• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hell's Kitchen Season Ten |OT| Will the winner actually get the stated prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'd love to see a return to a full slate of competent chefs. Seemed so odd to me that they were failing to finish services even after the merge.

yea I didn't even bother watching this season at all. The show got stale and the news about the winners not getting prize turned me off for good.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
exactly. It's quick entertainment. A good laugh.

It could really use a format refresh though.

They have been using the same old tired formula of over-hyping promos, casting morons, and chef yelling inane bullshit for way to long.

It could really use a format refresh though.

They have been using the same old tired formula of over-hyping promos, casting morons, and chef yelling inane bullshit for way to long.
what can they do though. They should make them fight to the death. Season long real life gladiator.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Fox definitely has it in their heads what people like about this show. The moment I assume they're wrong, I realize how I pretty much tune in every season like a goddamn zombie.

but that's why people watch the show. I bet if they did that viewership would go down. It's cheesy entertainment.

Eh, you guys are probably right.

The more about 'cooking' part is exactly what masterchef is for I suppose.

.GqueB.

Banned
This season, I've finally taken note of why I watch this terrible show. For some bizarre reason, I watch to be annoyed. I remember last season with that one horrid girl that lasted almost until the end. She was truly truly horrid. Didn't take responsibility for any of her fuck ups, blamed everyone else. Then when she got axed I stopped watching the season entirely. This season it was Robin and Dana with her yell talking. The most fascinating part of these two episodes was how oblivious Clemenza was to his own incompetence and his salt about getting picked last. It was so amazing to watch. I don't really root for people to win, I hope for them to lose. I don't even watch to see Chef yell anymore because that's become so formulaic.

DANA!!! *cue super scary music*
That was delicious.

But on shows like Chopped and Top chef, I like to see people succeed and I enjoy watching them create food. I watch it in a completely different way.

Grinchy

Banned
what can they do though. They should make them fight to the death. Season long real life gladiator.

What always amazes me is when the contestants are surprised by the "twists." It's the same fucking twists every season. Unless they're told to act surprised for TV...

benjipwns

Banned
It used to (first two or three seasons) feel more like they were actually being put through some kind of hell, the challenges seemed harder, the services did. The infighting was because of the pressure instead of something that existed above and beyond the actual contest.

That's even with the first season being so laid back in terms of production and even Ramsay himself. Seems like almost every episode from that is on YouTube if you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdQfL2NOFHg (first part of first episode)
This feller has a bunch: http://www.youtube.com/user/pandaya
The one UK series with Marco Pierre White and the "celebrities" didn't have separate teams, they were all on one from the start.
Fox definitely has it in their heads what people like about this show. The moment I assume they're wrong, I realize how I pretty much tune in every season like a goddamn zombie.
It's cheap to make and has some of the better reality show ratings last I knew. No reason to change it up too much.

Maybe Ramsay will get bored and since he apparently owns a third of FOX now, he'd probably get some say to make changes if the ratings drop.

IceCold

It used to (first two or three seasons) feel more like they were actually being put through some kind of hell, the challenges seemed harder, the services did. The infighting was because of the pressure instead of something that existed above and beyond the actual contest.

That's even with the first season being so laid back in terms of production and even Ramsay himself. Seems like almost every episode from that is on YouTube if you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdQfL2NOFHg (first part of first episode)
This feller has a bunch: http://www.youtube.com/user/pandaya

The one UK series with Marco Pierre White and the "celebrities" didn't have separate teams, they were all on one from the start.

It's cheap to make and has some of the better reality show ratings last I knew. No reason to change it up too much.

Maybe Ramsay will get bored and since he apparently owns a third of FOX now, he'd probably get some say to make changes if the ratings drop.

It's crazy how different the tone of the show was in Season 1.

Sorry for the late bump, but I finally was able to watch the final episode. Glad I picked Christina to win! You can always tell when someone is going to win though, the episode focuses on them. The last episode for this season had a ton of face time for Justin, so I was fairly certain it would be Christina.

Still, this season I was irritated with a few of the choices that went home early.

Grinchy

Banned
Sorry for the late bump, but I finally was able to watch the final episode. Glad I picked Christina to win! You can always tell when someone is going to win though, the episode focuses on them. The last episode for this season had a ton of face time for Justin, so I was fairly certain it would be Christina.

Still, this season I was irritated with a few of the choices that went home early.
Yeah you can tell they know who won't win and who is good for drama early on. It doesn't always seem to be a fair competition.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
once again i disagree with who won. Liked Justin better than Christina.
The moment Chef said Christina's menu was simple, i turned to my GF and said, shes going to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom