
U2fnHUo.jpg
CyEeTVn.jpg

Jordan Hayes as Dr. Sarah Jordan and Matt Long as Dr. Kyle Sommer
LiD3H0t.jpg
xIEmWfJ.jpg

Neil Napier as Dr. Peter Farragut and Steven Weber as Brother Michael
3NgY0Z1.jpg
6dQB6XQ.jpg

Alison Louder as Sister Amy and Severn Thompson as Sister Anne

Videos:
o3X9ypd.jpg

Other links:Poster:

tmUyc9v.jpg

ibtxuezZd6vTi8.gif

Enjoyed the first season, looking forward to checking this out on Friday.

Fridays got crowded. I'm DVRing a half dozen things that night (this, 12 Monkeys, Glee, Constantine, Banshee, Bill Maher).

RS4-

I stopped watching when Jeri Ryan showed up, should I watch the rest or just the last ep?

edit - lol I can't even watch the recap. GG restrictions

jelly

I'll have to watch but it looks completely different. Does it actually continue on from last series ?

ODDI

Woah didn't know a second season is a go, still have a few episodes from last season to watch may as well get on the bus.

I will do as you say....but ill just watch the entire season instead.

Honestly, I think the last four episodes are probably the best way to go if you've seen the first few episodes. Nothing of note really happens during the mid point, but you can of course watch them if you choose.

Don't let the boredom that sets in put you off seeing it through to the end.

ivysaur12

Banned
So, I thought a lot about what I wanted to write here. Basically -- I'm curious to see what everyone thinks, thanks for the support even if you think the season/show is shitty, and please watch the two webisodes I wrote -- I'll send a link when they're up. My first one was supposed to be released on Friday, but considering the circumstances in Paris right now, it was rightfully pushed to later in the season. It'll be here under "Access Granted" starting next Friday, I believe. Maybe Saturday. I wrote half of the episodic content for it, so I'll let you know when that stuff comes up too. It's all canon.

Thanks so much of the support, no matter what.

So, I thought a lot about what I wanted to write here. Basically -- I'm curious to see what everyone thinks, thanks for the support even if you think the season/show is shitty, and please watch the two webisodes I wrote -- I'll send a link when they're up. My first one was supposed to be released on Friday, but considering the circumstances in Paris right now, it was rightfully pushed to later in the season. It'll be here under "Access Granted" starting next Friday, I believe. Maybe Saturday. I wrote half of the episodic content for it, so I'll let you know when that stuff comes up too. It's all canon.

Thanks so much of the support, no matter what.

I look forward to them.

B.K.

The first season was some of the worst TV I've ever watched. There's no way I'm watching any more of this garbage.

The first season was some of the worst TV I've ever watched. There's no way I'm watching any more of this garbage.

No way, it loses its way during the mid point, but the finale was incredible.

They embraced the crazy and that really works in favour of the show.

I haven't watched a single moment of this show yet, but that poster is really cool IMO, and the fact that the setting is so different for season two has made me really want to check this out.
It'll be a good show to break up all the miserable(and great) BBC dramas I've been watching(Happy Valley and The Fall).

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The finale was the best episode since the pilot on account of being batshit insane and making no sense at all. It was a laugh-a-minute experiment on TV scripting and filming. At that point I had given up any hope on the show, so I just accepted it as it was and have a grand time with it*.

Luckily enough, S2 is going to be (almost) a completely new show.

*actually, it was so bad it pissed me off IRL, but it also gave me a few good chuckles afterwards.

Edit: IIRC one of the writers who worked on the second season of Defiance (which was a MASSIVE upgrade over its awful, awful first season) also worked on Helix's S2. So there's that.

At least they did not lose their sense of visuals. Hatake's cabbage (or whatever kind of vegetable it was) farm was really cool and so is the window in this office.

ivysaur12

Banned
The finale was the best episode since the pilot on account of being batshit insane and making no sense at all. It was a laugh-a-minute experiment on TV scripting and filming. At that point I had given any hope on the show, so I just accepted it as it was and have a grand time with it*.

Luckily enough, S2 is going to be (almost) a completely new show.

*actually, it was so bad it pissed me off IRL, but it also gave me a few good chuckles afterwards.

Edit: IIRC one of the writers who worked on the second season of Defiance (which was a MASSIVE upgrade over its awful, awful first season) also worked on Helix's S2. So there's that.

Yes, Allison Miller, one of the world's greatest humans.

I haven't watched a single moment of this show yet, but that poster is really cool IMO, and the fact that the setting is so different for season two has made me really want to check this out.
It'll be a good show to break up all the miserable(and great) BBC dramas I've been watching(Happy Valley and The Fall).

Regardless of one's opinion on the show, the first and second season have both had amazing posters.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yes, Allison Miller, one of the world's greatest humans.

Regardless of one's opinion on the show, the first and second season have both had amazing posters.

im always a sucker for good visuals which is why im giving it a second chance after reading some opinions.

Ooh, excellent. Looking forward to those.

Hamlet

I love that poster. Going give this a chance again.
My biggest issue with season 1 was for all the crazy stuff that happened during it the episodes were surprisingly boring at times between those moments.

Thanks Ivy, that works.

Like Season 1, Season 2 has a killer set-up, that's for sure. Creepy cult, creepy locale, creepy disease, creeped out investigators.

I really hope this lives up to the potential. Season 1 had shades of The Thing, a cool locale, but I could not even finish it cause I just... it really did not click.

I will check S2 out though.

Averon

I dropped this show midway through season 1 because it was getting so over-the-top (in a bad way). There were too many other shows airing at the time that deserved my attention.

I understand the "good" kind of over-the-top writing some are talking about. A show that embraces its craziness and comes out stronger for it. Hell, I love those type of shows, but Helix, at least the portion that I viewed, wasn't one of those shows.

Kevin

Season one was a hot mess but there were some elements to the show that I liked and because of that I will tune in and give season two a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom