• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

As Rampage, charged almost to the enemy's rax to kill a Tremble, then survived a Witch's ult and got away. They conceded right after, at 15 minutes. Feels good man.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
bzm said:
tree can actually jungle pretty well now (with the minions)
and w/ the right set up, do ancients at lvl 1. Jokes.
Wat wat wat.
Meteorain said:
You could send your treants in a whole bunch of different directions and KOTF invis following one of them. They will have to guess which one to follow!
If I had that kind of micro I'd play Oph instead.

Or Starcraft.

NukeDukem

Banned
Halycon said:
Play Starcraft

1302035324185-1.jpg

bzm

is this gonna be another hero with 4 needlessly complex skills?
Though I am glad to see them add another int hero, their last was (myrm?) who turned out to be a really well thought out hero. Cant say the same for their agi/str

Neckbeard

MrMister said:
Fuck sake you guys need to not give up so easily all the fucking time.

Dunno what you're so mad about. If MMR is that important to you, you probably shouldn't be playing with stats.

Done with GAF-HoN.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Geez guys, it was just one game. We were down 22-9, armadon DCd, NH was just a horrible pick/player and looking at team fights--it didn't feel like our minds were really into it.

Seems like with GAF we win a few games and everyone is all happy and then we lose one and people start raging left and right; I don't get it >.<. What's there to rage about in HoN? You pick up your coins and move on.

nara

Banned
Anbokr said:
Geez guys, it was just one game. We were down 22-9, armadon DCd, NH was just a horrible pick/player and looking at team fights--it didn't feel like our minds were really into it.

Seems like with GAF we win a few games and everyone is all happy and then we lose one and people start raging left and right; I don't get it >.<. What's there to rage about in HoN? You pick up your coins and move on.

Really? Are u really asking about why people would rage on a heavily team responsible game?

Neckbeard

azuki said:
Really? Are u really asking about why people would rage on a heavily team responsible game?

More like wondering why people rage and refuse to take responsibility.

I expect bouts of rage and getting cussed out from random pub players. That's to be expected. But from my clan mates, with whom I play mostly every day, that's unacceptable and childish. If you can't handle losing, don't play the game.

Neckbeard

Meeru said:
very rare for people to admit their weakness

After a lifetime of playing team sports competitively I can agree with that. But a teammate has a responsibility to his/her team. We are teammates. This isn't a pick-up game.

In any case, I'm done with HoN. Too much downtime, etc. If anyone wants my account (I have quite a few alt skins and currently low-1500s MMR) just pm me and I'll change the password for you.

Cheers HoN-GAF. It's been fun.

Demy

Wait, gaf hons? I'm like jukebox hero over here!
Finally got down how to play just one carry. Been owning with Flint though it's getting boring fast and I miss Arma.

Meeru

Banned
Demy said:
Wait, gaf hons? I'm like jukebox hero over here!
Finally got down how to play just one carry. Been owning with Flint though it's getting boring fast and I miss Arma.
/join clan neogaf

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Anyone else been having issues with recent patches giving an 'error updating hon.exe' error?

Kaper

Finally! Hi, HoN Gaf! I signed up to Neogaf back when I got into the HoN beta and now I can finally post.

My HoN name is Kaper, and I'm ~1750 player. Add me to your lists, I need more people to play with during the day.

Kaper said:
Finally! Hi, HoN Gaf! I signed up to Neogaf back when I got into the HoN beta and now I can finally post.

My HoN name is Kaper, and I'm ~1750 player. Add me to your lists, I need more people to play with during the day.

Bad.

NukeDukem

Banned
Version 2.0.36
-------------
- Added a new hero: Parasite

- Added a new Alt Avatar: Mutant Parasite

- You can no longer touch things (teleporters, items, etc.) while stunned
- Updated some User Interface files with fixes to speed and reliability
- Fixed a bug with stats not displaying for people in a Clan
- Fixed Neutral Creeps in Caldavar stacking 3 times instead of 2
- Fixed a bug with Alchemist Bones' timer when it was dropped on the ground
- Fixed Barrier Idol's and Chipper's ability to properly absorb Superior Magic damage
- Fixed a bug with Keeper of the Forest's invisibility
- Fixed a bug with Silhouette's timers
- Fixed a bug with Corrupted Disciple's drain that made it last forever

Still no lucksmith? i am disappoint

It seems like every game I have with an opposing Magebane he gets fat and out-carries our carries. Conversely, when we have a Magebane he's underleveled and useless. =/

What items are best to counter him with? Hellflower, Kuldra?

Insured

Lone_Prodigy said:
It seems like every game I have with an opposing Magebane he gets fat and out-carries our carries. Conversely, when we have a Magebane he's underleveled and useless. =/

What items are best to counter him with? Hellflower, Kuldra?
Those are the main items to counter basically ANY carry (if you have reliable slows to go with hellflower or farming kuldra is impossible, go with hellflower, but kuldra is the better choice overall in my experience). Though, against a problematic magebane, hag or repulsor? A hellflower combined with proper team focus might just be the best option.

Also, if people have trouble staying alive for as long as their shrunken head is up, get a stormspirit, stay further behind in battles, use it on whomever the problem carry is targeting with shrunken up OR to dodge or waste their team's big cooldowns.

Top Bottom