• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
[GAF]Anbokr
[GAF]Lokey
[GAF]Meeru
[GAF]Delirium6
[GAF]ShotoElite
[GAF]Haly
[GAF]Lone_Prodigy
[GAF]Pillowknight
[GAF]Swagsurfin

Defyin' the trend, goin' on top!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Insured said:
Fayde has kind of the same issues as deadwood, as in PEBBLES does it better. Only deadwood has an easier time farming/denying. It might have been considered OP and all that, but when her ult left an illusion behind you could do really clever things with it, and she felt all that more awesome to play from just one illusion :)
Fayde's initiation is build in though :3

Cerepol

[GAF]Anbokr
[GAF]Cerepol
[GAF]Delirium6
[GAF]Haly
[GAF]Lokey
[GAF]Lone_Prodigy
[GAF]Meeru
[GAF]Pillowknight
[GAF]ShotoElite
[GAF]Swagsurfin

fuck y'all alphabetized

and forewarning I am major noob.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
PasteyMF said:
Put me down as a reserve if needed. When are you guys doing these?

Not yet determined.

[GAF]procarbine
[GAF]PastyMF
[GAF]Anbokr
[GAF]Cerepol
[GAF]Delirium6
[GAF]Haly
[GAF]Lokey
[GAF]Lone_Prodigy
[GAF]Meeru
[GAF]Pillowknight
[GAF]ShotoElite
[GAF]Swagsurfin

Count so far: 12

If we could get 15+ it would be great.
BZMASTROOCEANICMRMRNUKE

Haly

Shuffles I'm guessing. And certain adjustments to make sure meeru, kagate and throwpura (or nilay and con) aren't on the same team.

nilay

[GAF]procarbine
[GAF]PastyMF
[GAF]Anbokr
[GAF]Cerepol
[GAF]Delirium6
[GAF]Haly
[GAF]Lokey
[GAF]Lone_Prodigy
[GAF]Meeru
[GAF]Pillowknight
[GAF]ShotoElite
[GAF]Swagsurfin
[GAF]Nilay

i do work though and am in the uk so times i am available are limited

NukeDukem

Banned
[GAF]procarbine
[GAF]PastyMF
[GAF]Anbokr
[GAF]Cerepol
[GAF]Delirium6
[GAF]Haly
[GAF]Lokey
[GAF]Lone_Prodigy
[GAF]Meeru]
[GAF]NukeFDukem
[GAF]Pillowknight
[GAF]ShotoElite
[GAF]Swagsurfin
[GAF]Nilay

I would like to stream most of the games, if my schedule allows it.

IceMarker

• [GAF]procarbine
  • [GAF]PastyMF
  • [GAF]Anbokr
  • [GAF]Cerepol
  • [GAF]Delirium6
  • [GAF]Haly
  • [GAF]Lokey
  • [GAF]Lone_Prodigy
  • [GAF]Meeru]
  • [GAF]NukeFDukem
  • [GAF]Pillowknight
  • [GAF]ShotoElite
  • [GAF]Swagsurfin
  • [GAF]Nilay
  • [GAF]xMrMister
I work most weekend nights though.

Kaper

• [GAF]procarbine
  • [GAF]PastyMF
  • [GAF]Anbokr
  • [GAF]Cerepol
  • [GAF]Delirium6
  • [GAF]Haly
  • [GAF]Lokey
  • [GAF]Lone_Prodigy
  • [GAF]Meeru]
  • [GAF]NukeFDukem
  • [GAF]Pillowknight
  • [GAF]ShotoElite
  • [GAF]Swagsurfin
  • [GAF]Nilay
  • [GAF]xMrMister
  • [iTMC]Kaper

Added myself, though times I'm able to play vary.

• [GAF]procarbine
  • [GAF]PastyMF
  • [GAF]Anbokr
  • [GAF]Cerepol
  • [GAF]Delirium6
  • [GAF]Haly
  • [GAF]Lokey
  • [GAF]Lone_Prodigy
  • [GAF]Meeru]
  • [GAF]NukeFDukem
  • [GAF]Pillowknight
  • [GAF]ShotoElite
  • [GAF]Swagsurfin
  • [GAF]Nilay
  • [GAF]xMrMister
  • [iTMC]Kaper
  • [GAF]Alumnus
Hopping on that list for my HoN lovelies <3

Meeru

Banned
NukeDukem said:
I watched the replay where you played as Amun-Ra and get 20 kills, how could that be depressing?
Was referring to pro, astro and bzm. Did u guys seriously play isketch?

Oh and Ill replace maliken with amun ra as my new favorite hero

Haly

Amun Ra is terrible :3 (but I would like to see this replay)

Also he is hard countered by WS.

Insured

Ra is lovely and stress-free, especially in the jungle. Super easy farming, can do insane diving with your ult up etc. I've been building a tablet on him after helm / mystic vestments, had some great success. Fantastic for repositioning after ult, or getting out of pharaoh's gay mummies and meteoring back with an advantage :D

Also, even if I don't like upgrading vestments to headdress that often (I think the 1650g could be far better used elsewhere usually) on RA it does make perfect sense, what with using hp instead of mana for spells.

So how do you add yourself to the GAF crowd again? I've been interested in pairing up with more rational players (GAF HAS to be better than most of these crazy people that start calling me the n and f word).

Haly

I remember someone begging for their bottle back.

It was both hilarious and sad.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
New hero teaser:

iG3lq.jpg

I hope S2 isn't jumping onto the MLP bandwagon. :[

Haly

Some kind of centaur archer with a bird companion.

RE: Meeru's Ra

I fucking loled so hard. I need to see it in person.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Alright, so thanks to the confirmed interest of GAF, our mini-IHL is a go. Look for a thread tonight or tomorrow with the details.

delirium

Kaper said:
thats exactly what i meant, joke s2 hero
The cycle of S2 hero release.
1. New hero is released. People cry OP from the top of their lungs.
2. S2 nerfs the hero and people get them to playing against them.
3. Hero is now one of the worst heroes in the game.

Kaper

delirium said:
3. Hero is now one of the worst heroes in the game.

Sil nerf was warranted and not an over-nerf so its all good.

Ra is like many str heroes in that once his farm gets going it's tough to stop him (see dev, arma). Though a lot of it depends on team makeup.

delirium

Kaper said:
Sil nerf was warranted and not an over-nerf so its all good.

Ra is like many str heroes in that once his farm gets going it's tough to stop him (see dev, arma). Though a lot of it depends on team makeup.
Sil and Engineer are the only heroes I think were OP. Aluna was thought to be a really bad hero until the competitive pick her up and she's now a stable of an aggressive trilane. Dampeer was called OP and received a 2 second cool down nerf and he's one of the worst heroes (by win percentage) now.

Also, anyone watch the DWi vs DM game? 800 gpm farming Magebane.

bzm

delirium said:
Sil and Engineer are the only heroes I think were OP. Aluna was thought to be a really bad hero until the competitive pick her up and she's now a stable of an aggressive trilane. Dampeer was called OP and received a 2 second cool down nerf and he's one of the worst heroes (by win percentage) now.

Also, anyone watch the DWi vs DM game? 800 gpm farming Magebane.
got a match id? was rycho playing?

Kaper

delirium said:
Dampeer was called OP and received a 2 second cool down nerf and he's one of the worst heroes (by win percentage) now.

Eng was without a doubt OP. I'd still prefer a different 3rd skill over mines, they are just too gimmicky. I've never understood the dampeer nerf outcry. He was bad when first released and is still bad. Squishy melee spellcasters just don't work in HoN.

Haly

Depressing games today. I think i'm going to smurf on my sub account.

But I don't want it going above 1600.

QQQQQQQQQ

delirium

Kaper said:
Eng was without a doubt OP. I'd still prefer a different 3rd skill over mines, they are just too gimmicky. I've never understood the dampeer nerf outcry. He was bad when first released and is still bad. Squishy melee spellcasters just don't work in HoN.
He was called OP because his "stun" was like Maliken's ult (it goes through Shruken) and he was a ganker. People just didn't know how to deal with him for the first few days. Also, stupid people was saying his passive aura was OP.

EDIT: S2 people are saying the new hero isn't an INT hero on Reddit.

Kaper

I can't stand playing Dampeer because of his first skill's fear effect. It's really hard to a click heroes while they are running, but it wouldn't be so bad were it not for the terrible A-move target selection.

Dreavus

Kaper said:
I can't stand playing Dampeer because of his first skill's fear effect. It's really hard to a click heroes while they are running, but it wouldn't be so bad were it not for the terrible A-move target selection.

Running around like that is kinda "cool" from an aesthetic standpoint but I agree that it's a pain in the ass to target people when they're scared like that. I'm not sure why they can't just make it a variant animation for "stun". Just have the heroes shiver in fear, or back away slowly, or whatever. =/

kagete

How are you guys doing the IH? I'm a fan of persistent teams since this is how my old basketball pickup group used to run for around 4 years straight. Basically only 2 teams exist (since GAF tops out at 10-11 available at any one time) and each team is composed of 5-8 GAF players with no ringers allowed unless the other team (all 5) agrees. Each team of 5 to 8 will have to be balanced as realistically even/fair as possible such that in an ideal season, each team will win 50% of all games.

Each team picks a name and their W-L record is tracked publicly on the thread. Additionally, either someone volunteers or each GAF player is responsible for tracking his individual W-L record. This is needed because one team might have 6 players online while the other only has 4. In cases like these, all players have to agree on who gets to play on the opposite team for that game, and in the spirit of keeping it competitive, if the team of 4 already has a rice-carry like Meeru they're not going to be gifted bzm just because the opposite team can't run 6 people. The point is to make each game as competitive as possible.

If after several games, it becomes clear that one team's makeup is always dominating the other, a swap of player(s) may be initiated and agreed upon by a majority vote. Games don't have to be planned, due to member availability, which is why we're fielding more than 5 for each team. Also it would be wise to find out when Meeru needs to work if you're the opposing team :3.

Thoughts on this? I play with so many different groups of people online that I rarely play with GAF but if we had this sort of structure I would definitely make this my priority. Having rounds of 5-10 games each or a placement-type first 3 matches might be a good idea to help balance the teams but its really fun if you play like this for several weeks and the stats start building up and you get to find out who contributes the most to his team's wins. This also gives a good incentive for a team to try TMM for practicing when the other team doesn't have enough online to play.

bzm

kagete said:
if the team of 4 already has a rice-carry like Meeru they're not going to be gifted bzm just because the opposite team can't run 6 people.

hey i can play support too =[

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
bzm said:
hey i can play support too =[

I think that post showed some interest in the IHL, no? It has already begun taking its toll! You know you want to. Join me and together we can--o wait wrong medium.

Top Bottom