• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade 2 | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Hellblade 2 will get?

• 50-59%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 70-75%

Votes: 23 9.9%
  • 76-79%

Votes: 44 19.0%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 90 38.8%
  • 86-90%

Votes: 47 20.3%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 10 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well, I said that after mentioning about 2 other games. i wasn't referring to hb2 (which I haven't played) as you were...

Okay, but he wasn't talking about whatever you didn't like about the sequels. That's not what he means by inferior.

Though i'll add thinking TOTK is inferior to BOTW is daft lol. I'm not sure how you could possibly think that.

Last edited:
um, who said anything about spider-man 2? not that i don't feel that it's, despite what you mention, inferior to the original, personally. tears of the kingdom also added the stuff you mention, & i feel it's inferior, as well. different strokes?...

Also take 20-30 points from those Sony centric sites that boost up Sony only game i.e. Spider-Man 2 that has been the same game thru 3 iterations.

simpatico

So the graphics look great. This game would be better received if it was positioned as "bonus game" in an otherwise packed release schedule. But leaning on it as the big exclusive for the year is just inviting very harsh critique towards a game that's basically in the same category as The Vanishing of Ethan Carter or The Stanley Parable. A nifty little gimmick game.

Topher

Gold Member
2 employees outta what 60?

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
The weird hate this game have is absurd, there's definitely some console warring factor into it.

The funny/cringy part of it is that most of the arguments used to criticize this game are things that many of us that are mostly into other types of games (RPGs, Nintendo and mostly japanese stuff for me) use to criticize most Sony and western games, but those are praised somehow lol.

Get your mind together people, you don't like it don't get wild on internet trying others not to like it, the ones that like this game are pretty happy and even amazed by it, including myself.

The difference is that Hellblade 2 is a 5-6 hour game while the others are 15-40 hours long. Those walking and talking are somewhat forgivable because there's a lot of gameplay left in the game.

Zones

Fanboy metacritic reaction
Ghost of Tsushima 83 score : Masterpiece
Stellar Blade score 81 score: excellent
HellDivers 2 score 81 score : exceptional

Same Fanboy metacritic score reaction
Starfield 83 score : Trash
Hell Blade 2 81 score: Garbage
Forza Motorsport 8 84 score: ass
The irony of your comment is that you actually literally proved that the only likely legitimate review 'tax' around is a 'PlayStation Tax'.

First, remove Stellar Blade from this because it's not a Sony owned game. I would personally add Days Gone there instead (Metascore: 71).

Second, you said fanboys... but in reality all those three Sony games (GOT, DG, and HDII) have sold around 10 million units each, which means the general (read: non-console war centric) gaming audience have in large number found those lower-rated Sony games to be worthy of purchasing, whereas in contrast, Starfield performed extremely underwhelming compared to other mainline Bethesda games, and both HBII and Forza bombed in a catastrophic manner.

A good illustration for this is Days Gone (Metascore: 71) versus Hellblade II (Metascore: 81). DG was released 3 years ago on PC (and that's 2 years after the initial PS4 launch), and it currently has a slightly higher player count on Steam versus the 2-days old Hellblade II which had a day-and-date PC release (and an 81 Metascore).

dg.jpg

hbii.jpg

So either critics are biased against those very popular PlaySation games (read: PlayStation Tax), or somehow the better user reception and higher player count on Steam is... because of PlayStation fanboys? (it sounds dumb to even write / hypothesize this last bit).

P.S. check out that user review score of Days Gone on Steam (91.4%) versus its Metascore (71), and that should tell you all you need to know about this so called 'tax' allegation.

It's not. Definition of a victim complex is someone who complains about being a victim, even often in spite of evidence to the contrary. I'm not complaining about anything. Just observing. There's also no evidence to the contrary. The evidence supports my observation.

Please educate yourself. Thanks.
It's a victim complex. Please educate yourself. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hellblade 2 is bombing far worse than Hi Fi Rush....they employ more people.....in a higher cost of living country......I don't see how they escape this unless they have a gameplan to turn things around and start making real games again

Put my initial post into ChatGPT and have it explain it to you. Nowhere in my post was there anything of the sort. You'd know that if you could read.
You weren't complaining?

There's no victim complex. Demigod, Ass of Can and James Sawyer all have a history of being pro-Sony and anti-Microsoft. Feel free to check their post history and confirm that.

They also happen to be the most outspoken in this thread. That's not a victim complex. That's connecting the dots.

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

XXL

Put my initial post into ChatGPT and have it explain it to you. Nowhere in my post was there anything of the sort. You'd know that if you could read.
I swear there's some reading comprehension issue here with you and Giallo.

Player count has nothing to do with views on the game. There's plenty of "good" or "bad" games with low player count. That's not the topic of discussion at all.

Maybe put my prior post into ChatGPT and ask it to explain it to you?
Wtf is with you telling people to use Chat GPT?

You said the exact same thing to me earlier. Lol.

Mortisfacio

Banned
You weren't complaining?

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck....

Making an observation that the people most vocal in a negative way have a history of being sony fanboys is not complaining. Nowhere did I complain about it. I simply mentioned it. You got your panties in a twist.

This is why I asked you to run this through ChatGPT for you. You clearly having some learning disability as your reading comprehension is worse than my 1st graders.

sncvsrtoip

The more Im playing HB2 the more I admire graphics (unfortunetly not gameplay ;d) . Its definitely for me number 1 in terms of visuals and will be hard to surpass it on xsx/ps5 taking into account linearity, how limited interaction and gameplay is, ~2.5m pixels thx to black borders and 30fps. Dont think these consoles have much more power.

Making an observation that the people most vocal in a negative way have a history of being sony fanboys is not complaining. Nowhere did I complain about it. I simply mentioned it. You got your panties in a twist.

This is why I asked you to run this through ChatGPT for you. You clearly having some learning disability as your reading comprehension is worse than my 1st graders.

None of us arguing with you are dumb enough or low IQ enough to actually think Hellblade 2 is a good game.

Type that into chatgpt and see what that makes you.

Edge Hill Duck GIF by Edge Hill University

You're a shill. We know that already.

See, you're doing it again man, you're defending the undefendable, you're taking sides ('cause you're not impartial as you might think), you're calling people idiots and fanboys, but, when people call you out you pull out the chatGTP and the "hey, i'm just making an observation" schtick.

This doesn't work they way you think it should work, you're allowed to your "unbiased" opinion but when people need to retort, you should allow them, this is how a discussion should go, otherwise, it's just a monologue.

FlyyGOD

The irony of your comment is that you actually literally proved that the only likely legitimate review 'tax' around is a 'PlayStation Tax'.

First, remove Stellar Blade from this because it's not a Sony owned game. I would personally add Days Gone there instead (Metascore: 71).

Second, you said fanboys... but in reality all those three Sony games (GOT, DG, and HDII) have sold around 10 million units each, which means the general (read: non-console war centric) gaming audience have in large number found those lower-rated Sony games to be worthy of purchasing, whereas in contrast, Starfield performed extremely underwhelming compared to other mainline Bethesda games, and both HBII and Forza bombed in a catastrophic manner.

A good illustration for this is Days Gone (Metascore: 71) versus Hellblade II (Metascore: 81). DG was released 3 years ago on PC (and that's 2 years after the initial PS4 launch), and it currently has a slightly higher player count on Steam versus the 2-days old Hellblade II which had a day-and-date PC release (and an 81 Metascore).

dg.jpg

hbii.jpg

So either critics are biased against those very popular PlaySation games (read: PlayStation Tax), or somehow the better user reception and higher player count on Steam is... because of PlayStation fanboys? (it sounds dumb to even write / hypothesize this last bit).

P.S. check out that user review score of Days Gone on Steam (91.4%) versus its Metascore (71), and that should tell you all you need to know about this so called 'tax' allegation.
I'm not talking about a review tax. I'm talking about hypocrites on NeoGaf.

nikolino840

You're free to eat their bullshit, as always. Don't expect us to do the same though.

What were they doing between 2017 and 2020 then? Of course, they were working on Hellblade 2. Don't forget that they showed Hellblade 2 in 2019.

And there is always a period of multiple years before full production begins. That's how game development works. You still count that period as part of the full development cycle.

You should take your advice of checking before posting nonsense :)
Bleeding edge plus all the burocracy and meeting for the acquisition and they have build an another studio?

Top Bottom