• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello, Hello: U2 Goes on Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarneyBP

I know I'm a day early but the venues and dates are going to be announced for the U2 tour tommorrow and I wanted to get this ball rolling to see if anyone else has plans.

I'm participating in the pre sale on Tuesday morning and since I've never been to a U2 show before I'm not really sure which ticket option to take. General Admission seems the safest bet but I don't want to be stuck at the end of the floor and unable to see anything. Anyone that can shed some light on this from the Elevation tour would be appreciated.

Anyone else planning on going? Haters stay away :)

I'll update with the venue list tommorrow morning.

Mason

I'd love to see U2 on two conditions:

1) The tickets aren't outrageously priced.
2) They come somewhere near me.

However, I don't think either of my conditions will be satisfied. I'd still be interested in seeing the venue list, though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's kicking off in San Diego.

Euro dates are:

2005-06-10 - Brussels, Belgium - King Baudouin Stadium
2005-06-12 - Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Arena AufSchalke
2005-06-14 - Manchester, England - City of Manchester Stadium
2005-06-18 - London, England - Twickenham Stadium
2005-06-21 - Glasgow, Scotland - Hampden Park
2005-06-24 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park
2005-07-02 - Vienna, Austria - Ernst Happel Stadium
2005-07-05 - Katowice, Poland - Slaski Stadium
2005-07-07 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion
2005-07-09 - Paris, France - Stade de France
2005-07-11 - Zurich, Switzerland - Letzigrund Stadion
2005-07-13 - Amsterdam, Netherlands - Amsterdam ArenA
2005-07-19 - Milan, Italy - San Siro
2005-07-23 - Rome, Italy - Olympic Stadium
2005-07-27 - Oslo, Norway - Valle Hovin Stadion
2005-07-29 - Goteborg, Sweden - Ullevi Stadion
2005-07-31 - Copenhagen, Denmark - Parken Stadium
2005-08-03 - Munich, Germany - Olympiastadion
2005-08-05 - Nice, France - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann
2005-08-09 - San Sebastian, Spain - Estadio Anoeta
2005-08-11 - Madrid, Spain - Estadio Vincente Calderon
2005-08-14 - Lisbon, Portugal - Estadio Jose Alvalade

A fairly packed tour, I think. They're taking in a lot of different venues, some interesting choices there.

BarneyBP

US Dates:

March 28, 2005: San Diego, CA @ Sports Arena
Concert Details April 01, 2005: Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond
Concert Details April 05, 2005: Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
Concert Details April 09, 2005: San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion
Concert Details April 14, 2005: Phoenix, AZ @ Glendale Arena
Concert Details April 20, 2005: Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
Concert Details April 24, 2005: Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
Concert Details April 28, 2005: Vancouver, Canada @ GM Place
Concert Details May 07, 2005: Chicago, IL @ United Center
Concert Details May 09, 2005: Chicago, IL @ United Center
Concert Details May 14, 2005: Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
Concert Details May 17, 2005: E. Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
Concert Details May 18, 2005: E. Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
Concert Details May 21, 2005: New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
Concert Details May 24, 2005: Boston, MA @ Fleet Center
Concert Details May 26, 2005: Boston, MA @ Fleet Center

Source: http://www.u2tours.com/find.src?TOUR=Vertigo+Tour+-+1st+leg&Concert=&x=15&y=11

Damn, that's nowhere near me in southwest Ohio. Depression is setting in.

gblues

Banned
Hmm, it's a damn tie between Seattle and Denver (Caldwell, ID).

Look at all the corporate sponsor stadiums... y'know, you gotta wonder if the corporate sponsorship might in some cases be counterproductive.

Staples Center? Sounds cool.
Key Arena? Rock on.
Rose Garden? Purty.

But who the hell wants to go to/play at Taco Bell Arena? (the big stadium in Boise, ID)

Nathan

aparisi2274

Concert Details May 17, 2005: E. Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
Concert Details May 18, 2005: E. Rutherford, NJ @ Continental Airlines Arena
Concert Details May 21, 2005: New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Ahhh, the 17th and 18th shows are like 20mins from me, and the MSG show is about 35min. I am definately going to one of those. Plus it helps that I have a friend at the box office, so I always get good seats to the Continental Airlines concerts.

bridegur

This is just the first leg of the tour, correct? I assume they'll have more U.S. tour dates in the summer and/or fall.

dtrip

BarneyBP said:
I'm participating in the pre sale on Tuesday morning and since I've never been to a U2 show before I'm not really sure which ticket option to take. General Admission seems the safest bet but I don't want to be stuck at the end of the floor and unable to see anything. Anyone that can shed some light on this from the Elevation tour would be appreciated.

Anyone else planning on going? Haters stay away :)

I was hoping they would be coming to Minnesota in the 1st leg, but I guess I'll have to wait until the 3rd leg --Sucks because I was going to take part in the pre-sale also. Maybe I'll try to go to Chicago. :)

I'm sure they'll play in Ohio in the 3rd Leg of the tour and when they do go for the GA tickets--they'll be cheaper and you'll get a great view. I've seen U2 on every tour since the Joshua Tree tour, but the closest and best experience I had was at the Elevation tour.

I had GA tickets for the Elevation tour and was about 10 feet from the outside tip of the heart stage.

setup.jpg

I could see everything fine and the best part was when U2 played "The Fly", Bono jumped off the stage and ran right by me to the back of the floor.

The GA tickets will also be the cheapest-- they're going to be $49.50(plus applicable service fees) .

Here's what the stage is supposed to look like:

vertigotourstage.jpg

Shinobi

There's bound to be a second leg of North American tour dates. U2's pretty much a lock for Toronto (they held two shows in as many nights last time), and we're not on the first leg list.

I'm really hoping I'll be able to grab a ticket for the show, which would be a first for me. I really don't care where I'm sitting...tickets aren't gonna be cheap or easy to come by, so I'll take whatever I can get.

Pug

June 29th Cardiff - Millennium Stadium. I think I should be able to make it, along with 74,000 other people. Should quite an intimate gig.

1324895-Millennium_Stadium-Cardiff.jpg

BarneyBP

Yeah there are some key elements missing in there U2 tour, primarily the Ohio/Michigan area and Texas.

I am disappointed not to be taking part in the pre sale tommorrow.

I wonder when we can expect the third leg to be scheduled and pre sold.

dtrip

BarneyBP said:
Yeah there are some key elements missing in there U2 tour, primarily the Ohio/Michigan area and Texas.

I am disappointed not to be taking part in the pre sale tommorrow.

I wonder when we can expect the third leg to be scheduled and pre sold.

The third leg will probably start in late Sept or early Oct. I'd think ticket pre-sales would start in late August or early Sept. I'm sure they'll play Ohio, Michigan, and Texas on the 3rd leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom