• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Phandy

Procarbine said:

It is, but people can still dodge it if you target a person because of move speed/casting time etc.

I thin its still better to try and get your full range stun and guess where they are going.

Conceptor

MrMister said:
I want some goddamn REAL TALK. Not jokingly mentioning the phrase, I want some real goddamn talk for once because I am sick of the bullshit we all distribute on a daily basis. What the fuck is going on in HoN-GAF?

Before anything else, fix your attitude. It has been mentioned many times in this thread since your post, and it has been mentioned many times in mumble. Learn how to take a loss properly; keep the positives and look at what you need to improve on. You can't win every game mrmr, seriously. If you make a genuine mistake, admit it to yourself and then your teammates and keep your head in the game instead of resorting to trolling and bad manner.

Actually mrmr, have you ever thought about putting yourself in our position? How would you feel if I joined a game. disconnected (because you seem to especially hate me doing so) for a few minutes, and went in your lane only to die once or twice and then start trolling you and the rest of the team for the rest of the game? I mean I could pick Tundra and go tree chopping in a goddamn FUNhouse or pick Polly and go attempt multiple BD while my team defends rax and throw the game. What if you were one of the other 9 people in the game? How would you feel towards that one particular person? Imagine listening to him tell you that he's just trolling you at this point.

NO one specifically hates you dude, but you need to admit to yourself that there's a problem when you're blatantly ruining the game for 9 other people. Go solo queue or play a shooter if you want to grief like this. I understand you get mad bro, but you need to learn how to take a loss. You're always free to ask for help and tips from other players, no one will mind.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
delirium said:
So more HoN 3.0 features got leaked. Mentoring, spectating live games, new items, and more heroes.

Can't wait.
HoN copying from Dota again.

Seriously though, good additions.

MrMister said:
I'm so sick of being a goddamn punching bag for this community. The vicious circle continues, and I thought it was over after months of dealing with it. No, if I make one fucking mistake in game, I usually simply disguise it as 'trolling' to my teammates to protect myself from having to admit I made a fucking mistake, a bad side effect of that is that they get salty due to my salt of making a mistake. The key example tonight being casting my ultimate as Witch Slayer on a hero who will undoubtedly die without it. I saw the lifebar drain away on him, I wanted the kill especially after missing the stun point blank, and had a mini-selfish-panic and hit R and clicked him. Afterwards I hear over Mumble shortly "MrMister wtf" and a bunch of 'ooh's, Swiftlame typing in chat "That was bad", I laugh it off and call it trolling them so I don't have to admit the mistake, Swiftlame types "no I'm serious". And of course from there both sides just make it worse, I should've admitted the mistake, would've been easier, but more saltier for me. Either way I'm am fucking done with the goddamn bullshit this community distributes. I can already see the BZM smartass remark post and the Sebulon expectation post, and who knows what else thrown at me.

I want some goddamn REAL TALK. Not jokingly mentioning the phrase, I want some real goddamn talk for once because I am sick of the bullshit we all distribute on a daily basis. What the fuck is going on in HoN-GAF?
Well I'm not going to say too much, as everyone else has already said a lot, but the part about you making a mistake and trying to play it off as trolling is a bit much. If you make a mistake, man up to it. There is no need to try to write it off like you did it on purpose or something. Saying you're trolling is even worse, as it probably ruined the mental composition of your teammates. What's the point in playing with a player who is trolling his own team? It makes more sense if you own up to the mistake - there's nothing wrong with making a mistake. In fact, it's probably even easier to do. You make a mistake, okay, well it's over with. Next time, you vow to not make it again, and everything goes on smoothly. This isn't just something to take from HoN, it's really a life lesson.

All in all, try to keep your chin up and your head in the game. Shit happens, whether in your control or not. People will get mad for that small moment, but whatever. Let it be and in 60 seconds no one will even remember it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Phandy said:
It is, but people can still dodge it if you target a person because of move speed/casting time etc.
You can disjoint it but I'm not sure you can outrun it. It has a little bit of homing once cast and the actual range of the effect is a bit farther than the targeting range.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
5zbpE.jpg

Now I know how to break the curse.

Conceptor

Tomat said:
What was it? Vid got taken down.

Was a video of audio of a fight between bkid and ensoe as they are queuing in a TMM match with chu. Basically bkid was yelling at ensoe for being a shitty lane partner or something and saying stuff like 'you're such a bad player you just get carried by chu etc' and the fight just devolved into middle school insults lol.

The youtube videos were taken down/removed but the original JTV highlight is still there: http://www.justin.tv/justango/b/297243301

Just really bm on both their parts.

Edit: Loki: http://youtu.be/zAbcaQ3QMY4?t=7s. The yt comments seem to hate the music tho?! :S:S

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Conceptor said:
Was a video of audio of a fight between bkid and ensoe as they are queuing in a TMM match with chu. Basically bkid was yelling at ensoe for being a shitty lane partner or something and saying stuff like 'you're such a bad player you just get carried by chu etc' and the fight just devolved into middle school insults lol.

The youtube videos were taken down/removed but the original JTV highlight is still there: http://www.justin.tv/justango/b/297243301

Just really bm on both their parts.

That was a lot of dicks. Pretty sad too.

Hope they both realize Chu doesn't give a shit about either of them, otherwise he would have spoke up and calmed them the hell down.

IceMarker

I just feel like after all this time... all this time, I'm useless in almost all the games I play with you guys, TMM, IH, IHL, etc. I appreciate the feedback, especially from Puppet, this is the real talk I was talking about.

bzm

Tomat said:
That was a lot of dicks. Pretty sad too.

Hope they both realize Chu doesn't give a shit about either of them, otherwise he would have spoke up and calmed them the hell down.
I'm pretty sure hes good friends with both of them, if not bkid for sure. If two people in hongaf got in a fight like this I wouldn't try to calm those involved down, I would just laugh my ass off. Ill fukkin check u tomat.

Guesong

Patch out.

Nothing major save that new Gladiator alt and bug fixes.

I'm kind of infuriated about the alt though...I bought the Indiana Jones Glad last week for 560 silver, so now I can't buy this shiny gold edition one and I probably won't have enough time for to farm 600 (well 500 now) silver.

Wishful thinking ; Nome, can you reimburse my Adv. Gladiator purchase so I can nab the new one >_>.

delirium

Yo Puppet, if you're serious about buying a Dota 2 beta key, I found a guy that will sell one for you. It's legit, I had a friend buy a key from him, he has 2 left.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
delirium said:
Compared to what Meeru was charging over Ebay, cheap. He's selling them for $70 I think.
That's not that bad, shame it wasn't a little cheaper.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Haha, wow. People are buying a F2P beta key for more than the cost of a retail collector's edition with dragon statues and strap ons or whatever? Crazy.

Guesong

So the Gladiator's limited alt does not have an indicator on his anchor to warn other people that Flagellation CD is up.

By design or mistake?

Also finally had a big TMM game! 10/2/22 Geomancer!

I will not mention it was All Random and they got stuck with 4 melee + empath while we had Kraken huehuehue

Conceptor

What non-existent mods does HoN think I have installed that it makes me re-install the game every week?! This is getting ridiculous :(

A black screen after updating is almost always due to outdated mods. Do a Complete Reinstall!
If this doesn't help, do a Complete Reinstall with all antivirus and software firewalls disabled.

MrMister said:
I want some goddamn REAL TALK.

Just join us in LoL Gaf. Friendly players, no salt or raging. When we lose, we forget about it and move on to the next game. However, given that HoN is such an easy game compared to LoL, it'll prolly take a while before you're even half way decent (trololo)

Neki

perryfarrell said:
Just join us in LoL Gaf. Friendly players, no salt or raging. When we lose, we forget about it and move on to the next game. However, given that HoN is such an easy game compared to LoL, it'll prolly take a while before you're even half way decent (trololo)
only the realest talk from a league player.

get league'd.

I'm not sure about what happened exactly but I would suggest refraining from saying anything that might get you banned. Just take a break to think about things first before posting.

Guesong

MrMister said:
Fucking real talk from me. You guys still don't fucking get it.

1. You go on a vendetta because someone doesn't talk to you, poisoning all our ears in the process.

2. When people try to gently calm you down, you berserk out.

All there is to get at this point.

Sanjay

Guesong said:
1. You go on a vendetta because someone doesn't talk to you, poisoning all our ears in the process.

2. When people try to gently calm you down, you berserk out.

All there is to get at this point.

But who is Chanstaa? Don't you dare fucking ignore me.

Top Bottom