• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade (Ninja Theory) now called Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, more info at GDC

melkier33

Apr 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Interesting, right of the bat I didn't like the name change, but it kinda makes me think of a book title in a series now. Can't wait to hear more, the visual updates they showed the last few months look great.

Light_End

Banned
Oct 27, 2015
oh I remember this game, it looked pretty ugly before. I hope it got better.
Everything they showed before made it look like an action game that's going to fall victim to a rigid artistic vision choking the gameplay elements.

I'm a sucker for solid action games though so i hope it delivers.

J-Skee

May 31, 2014
Is this the same (alternate?) universe as Heavenly Sword?

I mean, the names mirror each other.
It can't share the same universe as Sony owns the rights to Heavenly Sword. I have no idea why Ninja Theory can't/won't do a sequel, but I assume this is more like a spiritual successor.

Imperfected

Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I'm normally not one for adding additional text onto a title, but it does seem justified in this case. "Hellblade" by itself kind of sounds like a 90's edgelord comic book or maybe a heavy metal album, neither of which really inspire visions of semi-serious psychological introspection.

shinobi602

Sep 28, 2010
www.twitter.com
Really looking forward to this. I thoroughly enjoyed Enslaved and DmC and Ninja Theory's done fine work. It definitely has an interesting premise and protagonist, I like the art direction and the combat looks like it could be fun with further work.

Ricky_R

Dec 28, 2010

Alastor3

Jun 28, 2012
Can't freaking waitt!!!!!

I watched all of the developpement videos and it was awesome. Amazing what a small team can do!

Also, I love that they touch some subjects like alienation and mental problems.

Doomshroom

Jun 4, 2013
Awsome image looking forward to the game but Hellblade sounds silly and stupid and not a fan of Senua’s Sacrifice either.

matrix-cat

Jan 9, 2009
Looking forward to seeing what the game looks like now. Didn't they pretty much scrap all the framework that we'd seen so far?

Bit of a silly subtitle, but it's one of those Word: Subtitle game names that everyone is just going to call by its regular title anyway. Beyond: Two Souls, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Detroit: Whatever Whatever; ain't nobody got time for all that.

Dinda

Feb 5, 2013
Since this will probably be a smaller game, i hope they set the game up so that a sequel would be possible. Love the design of Senua and, if the game is good, would love to see more of her.

E_Darkness

Jan 11, 2014
Looks like the kind of album that would appear in my spotify recommendations that I would skip each time it came up.

PSY・S

Sep 12, 2011
Is there a dev diary where they talk about scrapping gameplay? I think the last one I saw is the one where they were showing off a bunch of experimental effects.