Here you go: Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2004
31
0
0
#1
GET OUTTA MY WAY!

Well here we are, first on top of the news as always, and Gaming Age Forums tells it like it is. I got Xenogears 2 yesterday after work, and after a few hours of playing I'm ready to tell you, all my friends and even some coworkers, what I think of this Playstation 2 episode.

First thing's first, you do not need to know any foreign languages to play this. I do not include Japanese because if you're playing it, you probably know Japanese already. There's a secret to the title, but I won't tell you, because then who knows, maybe it won't come true.

EL BREAKDOWN:

GRAPHICS: They call it the "Land of the Rising Sun" for a reason: when it rises, they're hard at work, and Namco has worked its tail off making this game so beautiful. I don't know what they do to make graphics this lifelike, but if we could use it in modern movies I'd like to see it. Characters will smile and laugh when appropriate, and you might laugh, too. It's funny sometimes.

AUDIO: The guys (and girls) at Namco are what I call Modern Day Mozarts. Sound so good it should be illegal (but not here in California). I turned my speakers up really loudly just so it'd hit my ears a little harder. The clangs of the weapons and rata-tata-tata scared me half to death. Check your fears at the door.

STORY: I will say this first off: I like watching cutscenes. OK there you go, you can make fun of me now. There are a lot in this game, but I have stayed glued to the television morning noon and night watching this thing, and for some reason I can't say no. Last night I missed my favorite TV shows. You know why? I spent all night watching this. And although I will not spoil there story, let me say... what you thought you knew, well it isn't true anymore. The true enemy is yet to come.

GAMEPLAY: I can do this! Sometimes when I get RPGs I'm a little overwhelmed by the complexities of it all, but this one is OK for me. I really feel accomplished now with my characters, and KOS-MOS and all that can beat up on even the worst enemies. Look out, cause here I come.

Overall I must say that this is a game for the ages. Something for everybody is here, and you won't be left out. It's very fun so far, but if you don't know Japanese (or have a Japanese cousin like I do) then you might have to leave this one out in the rain.

Until then, goodbye and happy day.
 

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff member
May 30, 2004
20,661
6,432
1,450
#2
Anyone could've written this after reading up on Xenosaga Episode 1 for 5 minutes, then doing a google search for the title of Episode 2.
 
Jun 8, 2004
31
0
0
#3
EviLore said:
Anyone could've written this after reading up on Xenosaga Episode 1 for 5 minutes, then doing a google search for the title of Episode 2.
I do not appreciate this. Please do not troll in this thread if you dislike Xenosaga. Thank you.
 

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jun 9, 2004
51,484
1,172
1,515
www.eurogamer.net
#6
What...the?

I was going to respond to some of those points (ie - assuming the music was composed by Namco)...but I don't even know WHAT to think.

Actually, I can't wait to see what other posts this guy might make. Funny stuff!
 
Jun 7, 2004
4,922
0
0
#7
I think what he means is, there's NOTHING in your post that stands differentiates between the two games. Your preview/review/whatever is VERY broad and, if not for the fact you told us you were playing Ep. II, could easily be mistaken for Ep. I. Hell, take out the KOS-MOS reference, and it'll look like any Japanese RPG out there!
 

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jun 9, 2004
51,484
1,172
1,515
www.eurogamer.net
#9
Ah ha ha ha!!

Another one of his fantastic posts...

OKAY here's how this works. You tell me what your favorite game is and I give it EL BEATDOWN and make you sorry that you like it at all. You might end up selling it or better, smashing it. I will have done my job.
 
Jun 8, 2004
31
0
0
#10
Damn guys. I write impressions for a new game and you the first thing you guys do is tear into me. Well if this is what goes on here, maybe I won't write anything more. See how you guys like that.

And for what you said, I have trouble expressing myself sometimes, so whenever I DO write stuff that says how I feel, well I'm proud of it no matter what you guys get out of it. I can say how I feel, and slowly I'm learning how to do that better.
 

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff member
May 30, 2004
20,661
6,432
1,450
#13
I do not appreciate this. Please do not troll in this thread if you dislike Xenosaga. Thank you
Where did I state implicitly or explicitly that I disliked Xenosaga, first of all?* You either have an unusually poor ability in detailing your impressions, or you haven't played the game at all and are searching for some idle praise on a gaming forum for your "scoop."

Either way this thread doesn't shine favorably upon you, especially with your comment above.



* I dislike Xenosaga.
 

Slo

Member
Jun 7, 2004
22,360
0
1,345
#14
Big Bad Ramy said:
And for what you said, I have trouble expressing myself sometimes, so whenever I DO write stuff that says how I feel, well I'm proud of it no matter what you guys get out of it. I can say how I feel, and slowly I'm learning how to do that better.

 
Jun 8, 2004
31
0
0
#15
EviLore said:
Where did I state implicitly or explicitly that I disliked Xenosaga, first of all?* You either have an unusually poor ability in detailing your impressions, or you haven't played the game at all and are searching for some idle praise on a gaming forum for your "scoop."

Either way this thread doesn't shine favorably upon you, especially with your comment above.



* I dislike Xenosaga.
I already told you that I'm not good at expressing myself. I do exercises like these to help me become more open with my feelings, and to me they're doing a good job. I guess nobody likes them, though...
 
Jun 7, 2004
30,398
1
0
37
Orange County, CA
#17
Big Bad Ramy said:
and after a few hours of playing... and KOS-MOS and all that can beat up on even the worst enemies. Look out, cause here I come.
I hate to reply to what is probably just troll-bait, but to falsify his post I'll say that you don't get to even control KOS-MOS until about 5-6 hours in.
 
V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
#19
Tip for you Ramy:

Grow a thicker skin, or better yet "grow a pair..." - you'll need it/them if you intend on learning to "express yourself" here :)

Over-reactions tend to be met with over-reactions, and spiral until someone usually gets banned. and we admins don't tend to ban each other, so over-reacting to an admin is usually unwise :p


Freeburn.
 

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jun 7, 2004
51,830
3
0
41
Tokyo, Japan
www.acemixes.com
#20
Big Bad Ramy said:
I already told you that I'm not good at expressing myself. I do exercises like these to help me become more open with my feelings, and to me they're doing a good job. I guess nobody likes them, though...

hmmm that is all I can say....
 
Jun 8, 2004
31
0
0
#24
Freeburn said:
Tip for you Ramy:

Grow a thicker skin, or better yet "grow a pair..." - you'll need it/them if you intend on learning to "express yourself" here :)

Over-reactions tend to be met with over-reactions, and spiral until someone usually gets banned. and we admins don't tend to ban each other, so over-reacting to an admin is usually unwise :p


Freeburn.
That is very good advice, and thanks for not being a damn jerk.
 
Jun 8, 2004
31
0
0
#30
dark10x said:
How much money do you have right now? How many discs does it ship on? Which characters are in the intro? What does the stock meter do?
Think he's got around 600,000, ships on TWO DVDs, and I think Shion, KOS MOS, Junior, Jim, plus some other people I haven't gotten to. And STOCK is your three bar meter, used for techs, also it's a command to fill the stock.
 

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jun 9, 2004
51,484
1,172
1,515
www.eurogamer.net
#32
Big Bad Ramy said:
Think he's got around 600,000, ships on TWO DVDs, and I think Shion, KOS MOS, Junior, Jim, plus some other people I haven't gotten to. And STOCK is your three bar meter, used for techs, also it's a command to fill the stock.
Eep, I wish you wouldn't have fallen into that...

There is no money in the game. None. The only way to get items is to defeat enemies.

None of those characters are apart of the intro. Only Chaos and Canaan appear right away.

Could you be honest and explain why you were incorrect? If you just began playing it, I'd assume that you wouldn't forget those things. Heck, the removal of shops and money was a BIG deal and isn't something you'd just "forget". Where did that number come from?
 

Slo

Member
Jun 7, 2004
22,360
0
1,345
#34
dark10x said:
Eep, I wish you wouldn't have fallen into that...

There is no money in the game. None. The only way to get items is to defeat enemies.

None of those characters are apart of the intro. Only Chaos and Canaan appear right away.

Could you be honest and explain why you were incorrect? If you just began playing it, I'd assume that you wouldn't forget those things. Heck, the removal of shops and money was a BIG deal and isn't something you'd just "forget". Where did that number come from?
/thread
 
Jun 8, 2004
31
0
0
#35
dark10x said:
Eep, I wish you wouldn't have fallen into that...

There is no money in the game. None. The only way to get items is to defeat enemies.

None of those characters are apart of the intro. Only Chaos and Canaan appear right away.

Could you be honest and explain why you were incorrect? If you just began playing it, I'd assume that you wouldn't forget those things. Heck, the removal of shops and money was a BIG deal and isn't something you'd just "forget". Where did that number come from?
The hell are you talking about? Get out of my thread.
 

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jun 9, 2004
51,484
1,172
1,515
www.eurogamer.net
#36
Big Bad Ramy said:
The hell are you talking about? Get out of my thread.
So what are you saying? That your copy of Xenosaga II just happens to have a money system?

Oh, and if you don't mind, could you please upload your version of the intro? I really want to see that!

Thanks in advance! :)
 
Jun 8, 2004
31
0
0
#38
dark10x said:
So what are you saying? That your copy of Xenosaga II just happens to have a money system?

Oh, and if you don't mind, could you please upload your version of the intro? I really want to see that!

Thanks in advance! :)
No, I'm saying you have it out for me and are trying to make people think I'm lying when it's YOU who's lying. Read up, you've been wanting to take me out ever since this thread began. Why you would do something like this, I don't know, but please stop it.
 

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jun 9, 2004
51,484
1,172
1,515
www.eurogamer.net
#42
Big Bad Ramy said:
No, I'm saying you have it out for me and are trying to make people think I'm lying when it's YOU who's lying. Read up, you've been wanting to take me out ever since this thread began. Why you would do something like this, I don't know, but please stop it.
So there really IS money in your copy? Interesting...

ところで、お前の”いとこ”がこれを読むことができたら。。。ほんやくしてくれ!
 
V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
#43
Big Bad Ramy said:
The hell are you talking about? Get out of my thread.
Bah, Better yet, Get out of our forum...

So much for me being the nice guy, it just don't work ;)


Freeburn.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.