• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HENKaku -- Vita Homebrew and more comes to all 3.60 Vitas

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there any risk of getting banned when spoofing?

Yes. But it's so minimal it's not worth bothering worrying about.

This has always been the trade off it you go this route (keeping at a lower firmware): Sticking with an outdated firmware, not having PSN access and when you do possibly risking a ban.

Either it's worth it for you or it isn't.

ephemeral

Yes. But it's so minimal it's not worth bothering worrying about.

This has always been the trade off it you go this route (keeping at a lower firmware): Sticking with an outdated firmware, not having PSN access and when you do possibly risking a ban.

Either it's worth it for you or it isn't.
Thanks for the reply.
All I want is to download Castlevania for the PSP for my PS TV, but since I have quite a lot of games on my account I dunno if it's worth it, even though the risk is minimal it's still there.

Kilau

Gold Member
I believe so, but you can't use games that have been downloaded directly off of PSN. They need to have been "dumped" in a particular way, then reinstalled.

Don't ask me about how to dump or install anything though, I haven't bothered looking into it.

Oh dang, I only have my PSN games. Namely I just downloaded Lego LOTR and it has some awful frame rates.

I don't want to deal with dumping games, thanks for the answer.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Weird, I tried reinstalling Hen then going on the store, but it still forces me to update. Is there another step to get the spoof to work?

Lime

Weird, I tried reinstalling Hen then going on the store, but it still forces me to update. Is there another step to get the spoof to work?

Have you set it to 3.63 spoofing?
Have you remembered to restart and reinstall henkaku in case the problems persists ?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Have you set it to 3.63 spoofing?
Have you remembered to restart and reinstall henkaku in case the problems persists ?
I didn't know you had to go to the shell to change that, thanks.

I also see that the netcheck bypass plugin conflicts with using the store, so I had to disable that before it would connect.

ephemeral

It seems like everyone is spoofing? Maybe I should give it a try too then. Have anyone heard of someone getting banned, and if so, how many? I wouldn't use it to play online if that makes a difference.

sneas78

Banned
I don't know guys and gals.. my PS3 back in the day had cfw.. my whole account got banned lost $2000 + dollars. I don't see how this is different. But as of yet I have not been banned.. however I have since then $ thousands of dollars invested.. so I'm being carious but at the end of the day.. I'm on henkaku and still again the possibility is there for an bann.

ephemeral

I don't know guys and gals.. my PS3 back in the day had cfw.. my whole account got banned lost $2000 + dollars. I don't see how this is different. But as of yet I have not been banned.. however I have since then $ thousands of dollars invested.. so I'm being carious but at the end of the day.. I'm on henkaku and still again the possibility is there for an bann.
Very sorry to hear that. As long as we don't spoof there's no risk of getting banned, right?

I wonder if maybe now is finally the time to update my 3.18 TN-V Vita to 3.60 Henkaku, and then maybe move my newer 3.60 Henkaku Vita to 3.63/ARK. I know the risks of moving to 3.63, but not what I lose from moving from 3.18 to 3.60 on my older Vita.

horkrux

Well, the PS3 was way more popular obviously. There was a real threat of people cheating and ruining Sony's main online communities.
I would actually take offence if Sony decided to ban us Henkaku people, that's how niche this thing is.

The PS3 was a total fiasco for Sony since it only had 2 good layers of security (the outer one and the very inner one) , hacked PS3s through could use the debug network and download games without money. Not to mention the egg on their face after trumpeting their security. The PS4 was still a fair way off too and they were still stinging from the PSP having been totally compromised for its entire lifetime.

The Vita on the other hand is already dead (I can't even remember the last exclusive Sony title).

butman

I'm planning to buy a new Vita 2000. It's possible to know beforehand which firmware version will bring out the box? I'm risking that it will be 3.61 or newer?

Skyzard

Banned
Pretty nice, set up the offline henkaku finally. Also tried out moonlight after giving it a go on other devices. Not bad! May want to drop the bitrate settings from 10000 though.

dngcujq.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
I made sure to disable spoofing in molecular shell. Not sure why it's on by default tbh.

Thankfully I only use henkaku with emulators/homebrew apps and only on my second vita which I don't use to connect to PSN.

Will be mega unhappy if I lose access to all my purchased games but it sounds like that guy got banned after synching trophies for games he hasn't purchased while spoofing his firmware.

data

I really hope that person got banned because of dumped games. I can't even imagine how fucking depressed I'd be if I got banned.

Shaneus

Bought a Vita, updated to get on PSN store, then looked on Gaf for emulator info. Guess I fucked up.
As a rule for basically any device, you don't update until you check out any news regarding exploits etc. Like trying to jailbreak an iPhone on the latest iOS, the chances would be infinitesimally small.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Before I start thinking seriously about buying a flash drive for my PSTV, does Adrenaline support it? If not I won't bother.

Kilau

Gold Member
I really hope that person got banned because of dumped games. I can't even imagine how fucking depressed I'd be if I got banned.

Sony didn't seem to care last time we could access PSN and were minding our own business. This person probably got banned for some other reason or because they synced a bunch of download only games to their account through trophies and had no matching purchase history.

RalchAC

PSN spoofing again is great, I'll give severed a try.

And I just found out 4.81 PS3 can have CFW installed. It seems I'll be able to play the Tales of Vesperia fan translation this summer.

Awesome.

KLoWNM

Neo Member
Anyone know how to get Berserk and the band of hawk working? I got the spoof to 3.63 but I get this error c1-6703-6

hotsoup

PSN spoofing only allows you to access PSN (store, sync trophies etc). It does not allow you to play games that require firmware 3.61 and above (i.e. games released Oct 2016 and beyond).

EGM92

I thought with the hacked vita I can play normal and hacked games guess not
You can. You just can't play anything that requires a firmware above 3.60. Maybe do some research before modding something? You can always just restart your vita and update to 3.63 and play everything that's been released since Nov you'll just lose the ability to play back ups and homebrew.

mattiewheels

I'm trying to figure out how to get emulators to read my USB drive...Retroarch couldn't detect the drive so I just installed the emus directly on the drive, and now it just crashes upon trying to access anything in the emu.

Hey guys, has anyone here had any issues using the spoofer? I was thinking of getting Muramasa since it's on sale and wanted to make sure it's safe (or as safe as it gets really).

Skyzard

Banned
^ someone mentioned getting banned dude.

Okay this is getting me a little nervous now. As usual, be careful everyone!

Impressive ! What is your setting/hardware ?

PC 980ti 4.4ghz i7 4770K

Max settings in-game 1440p

On vita I was using 6mbps for the bitrate

PC plugged in via Ethernet to a separate router just for streaming!

Just got my PS4 controller and mount today, also using moonlight:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Pretty nice, set up the offline henkaku finally. Also tried out moonlight after giving it a go on other devices. Not bad! May want to drop the bitrate settings from 10000 though.

What's the name of the second game? Is it Zelda BOTW?

Top Bottom