• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Did you guys white knight Ms Pudding?

Without me? Damnit, I need to stop going to bed so early...

Matll

This was a good day. I ended my HoN career by winning with 23/2 bubbles and started my Dota 2 career by winning with 5/5/23 crystal maiden.

Kapura

Banned
Switftlame said:

madraven calls me out while i dumpster him and his team
from the parse:
[00:45:13][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> game isn't FUCKING over
[00:45:16][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> stop GOING IN
[00:45:18][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> you MORONS
[00:45:22][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> they have 4 MOTHER FUCKIG HEROES
[00:45:25][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> stupid
[00:45:26][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> FUCKING
[00:45:28][Info]gorisan (Bubbles) has respawned!
[00:45:29][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> morons
[00:45:33][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> how is SOLO BUBBLES lEVEL 16
[00:45:35][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> it's NOT POSSIBLE

Insured

[00:45:56][All][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> solid solo bubbles
[00:46:05][All][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> LET ME SOLO SO I CAN BE LEVEL 16
[00:46:27][All][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> he fucking killed you dipshit
[00:46:33][All][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> multiple times and can't take advangate
[00:46:54][All][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
[00:46:54][All][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
[00:46:55][All][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
[00:47:31][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> fuck off
[00:47:35][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> this bubbles is rubbish
[00:47:39][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> has NOTHING
[00:48:00][Hellbourne][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> ra should've gotten a blinkh dagger and a fucking bulkalks
[00:48:21][All][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> can't train stupid
[00:48:25][All][DRD]KingRaven (Wretched Hag)> Get a blink and abulkwalsk dg
I liked this part too. You should remember to get that BULKALKS!!!! It's too bad the voice chat isn't on the replay :3

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ultimoo said:
you were up against a team of 3 carries and DR. of course you're going to get raped.

Did you see my DR... I was trolling that entire game xD. I quit after I first blooded thor :D.

Neki

Anbokr said:
Did you see my DR... I was trolling that entire game xD. I quit after I first blooded thor :D.
you somehow survived the last battle even though you got focus fired. DOUBLE GEOMANCER ULT.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Ultimoo said:
you somehow survived the last battle even though you got focus fired. DOUBLE GEOMANCER ULT.

Lol I randomly kept ulting back and forth and with some miraculous divine intervention disjoints and a few stuns, I survived! I believe it was my awesome music that kept me alive and won Team Anbokr the game.

Big plays from best hero in the game?!

monkeykingrape account coming up soon?!

2JmFb.jpg

Nome

Monkey King pretty underrated for sure. I think the public consensus right now is that he's underpowered. Some very good players (2000+ MMR) have said to me he's completely imbalanced. Once he gets going, he's very difficult to stop.

Dahbomb

Holy shit at that Legionaire build wtf!

Monkey King is hard to play for sure but if he gets his items he wrecks people for free. I had the chance to play with a 1900+ MK player and yeah... it was rape. DB, Shroud, Null, Mace, Steam boots and Frostburn.

Had the craziest pub game today where it was my Amun Rah vs some 1800+ guy's Zephyr. We both had 2 hearts and barbed wire wtf... His team won because while we were fighting in the midst it created enough distraction for Fayde to one shot support heroes. Still a fun match, went up to 50 mins with almost equal spread of kills.

Also all my accounts have too high of a leaver percentage to play MM now. :( Shitty internet for the lose.

Tomat

Alright, got some sleep so I'm ready to play one game today before I man down and spectate the rest.

Guesong

Tomat said:
Alright, got some sleep so I'm ready to play one game today before I man down and spectate the rest.

Think of all the gold coins you're missing on!

All the big Tomat play we're missing on!

:(

Kapura

Banned
Ditched a game on Gladrael to go get teriyaki chicken; come back to find out that I'm now a leaver on the acct. I guess it's time to create a new smurf.

delirium said:
These were funhouses, so no wards, no tryhard, everyone is a carry! You should check the IHL for tryharding super-serious games.
I bought like 15 wards that game. How else could we have ganked Pillow so many times?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
questionmark said:
Can anyone recommend a good guide for a newbeginner? Would be greatly appreciated.

That guide seems like a good place to get a feel for the game, but just getting in there and playing with GAF will be the best teacher in my opinion. Even spectating IH games, especially IHL games, will give you a feel for how the game is played. When you're online, join "Clan NEOGAF" and introduce yourself, we'll invite you to clan and get you in IH.

When you're speccing make sure to ask questions to the other specs, as that is probably the best time for it. During a game players won't have to time to answer your questions in full. Whatever you do though, don't expect to learn quickly.

Also delirium, men don't need plated greaves or helms.

Guesong

New rules for regular in-houses ;

I say if a new player wants to go mid to try and slowly learn the ropes of carrying and ganking, then we should allow him to "lock" an opposing player to mid against (preferably a newbie as well) so that both can actually leave the role of support/laning and learn mid.

why did I innocently try Pharoah thinking Sanjay was gonna show up mid when Insured came and raped me oh god salty tears

delirium

Guesong said:
New rules for regular in-houses ;

I say if a new player wants to go mid to try and slowly learn the ropes of carrying and ganking, then we should allow him to "lock" an opposing player to mid against (preferably a newbie as well) so that both can actually leave the role of support/laning and learn mid.

why did I innocently try Pharoah thinking Sanjay was gonna show up mid when Insured came and raped me oh god salty tears
Are we still allowed to give them to normal first time mid GAF treatment?
Procarbine said:
Also delirium, men don't need plated greaves or helms.
Sorry, but those items were necessary because people started tryharding with void talismans and nullstones.

questionmark said:
Can anyone recommend a good guide for a newbeginner? Would be greatly appreciated.
I also recommend this: http://www.reddit.com/r/HeroesofNew...layers_this_is_a_compiled_guide_that_can_get/

Dreavus

Uhg, being just shy of 1700 and still having obviously lost games dragged out to 30 minutes by one person is a huge bummer. I thought I was past this? I'm a fan of comebacks, but if my SD team of misfits with no synergy is getting stomped by the other guys, I'd rather just move on and play another game than waste my time cowering in base for another 10 minutes. I should start using a few of my disconnects that I'm entitled to after playing for so long...

Dreavus said:
Uhg, being just shy of 1700 and still having obviously lost games dragged out to 30 minutes by one person is a huge bummer. I thought I was past this? I'm a fan of comebacks, but if my SD team of misfits with no synergy is getting stomped by the other guys, I'd rather just move on and play another game than waste my time cowering in base for another 10 minutes. I should start using a few of my disconnects that I'm entitled to after playing for so long...
Sorry to break it to you, but I don't think you ever really get past anything you just described.

Sanjay

Guesong said:

You think Pharoah would have done well against Predator that game?

Lets roll this back next time we do a funhouse.

SeigO

Banned
I just tried out a pretty fun combo. Me and a friend did a Blacksmith w codex/Nymphora hit squad. MQ was doing really well owning his lane until I decided that were going to kill him every time he's in a lane. He died 5 times in about 8 minutes and then he destroyed all his items and left soon after his 6th death to us.

Tipto.png

Swag

kagete said:
Delirium went super creeper on him and found his real name, and then his Facebook a few nights ago, was inevitable that this post would follow.
SeigO said:
I just tried out a pretty fun combo. Me and a friend did a Blacksmith w codex/Nymphora hit squad. MQ was doing really well owning his lane until I decided that were going to kill him every time he's in a lane. He died 5 times in about 8 minutes and then he destroyed all his items and left soon after his 6th death to us.
I know that Defrost guy.

Tomat

No homework tonight. I'm pumped up and ready to spectate some games.

Sanjay

kagete said:

Sadly no, he's a AAAAAAAArab. All he needs is a beard and he will be stopped at the airport for looking suspicious.

Sebulon3k said:
Delirium went super creeper on him and found his real name, and then his Facebook a few nights ago.

No he found his Dads facebook, lol.

Tomat said:
No homework tonight. I'm pumped up and ready to spectate some games.

We only play during the weekend :|

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Sanjay said:
Sadly no, he's a AAAAAAAArab. All he needs is a beard and he will be stopped at the airport for looking suspicious.

Who needs a beard when the stubble gets all the ladies?

btw STOP STALKING ME GUYZ!!!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
HoNGAF full of lonely souls in need of love.

(I'm glad I have Alumnus)

Tomat

OaxbT.png

Second row, second column. Can't wait till I unlock the custom icon slot.

IceMarker

Item I made up at work while I was bored at work I'd like to see implemented:

Jump Boots - 1580g

Recipe:
Marchers - 500
Major Totem - 540
Major Totem - 540

Description:
Passive Bonuses
+70 Movement Speed
+8 Strength
+8 Intelligence
+8 Agility

Ability
Cooldown: 20
Mana Cost: 25
Targets self only and pushes self forward 500 units.

Honestly I'd just like to see a new pair of boots to choose from.

Top Bottom