• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Sanjay

Do Lego's spins still benefit from riftshards? or shroud?

Go Manta style lego! his spin procs on his illusions!

dont like it dont buy it, you guys act like youre fucking entitled to get skins at low/no cost but in reality s2 doesnt owe you shit

Not even mad. I'm good for at least a year :D
1fcaed.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Anyone online these days, im gonna get back into HoN after I was done feeling bad about myself

Swiftlame, me, loki, thor, insured, pro, bzm, and freakinchair are the HoN Gaffers that still play HoN. We usually have a tmm group of 3-5 people running daily, so just check in the channel or mumble to catch us on. Fun games too, we've gone 85% win in the past few weeks.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah sorry forgot kappy. I haven't seen moustachio for awhile and I think nuke/mr pretty much stick to midwars.

IceMarker

Swiftlame, me, loki, thor, insured, pro, bzm, and freakinchair are the HoN Gaffers that still play HoN. We usually have a tmm group of 3-5 people running daily, so just check in the channel or mumble to catch us on. Fun games too, we've gone 85% win in the past few weeks.

You forgot me asshole!

Insured

Monarch is soooooo good. My new favourite support next to Empath :3.
She's a lot like glacius in lane before they nerfed tundra blast :l one huge long lasting aoe slow, and an immobilize that lasts for what always feels like too long. Only the immobilize also silences you. A major pain in the ass to see her in 2/3 games these days >_>

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
And another one bites the dust, Kappy banned for 2 weeks for talking shit in the dota2 thread.
Gotta stop him from pretending HoNGAF and DOTA GAF are the same groups. Peoples don't know who HoNGAF is.

Guesong

Yo wasn't bzm done with HoN and proclaiming victory for DoTA2 and stuff? And now that he can play DotA2 he plays HoN?

What is this :|

Insured

Quite liking Lord Salforis. Just survives for jokes and the low cd's for his Q + W wreak havoc.
Myself I find W to be quite weak overall. It doesn't heal all that much at any point in game nor do that huge amounts of damage (unless you have something ridiculous like shroud+riftshards), and it costs a lot of mana for his mana pool early on. The aoe slow upon casting is also lackluster. It's got a short cooldown though, so it's decent for staying alive in a longer fight. Still, I've had most success skipping W until level 10. Then early on it's just toggling the aura depending if you want to push the lane at that moment or not, and in a fight sticking close to your enemies and mashing that Q :x The hero still requires quite a bit of CC from your teammates to really be worth anything!

Meteorain

Myself I find W to be quite weak overall. It doesn't heal all that much at any point in game nor do that huge amounts of damage (unless you have something ridiculous like shroud+riftshards), and it costs a lot of mana for his mana pool early on. The aoe slow upon casting is also lackluster. It's got a short cooldown though, so it's decent for staying alive in a longer fight. Still, I've had most success skipping W until level 10. Then early on it's just toggling the aura depending if you want to push the lane at that moment or not, and in a fight sticking close to your enemies and mashing that Q :x The hero still requires quite a bit of CC from your teammates to really be worth anything!

Stop fucking with my happiness.

Ashes2049

Neo Member
Hi all, I haven't played HoN since about page 60 of this thread but just started getting back into it, been getting a feel for the heroes again just by doing some midwars. Hopefully might be able to play with you guys sometime but I am in the UK so might not really catch you all online.

Guesong

BreakyPack is out.

500 gold, 2500 silver.

Not listed as Premium per se though.

Also no special text effect, it's the same as default/MsPudding one, meaning any chance for this pack to get redeemed just went to the gutter.

So I played a game as Monarch last night. We dominated early-game and I had a nice kill streak going, then my laptop overheated and shut down. I restarted and reconnected with 0:00 left. My team didn't pause and I ended up about 3-4 levels behind everyone else. We proceeded to lose every team fight despite our AoE, initiation, and wards (we had Keeper, Plague, and Pebbles) and their Magebane got farmed. In hindsight, I should've been selfish and built Void instead of trying for Kuldra.

I installed LoL.

IceMarker

BreakyPack is out.

500 gold, 2500 silver.

Not listed as Premium per se though.

Also no special text effect, it's the same as default/MsPudding one, meaning any chance for this pack to get redeemed just went to the gutter.

Boy good thing the only things I never buy from the store are more couriers and any announcer at all. (And name colors too actually.)

Guesong

Noob question time that I feel I should have asked a long time ago ;

Can you disassemble any item, or just Frostburn?

Cause I'm browsing the HoN forums balance discussion for the lulz and they talking about HotBL and how it can be disassembled late game to create Behemoth Heart.

So....have I been playing this wrong since forever?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Noob question time that I feel I should have asked a long time ago ;

Can you disassemble any item, or just Frostburn?

Cause I'm browsing the HoN forums balance discussion for the lulz and they talking about HotBL and how it can be disassembled late game to create Behemoth Heart.

So....have I been playing this wrong since forever?
Ring of Basilus and Sustainer can also by disassembled.

Guesong

Sweet mother of god.

You CAN disassemble anything so long as it is in your stash and that no recipe was used to create the item.

I'm speechless.

Swag

Moon's Stream is too good, everything is perfect, the Music, Chat Box, Dances, It's like everything meshed together in an amazing way.

mrbagdt

Sweet mother of god.

You CAN disassemble anything so long as it is in your stash and that no recipe was used to create the item.

I'm speechless.

haha, im sorry that you just now figured this out! i primarily use it if i accidentally create an item that i didnt intend to create when adding stuff to my inventory. before i found out about disassembly i would say OH CRAP I MADE THE WRONG BOOTS NOOOOOO

delirium

It's like people discovering you can build Shaman with a Lifetube instead of 2x trinkets. Same with building steamboots with any of the +6 stat items, what's why you can build it in the outpost.

Nome

rumor has it that almost every hero will have an ulti staff effect in an upcoming patch (3.0?)
Not true, as far as I know. It was a project I started when I was lead, but we had much more important things to take care of in the short term (ie, 3.0 features). It'll come eventually, but probably not for 3.0.

It's like people discovering you can build Shaman with a Lifetube instead of 2x trinkets. Same with building steamboots with any of the +6 stat items, what's why you can build it in the outpost.

To their horror, I hate it when this happens. It's an instant -150 gold and when you happen to have a lifestube, hood, and want a whispering helm...:(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Delirium, you don't exist anymore. You're not allowed to give opinions, no matter how valid they may be. Go home and be a family man.

Top Bottom