• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Help I feel violated by Microsoft

Oppoi

abd83591c05dea17263ab3561c9f767c.jpeg
Should be Eneloop batteries, they're the evangelists natural favourite pitch after they sell the Xbox Controller.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Forspoken, SM2, Ratchet, etc. aren't good, IMO. Someone has a different opinion than you. That's pretty standard when you're not in an echo chamber.
I see. So, they only have those 4 games as exclusives. Got it. And you don't have to be in an echo chamber to appreciate the games they've put out.

So, like I said, you're full of nonsense.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

I see. So, they only have those 4 games as exclusives. Got it. And you don't have to be in an echo chamber to appreciate the games they've put out.

So, like I said, you're full of nonsense.

So the barrier is you don't know what "etc." means? Elementary school abbreviation, bud. I don't have to list the entire catalog of content not worth playing to get the point across if I'm talking to a literate adult.

Last edited:
I must admit I do find it funny that the end result of the innumerable Xbox fans cheering on the Acti-Blizz acquisition and consolidation in general for the best part of TWO fucking years is a great big fuck you from MS, as that being successful was effectively the end of their console business and maybe even Xbox as a brand (I think it will be phased out, replaced with 'Gamepass').

Think about it, had the Acti-Blizz acquisition been rightfully blocked, there would be no $70BN spend from MS and thus almost no scrutiny from the shareholders and Satya on the state of Xbox and its decline, and gamer Phil would have been free to run the division into the ground for a few more years at least with the strategy of releasing Xbox exclusive games that no-one buys.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Lots of smoke for there not to be any fire. At the very least things are changing. Maybe not as much as has been said but things are changing for sure.

I expect him to give a non answer tbh.

Yeah....pretty much. Either he comes out and shoots this stuff down or yeah, he just says a lot of nothing.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
So the barrier is you don't know how "etc." means? Elementary school abbreviation, bud. I don't have to list the entire catalog of content not worth playing to get the point across if I'm talking to a literate adult.
Bud, come up with something other than "because I said so". If they're not worth playing, explain why.

You're assuming Nintendo is any kind of direct competition to PlayStation now. They are very different businesses. SEGA and Nintendo were much more similar in the past compared to Sony and Nintendo now.
Yep, Nintendo dropping the ball two gens in a row (N64 and GC) threw them out of the console race. Sony and Nintendo have a very mutualistic relationship now. Most people see their consoles as companion hardware now.

Sethbacca

I said it yesterday and Ill say it again...people better get used two nintendo and sony only future. and they wont be competing with eachother so.....sony can set their next gen terms unchallenged (price, specs). Totally bracing for that 6-700 PS6! I got no choice anyway. none of us will. unless you want an unpowered switch 2 that will only play a fraction of what 3rd parties put on PS.

PS will be the high performance, default console you buy. and its not like there is an alternative, so we just gotta go with the flow. and nintendo fans will buy whatever nintendo puts out. the end.
If the Series S proved anything, it's that a cheap console with "good enough" performance is enough for many people. So for multi platform games many people will default to Nintendo as the cheaper console. Sony still has to make consoles at an appealing price point to try to capture the people in the middle ground and I think it's hyperbolic to assert otherwise.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
So this is 100% a literacy issue on your end.

To me, they're not good games. They're boring. As stated in my original post.
Literacy? What I quoted didn't mention "boring" Jr. I thought you'd actually elaborate since you continue to reply. :)

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Literacy? What I quoted didn't mention "boring". Regardless, I thought you'd actually have something else to go on since you continue to reply. :)

I stated they weren't good, my opinion, then you got your panties in a bunch and wanted me to write a detailed explanation on each game and why I don't like it. Kind of weird.

RickMasters

I like Xbox, even if everything is multiplatform I will keep buying their shit. I am getting old and I come to peace, that I simply prefer certain things. Hell I bought Xbox One after PS4, maybe just through this very reason. But maybe I just really like Forza Horizon. Moreover, I mostly playing multiplatforms anyway and I like their services like GP and Xcloud. Not to say I don't like what is Sony is doing, from the programming standpoint, I actually vastly prefer Playstation. I just hate the typical MS boilerplate, which people know and love/hate from their .net framework. Granted they are doing some cool shit now with RUST, which I think needs to come standard.

Granted if they drop out, I hope someone steps in, because having one console, is just sad. Obviously I don't count that shitty Japanese toy maker.

I hope its going to be nVidia, I hate to change colors.

Mild hyperbole on my part
Yeah im just gonna ride it out till the end to be honest. I still prefer Xbox and as long its there Ill choose it over a playstation. but it will be harder to choose them over a playstation when I can have xbox and PS games on one system. plus I hate the PS pads. always hated the sticks and the buttons.

at my age I dont have time for multiple consoles. I choose what works best for me, and I expect to see some value in it. and had they not been entrataining all this multiformat shit I would have gladly stayed the course.....I cant say that as of right now.... not anymore.

Somethings about xbox that just goes beyond exclusives for me...Its the place where I met my actual gamer friends who played something other than fifa all the time. Xbox was what we hook into after working hours...talk shit....drive around on forza horizon and not actually doing any races...just talking shit about life and having fun. same with sea of theives. we love that a s a chillax and talk shit with freinds type of game. xbox is our home for that...really gonna hate to see that go away because its something we just wont feel the same about on another platform. this one was home to us since the x360 days...rainbow six vegas and gears......that amazing 2007 where I has the beta key for halo 3 off the back of crackdown (I used to throw my freinds in the river in Co op then throw cars and rockets at them as they tried to escape the water...i was such a cunt on that game ) and telling my freinds that H3 and COD (had the beta for that one too) was gonna all we would want to play for the next 12 months... halo 3big team battle was amazing. especially on sandtrap...it still is to this day!....They would spam with game and party invites to jump on COD4 when really I was appearing offline doing my second playthrough in mass effect on the engineer class....and I always would save and quit! My squad needs my skills! I would not play mp games with anybody other than my guys. we are basically a tightknit bunch and xbox was our base. I dont want MS to takke that away from me and mine. we all spent too much money on xbox over the last two decades. They owe us better than what they are doing right now. and they deserve every last ounce of vitriol that xbox gamers throw their way today. all the lies and false promises. nah.....they have done damage to their own community. which is probably the nastiest thing about all of this.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I stated they weren't good, my opinion, then you got your panties in a bunch and wanted me to write a detailed explanation on each game and why I don't like it. Kind of weird.
Panties in bunch while you continue to reply. I called your opinion total nonsense and you've gone off on tangents since (all while lying, too). You only called it boring after the fact and just repeated that "the only good game is God of War".

But, sure, keep doubling down. I have time.

Last edited:

RickMasters

If the Series S proved anything, it's that a cheap console with "good enough" performance is enough for many people. So for multi platform games many people will default to Nintendo as the cheaper console. Sony still has to make consoles at an appealing price point to try to capture the people in the middle ground and I think it's hyperbolic to assert otherwise.
they will have less motivation to shoot for the sky with specs, thats for sure. lets see how it goes though.....

reinking

Gold Member
Lots of smoke for there not to be any fire. At the very least things are changing. Maybe not as much as has been said but things are changing for sure.

I expect him to give a non answer tbh.
The smoke is coming from the usual Xbox suspects. That is what makes me think this is happening. It looked to me like sone of them were sitting on information and then the floodgates opened when MS did not respond.

Mortisfacio

Panties in bunch while you continue to reply. I called your opinion total nonsense and you've gone off on tangents since.

Keep doubling down, though. I have time.

Ahh the ol "I know I keep replying to you because I'm upset your opinion is different than mine, but actually you're the one upset because you replied to my reply! HA!"

No wonder you enjoy the "other" games that suck. You've got the mind of a child that already displayed literacy issues.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Ahh the ol "I know I keep replying to you because I'm upset your opinion is different than mine, but actually you're the one upset because you replied to my reply! HA!"

No wonder you enjoy the "other" games that suck. You've got the mind of a child that already displayed literacy issues.
My friend, you lied about what you said, got called on it, and continue to Speedy Gonzalez yourself into the Idiot Wall.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

My friend, you lied about what you said, got called on it, and continue to Speedy Gonzalez yourself into the Idiot Wall.

It is what it is.

You do know that not liking a game that you like isn't a lie, right? It's an opinion. Not an objective truth. You're unhinged. It's OK that I have different gaming tastes than you. You'll survive.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
You do know that not liking a game that you like isn't a lie, right? It's an opinion. Not an objective truth. You're unhinged. It's OK that I have different gaming tastes than you. You'll survive.
Why reply to someone who is unhinged, then? What does that make you? :p

Sure, you gave an opinion. I gave mine. Life goes on.

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

Yeah im just gonna ride it out till the end to be honest. I still prefer Xbox and as long its there Ill choose it over a playstation. but it will be harder to choose them over a playstation when I can have xbox and PS games on one system. plus I hate the PS pads. always hated the sticks and the buttons.

at my age I dont have time for multiple consoles. I choose what works best for me, and I expect to see some value in it. and had they not been entrataining all this multiformat shit I would have gladly stayed the course.....I cant say that as of right now.... not anymore.

Somethings about xbox that just goes beyond exclusives for me...Its the place where I met my actual gamer friends who played something other than fifa all the time. Xbox was what we hook into after working hours...talk shit....drive around on forza horizon and not actually doing any races...just talking shit about life and having fun. same with sea of theives. we love that a s a chillax and talk shit with freinds type of game. xbox is our home for that...really gonna hate to see that go away because its something we just wont feel the same about on another platform. this one was home to us since the x360 days...rainbow six vegas and gears......that amazing 2007 where I has the beta key for halo 3 off the back of crackdown (I used to throw my freinds in the river in Co op then throw cars and rockets at them as they tried to escape the water...i was such a cunt on that game ) and telling my freinds that H3 and COD (had the beta for that one too) was gonna all we would want to play for the next 12 months... halo 3big team battle was amazing. especially on sandtrap...it still is to this day!....They would spam with game and party invites to jump on COD4 when really I was appearing offline doing my second playthrough in mass effect on the engineer class....and I always would save and quit! My squad needs my skills! I would not play mp games with anybody other than my guys. we are basically a tightknit bunch and xbox was our base. I dont want MS to takke that away from me and mine. we all spent too much money on xbox over the last two decades. They owe us better than what they are doing right now. and they deserve every last ounce of vitriol that xbox gamers throw their way today. all the lies and false promises. nah.....they have done damage to their own community. which is probably the nastiest thing about all of this.
This perfectly explains why I like Xbox, lots of variety of games for different things you might be going through/ wanting to experience at that time (chill on grounded, sea of thieves, kill shit in halo etc, drive around in Forza) if you know what I mean.

I love the graphics and the budgets of Sony’s first party, there amazing. But I don’t actually enjoy playing the majority of them.

(I do have a PS4 so I can still play gravity rush, shadow of the colossus, god of war 3 remake etc)

These days I’ll just wait until they come out on pc.

I’m all for Xbox going to PlayStation if it means the money is reinvested into more 1st party games and experiences.

Potential sequels for killer instinct, Hifi rush etc if they sell well over all systems released on.

SNG32

I mean you can always pretend like these rumours didn’t happen and still play on your Xbox console. It’s not like they said they won’t be releasing games on it. Just PlayStation is getting some games.

Embearded

Maybe wait until it's official.

If it is official, MS going third party will not solve their problem. They are in this position today because of their strategy and their focus on services instead of delivering great and innovative games.
I said it before and i'll say it again, buying successful publishers only to change their policies to match Microsofts is wrong.

NickFire

Maybe wait until it's official.

If it is official, MS going third party will not solve their problem. They are in this position today because of their strategy and their focus on services instead of delivering great and innovative games.
I said it before and i'll say it again, buying successful publishers only to change their policies to match Microsofts is wrong.
I think you have it backwards. Doesn't it look more like they bought successful publishers and changed MS policies to match the new acquisition's policies?

Majormaxxx

As someone who owns 5 Microsoft consoles.... Dude chill out lol. Find another hobby if it raises your BP so much lol.

I personally like biking.

Also.... Druckmaaaaaaan! You did this, you sonafagun!

Top Bottom