• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 debuts as the biggest Sony PC published game on Steam based on the number of concurrent users

Currently it sits a tad below Spider-Man Remastered (66,436 CCU) and God of War 2018 (73,529 CCU). That said, congrats to Arrowhead on their big Steam launch! 🎉

UPDATE: Helldivers 2 officially the highest CCU for any SIE game on PC.

image.png

image.png

Source being used is SteamDB.

Last edited:
Okay we get it. I've heard more about this games apparent accolades than the game itself. What's next Helldivers 2 debuts as the second highest rated game in the franchise?
Btw, I've made similar threads about Infinite Wealth and Persona 3 Reload and I will keep doing so in the future with other note worthy game launches on Steam. If you don't like these type of threads I strongly suggest you to hit that ignore button.

Last edited:

tommycronin

Banned
The fuck lmao
Btw, I've made similar threads about Infinite Wealth and Persona 3 Reload and I will keep doing so in the future with other note worthy game launches on Steam. If you don't like these type of threads I strongly suggest you to hit that ignore button.
This xbox new cycle has me well rattled I must attack Sony haha But yeah numbers do look good, seen the reviews are mixed on steam but that seems to be just launch issues servers and that is there any PS5 impressions yet I wanna pick it up.

DeepSpace5D

Probably safe to assume it reaches #1 on this list over the weekend? It doesn’t have much to go already.

I got some serious fomo right now watching this game launch while away from my PS5. Looking forward to joining the Super Earth brigade next month though.

Last edited:
This xbox new cycle has me well rattled I must attack Sony haha But yeah numbers do look good, seen the reviews are mixed on steam but that seems to be just launch issues servers and that is there any PS5 impressions yet I wanna pick it up.
That's understandable, mate. I'm a bit rattled as well as a recent Series X owner, but it is what it is. Hopefully Phil can clear up things with regards to the Xbox side of the business come next week. Anyway, let's enjoy video games! :D

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Surprising numbers. GOW went on to sell 1 million in 3 months so Helldivers should get very close to that if not surpass it.

Is it out in US today? Are these european numbers?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Are we going to ignore the 52% positive rating? Either a bad port or perhaps server/connection issues.

Are we going to ignore the 52% positive rating? Either a bad port or perhaps server/connection issues.
It's just day 1 launch issues. Nothing that shouldn't get ironed out soon enough. The actual game is pretty phenomenal when it isn't having server issues. I don't see a way it is not a big hit

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I will point out that this is not even peak time, currently I am at work, Kids are at school, and that's within the EU.

The biggest will be when the US has woken up, and they have returned from work/school.

I fully expect a higher day 1 cap and potentially a much higher weekend one.

Last edited:

I'm curious what issues (if any) the anti-cheat software is causing. Or if that's just Steam players who want to cheat, dogging the game because it's preventing them from doing so. Would be nice if you could look at a player's playtime history (including any infractions for suspected cheating in online games) on platforms like Steam.

Sony looking at this and deciding day and date on PC is pretty smart after all, no?

#bravenewworldahead

If you've seen the production halving rumor....probably not 🤣

Last edited:

Luipadre

Just wait a few more hours for EU peak and US to get home. Also weekend is coming. It will break 100k on sunday imo

Mowcno

Pretty good result. Hopefully will have a bigger peak this weekend.

Compare the player numbers of this to Suicide Squad if you want to laugh and/or feel sad at the state of rocksteady.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
uqqSqvI.jpg

I made this for people to give to their friends, I included some recent releases and also some older games which I think helps establish a base line.

Helldivers 2 certainly had a great launch, let's hope it can work through its issues on PC.

Z O N E

So, apparently this game uses Nprotect that is a kernal level anti cheat that has access to your ENTIRE PC AND FILES and may require a 3rd party app to fully uninstall it from your system.

What in flip flop sandals is that all about. 😂

Sushi_Combo

So, apparently this game uses Nprotect that is a kernal level anti cheat that has access to your ENTIRE PC AND FILES and may require a 3rd party app to fully uninstall it from your system.

What in flip flop sandals is that all about. 😂
Developers confirmed that once the game is uninstalled, so is the anti-cheat software.

Freeman76

So, are people liking the game? 52% says no.
Anti cheat program on PC is not helping them, and lots of ppl watch a trailer, buy a game, then realise its only good with friends and not solo friendly so they refund and leave a negative review. Not saying the game is any good, I dunno, but thats def part of it

uqqSqvI.jpg

I made this for people to give to their friends, I included some recent releases and also some older games which I think helps establish a base line.

Helldivers 2 certainly had a great launch, let's hope it can work through its issues on PC.
That GB Relink Resident Evil heartbeat.

2s4hrp.gif

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
No wonder the servers are shitting themselves. Seems sony was not prepared very well for it being this popular.
It costs a lot of money to be “prepared”. It is better to have minor issues at launch and adjust based on demand than over provision. Then again these days a lot of it is dynamic server provisioning so not sure what the bottleneck they are hitting is.

sigmaZ

Okay we get it. I've heard more about this games apparent accolades than the game itself. What's next Helldivers 2 debuts as the second highest rated game in the franchise?
IT'S A GAME WHERE YOU SELL MORE COPIES THAN PALWORLD AND GO OMG! AND MESSAGE ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND POST IT ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA!
Happy Lets Go GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

Top Bottom