• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

help! how do I play Quake3 on DC with BBA

GigaDrive

Banned
as many Dreamcast gamers know, you can still play some games online. Quake 3 with the Broadband Adaptor is meant to be easy to set up. how do i do it though? i was told to just connect as normal with the BBA. but when it scans the internet, all i get is 'no response from master sever' ....well, duh, i know the master server is down. what do i do, do i have to set the subnet mask to something? do i have to put in the DNS number of the server i'm trying to reach. (obviously i am a total n00b to this stuff if i have to ask these questions, go easy on me).... thanks.. <very embarrased>

dream

If there's no response from the master server I'm guessing the master server is down. I remember Sega mentioning something about cross-platform compatibility between the PC and DC versions of Q3A but I also it never happening.

Yusaku

I don't really understand why you'd even want to play it on your DC, since even really crappy computers can play Q3A like a champ now.

Top Bottom