• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes - new game from Suda 51 (trailer)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
In case anyone is curious, it's the same trailer we saw 2 months ago...but with new music (crappier music)

Actually it may be different, but it looks very similiar to the old trailer

Same voice work? When was this released?

I'm currently downloading at 8.7kb/s, which is kind of a high for Gamevideos.com today.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The music in the old trailer is tons better. The new music doesn't seem to fit with the trailer

rod furlong said:
it's available at the same res on gv (but free)

Gamevideos.com doesn't count as a site. You need to offer downloads at a speed higher than 20kb/s :)

I don't dislike the new music, but I dislike it being used here. Hopefully both pieces will end up in the game.

JDSN

Banned
The new music is not as great.

The good thing is that they are still showing new trailers, I hope they show RE:Wii soon.

gudfaren3vb1.jpg

Just when my hopes go up, they bring them back down again

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
YES!!! I've been waiting all week for this!!
(As you can see, I think i've had like, 30 posts on the subject)

... wait, this is the same as the old one? booo

... wait, new music and great visual quality?
Fine by me! The leaked video quailty sucked.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Beautiful.

However, yea, the voice work kinda sucks... Killer7 had some of *THE BEST* voice cast and acting I've heard in games, so hopefully... this was just recorded for the trailer, and we can get some real talent back for the final release.

Who voiced Emir? He was fantastic.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
John Harker said:
YES!!! I've been waiting all week for this!!
(As you can see, I think i've had like, 30 posts on the subject)

... wait, this is the same as the old one? booo

... wait, new music and great visual quality?
Fine by me! The leaked video quailty sucked.

The leaked video looked great to me. They released a higher-res version in DivX/XviD and it looked awesome

pitt_norton

The music isn't the only thing that changed... Helter Skelter's head does not get chopped off now (before a fountain of cel shaded blood poured out).

heroescomparison.jpg

Snow

Well, I guess the voice work for the Touchdown and Christel characters is slightly less painfully over the top than before. But now it's just bland. As is the music; I quite liked the track that was used in the Wiire version of this trailer.

pitt_norton said:
The music isn't the only thing that changed... Helter Skelter's head does not get chopped off now (before a fountain of cel shaded blood poured out).

Yup; I just went back and watched the old trailer. In that one, after his head is chopped off the chick comes by and kicks it to see if he's dead. That didn't make a lot of sense since his head flew away from his body, but in this new trailer it makes more sense.

PhoenixDark said:
Yup; I just went back and watched the old trailer. In that one, after his head is chopped off the chick comes by and kicks it to see if he's dead. That didn't make a lot of sense since his head flew away from his body, but in this new trailer it makes more sense.
uh, I don't read that kick as 'checking if he's dead' in the previous one.. and also it's animated with the kick as if the head isn't attached, so...

god51 I want a new trailer :|

Joseph Merrick said:
uh, I don't read that kick as 'checking if he's dead' in the previous one.. and also it's animated with the kick as if the head isn't attached, so...

god51 I want a new trailer :|

Hm looked like the head was attached to me :/

Anyway I wonder how this will play. There's a scene in the trailer where Travis is fighting someone, and in the backgroud is a movie screen. From what I can see, it looks like the screen is projecting a first person sword battle.

pitt_norton

PhoenixDark said:
Hm looked like the head was attached to me :/

It's the same head knocking animation in both.

PhoenixDark said:
Anyway I wonder how this will play. There's a scene in the trailer where Travis is fighting someone, and in the backgroud is a movie screen. From what I can see, it looks like the screen is projecting a first person sword battle.

Indeed. I made that comment about the 1st person being a potential gameplay snippet in the original Heroes thread. No one seemed to care then.

TreIII

Well darn, no new trailer...ah well, hope springs eternal for something new later on...

Any way, the way that the game is set up, what with like 10-11 other "assasins" to deal with, I'm personally thinking that this could be some wacky new take on a fighting game, as only Suda51 could invision it. :D

What I would give for Heroes to turn out to be basically a "Suda-fied" Virtual ON type of arena fighting game, or something to that effect...

Totally sweet.

Does the art strike anyone else as vaguely Megaten-ish? There's a definite similarity with SMT III, IMO (not that that's a bad thing!)

Juice

Wow. That's probably the first visually compelling Wii game I've seen. That game's art style looks like it will wow me. (Assuming the in-game renders as well as that trailer did)

japtor

PantherLotus said:
These can be found in the Wii Screenshot thread, among many, many others.

heroes21.jpg
your caps are pixelized, like they were double sized with no smoothing.

like for that above shot, it should look like this:
untitled2us5.jpg

HisBrother said:
Did they confirm CG or Real Time? If its CG this is the first Wii game in CG.
im not sure anything has really been said about it at all. the main things that dont look real time to me are the little water splash in the beginning and the blue flame effect. the flame in particular looks just like a video overlay effect. the characters and shadowing and stuff all basically look like killer 7 with more polys.

HisBrother said:
Wow..this gets me thinking..Are alot of the best looking Wii games gonna be cel shaded? Just like the DS?
This is fine with me, as long at least SOMEBODY makes some damn cel-shaded games that aren't anime. Seriously, Western developers, get off your asses and make a gorgeous cel-shaded game in a Western animation style. Is this really so hard?!

kizmah

This games still loks awesome, just like it did 2 months ago. The artstyle is just amazing. Hopefully it will be a Wii exclusive...I know it's supposed to be but you never know.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
so, if we can agree that killer7's voice work was pretty superb (especially garcian), is it reasonable to think this game's will be spruced up before release? or is this a stylistic choice?

Top Bottom