• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Meeru

Banned
Lone_Prodigy said:
It seems like every game I have with an opposing Magebane he gets fat and out-carries our carries. Conversely, when we have a Magebane he's underleveled and useless. =/

What items are best to counter him with? Hellflower, Kuldra?
hellflower yes. best to use after you slow or stun him.

so i finally talked with my wife about me playing this game and if shes ok with it. and she replies, "yea, i wish you didn't play starcraft"

i just smiled sadly

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why does she not want you to play HoN/SC2?

Card Boy

Banned
This game depresses me, I have played like 9 matches (3 normal and 6 casual) and have lost like 8 of them. I keep getting abused because i'm new to the game, even when i was a newbie in LoL i don't think i ever took this sort of abuse.

I try not to feed and i get tower dived all the time, even when i have full HP.

I was in the beta and played about 20 matches then so i have 'some' experience with the game.

So far i have played with Flint Beastwood, Witch Slayer, Magmus, Pyromancer, Nighthound. I only did decently with Flint cause of his ultra.

delirium

Gez said:
This game depresses me, I have played like 9 matches (3 normal and 6 casual) and have lost like 8 of them. I keep getting abused because i'm new to the game, even when i was a newbie in LoL i don't think i ever took this sort of abuse.

I try not to feed and i get tower dived all the time, even when i have full HP.

I was in the beta and played about 20 matches then so i have 'some' experience with the game.

So far i have played with Flint Beastwood, Witch Slayer, Magmus, Pyromancer, Nighthound. I only did decently with Flint cause of his ultra.
Join the NeoGAF channel and play with us. We'll teach you and we don't rage (much).

Meeru

Banned
My wife is going to costco in an hour with her sister. Costco usually takes like an hour to go there, buy stuff, and come back. I get one hour of hon time!!!

Meeru

Banned
NukeDukem said:
its ok, the rest of the team dc'd not soon after. i had no idea what i was doing with parasite :p
:3 Well i suppose you could jungle with him at level one but I dont know the cd on that skill.

NukeDukem

Banned
17 minute Mock of Brilliance on Wildsoul, Reason Gaming never had a chance.
wards.gif

delirium said:
Join the NeoGAF channel and play with us. We'll teach you and we don't rage (much).
mmm
usual playtime?
I'd be interested too :*
btw, tried empath and...
it was underwhelming.. I depend too much on whoever I'm into, and if he dies, I'm most likely next, make no mistake..
Tried MoonQueen and I'm having a blast... nice char, great nuke, although till you hit 6 she's a one-skill-pony.. from 6 it's a 2 skill pony, since all the other are passive (passive bounce on attack, passive damage add aura)..
Buuut I need to learn more! so be my obi-wan! :L

delirium

witchedwiz said:
mmm
usual playtime?
btw, tried empath and...
it was underwhelming.. I depend too much on whoever I'm into, and if he dies, I'm most likely next, make no mistake..
Tried MoonQueen and I'm having a blast... nice char, great nuke, although till you hit 6 she's a one-skill-pony.. from 6 it's a 2 skill pony, since all the other are passive (passive bounce on attack, passive damage add aura)..
Type "/join clan neogaf" to join the clan channel. Hopefully there will be people there. I don't know who has officer status to invite. There's usually someone always on in the channel regardless if no one can invite.

As for Empath, she's a great support if you have the carry that can benefit from it. Just ask procarbine about his Flint immortal. With Empath in him, he was doing 600-700 dps.

witchedwiz said:
mmm
usual playtime?
btw, tried empath and...
Empath is my favorite hero >_<.

Nothing like a clutch wall to trap someone or save an ally's ass.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Just played a game with a DRD member on our team, we won, he said he's posting about it on DRD tomorrow making fun of the other clan. We're gonna be famous!

delirium

Procarbine said:
Just played a game with a DRD member on our team, we won, he said he's posting about it on DRD tomorrow making fun of the other clan. We're gonna be famous!
Unless he's going to make fun of us (for being bad teammates)!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
NemesisPrime said:
So as a LoL player tired of long queues... will I be able to survive in this game longer than 5 seconds?
HoN is very unforgiving of mistakes. But it shouldn't be that hard for you to get into the game if you've had enough LoL experience.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
NemesisPrime said:
So as a LoL player tired of long queues... will I be able to survive in this game longer than 5 seconds?

Longer than 5 seconds? Absolutely, as long as you don't expect to be able to be good right away. Just remember that you are able to deny, you can't spam skills, fighting is much more volatile, and towers won't really save you. Also, carry homecoming stones. I think that item alone represents a huge difference between Hon and LoL gameplay.

EDIT: I forgot the most important part: /join clan neogaf and ask to play!

Meeru

Banned
its sad that s2 is working hard to fix this and yet the customers don't care how hard they try. if it doesnt work then they are viewed as lazy and irresponsible.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Meeru said:
its sad that s2 is working hard to fix this and yet the customers don't care how hard they try. if it doesnt work then they are viewed as lazy and irresponsible.

I think it's more the fact that people are used to HoN being stable for over a year and then suddenly after the DDOS attacks they've been having problem after problem.

blitz64

Meeru said:
My wife is going to costco in an hour with her sister. Costco usually takes like an hour to go there, buy stuff, and come back. I get one hour of hon time!!!

Maybe you should switch back to starcraft2. Games are just 20 minutes there. Much better for a married life...

Sanjay

Meeru said:

Nearly two months is a piss take. Kind of like PSN being down, Sony in return gave away free games and stuff to appease their customers, while S2 games gave us a double coin weekend and the game was down half the time.

IceMarker

This is just sad now S2. Might as well rename the game to Heroes of Downtime after all. Every time you try to fix something you make it worse. Nome I need some comfort post here from you, even your boss isn't getting the addiction craving he desires.

delirium

I just think they haven't expected the growth that HoN has and their systems weren't design for 50k users. In a Maliken interview they stated that their systems were at near capacity before the 1 year anniversary.

IceMarker

bzm said:
s2 is a tiny indie company, lay the fuck off
Well I mean when you go through about 3 maintenance periods and around 1 and a half system upgrades you'd expect even an indie company to get it right at least the second time.

NukeDukem

Banned
Guys, you need to consider this from S2's point of view.
For every minute that HoN is down, they are missing out on potential revenue coming in from the in-game store. I mean, how would YOU feel if you couldn't get more money from your userbase? Posting updates and patches is hard work, they put in long hours working for our enjoyment. We should give S2 Games a break, sympathize with their plight during this downtime.

Swag

NukeDukem said:
For every minute that HoN is down, they are missing out on potential revenue coming in from the in-game store. I mean, how would YOU feel if you couldn't get more money from your userbase? Posting updates and patches is hard work, they put in long hours working for our enjoyment. We should give S2 Games a break, sympathize with their plight during this downtime.
I think people's compassion wells are low considering how often the downtime has been happening.

if they feel like they need to rack more money, they could as well make buyable champions à-la-LoL...
make enw champions buyable with either real money or a new type of coins that will start to be earned from say 2-3 weeks before they start putting out chamions that way..
that prints money

delirium

witchedwiz said:
if they feel like they need to rack more money, they could as well make buyable champions à-la-LoL...
make enw champions buyable with either real money or a new type of coins that will start to be earned from say 2-3 weeks before they start putting out chamions that way..
that prints money
Nope. There's no way the community would stand for that. HoN is a game where picking the right heroes is very important in playing the game. If you couldn't choose a certain hero, you are at a huge disadvantage.

Top Bottom