• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 debuts as the biggest Sony PC published game on Steam based on the number of concurrent users

Kikorin

I want to buy it, but I'm trying to resist since I've tons of already bought games on my backlog. But I've seen gameplay videos and looks awesome.

tommycronin

Banned
Some are taking this stuff hard
Ernmf3h.jpg

Perrott

Gold Member
Wow, look at how there's been way over a million items released on Steam in between the time Helldivers II got its AppID granted versus when TLOU Part I (released March 2023) or R&C: Rift Apart (released July 2023) got theirs.

This game has surely been in development for longer than even Suicide Squad.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Connection issues.

Already climbing.

Not just connection issues although those are probably the most obvious, there's also compatability issues so some PC's can't run the game without changing the exe launch settings to run in Windows 8 Compatability mode and granting admin rights (sadly not everyone on PC are tech savvy enough to even do this basic leg work, not that they should have to)

There's also the fact it uses Kernal 0 anti cheat, which is ALWAYS unpopular, especially the one they went for, its quite literally the worst anti cheat on the market, coincidentally its also the cheapest which is why its normally only found on terrible dated unpopular Korean MMO's.

But I suspect it will climb when a majority of these are sorted.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I’m diggin it. Minus some performance issues on my aging pc (built in 2016) I’ve had a solid experience.

It’s a really good game!

I don’t like premium pass though. Some of the weapons seem better than what I can acquire with the normal pass.

I got the explosive rifle and the magnum from the premium pass, and I found iv switched to the free passes battle rifle and SMG pistol from its second tier.

There the same but different, I think if the explosive rounds detonated on carapace, your right ir would strait up be better, but it just bounces like any other low pen weapon. The other guns are way to expensive for me to get too right now, but iv got a sneaking suspicion they will have a similair issue with the free pass equivalents.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly.

This is the type of GaaS you should be celebrating. Studio that is small, built for making GaaS games, and you are not shoe horning GaaS into teams that don't do them

The more these stories become a success, the less focus Sony will try and impart on their bigger studios

This is the type of GaaS you should be celebrating. Studio that is small, built for making GaaS games, and you are not shoe horning GaaS into teams that don't do them

The more these stories become a success, the less focus Sony will try and impart on their bigger studios
Most of Sony's gaas efforts are by smaller studios(London, Firewalk, Haven, Arrowhead). The only single player focused studio making a gaas is Guerilla. I'm actually more excited for their gaas game than Horizon 3. Sony has already seemingly pivoted their gaas strategy, including a cancelled Insomniac gaas game

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
There are 82,000 on the leaderboards.

Not great for a game that probably cost $200 million or more.

Most of Sony's gaas efforts are by smaller studios(London, Firewalk, Haven, Arrowhead). The only single player focused studio making a gaas is Guerilla. I'm actually more excited for their gaas game than Horizon 3. Sony has already seemingly pivoted their gaas strategy, including a cancelled Insomniac gaas game

What GAAS game is Guerilla making?

Not great for a game that probably cost $200 million or more.

What GAAS game is Guerilla making?
Horizon meets Monster hunter type game. I actually think it could be good. More excited for that than Horizon 3. Hopefully they improve the gameplay loop because it's terrible in those games

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Horizon meets Monster hunter type game. I actually think it could be good. More excited for that than Horizon 3. Hopefully they improve the gameplay loop because it's terrible in those games

I thought Sony started paying a Korean company to make that game though.

Top Bottom