• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of Newerth |OT| Free-To-Play [PC /Mac /Linux]

Guesong

Guys, nobody is forcing you to come into this thread just to type LOL HON SUCKS SAVE US VALVE and then hit the Submit Reply button. And if you prefer LoL better, good for you ; the official thread is over there, not here.

In every case, such overreaction to nothing is getting tiring and it's ruining the quality of the thread and of other discussions we might have. At least offer a semblance of debate over the matter.

Meeru

Banned
Guesong said:
Guys, nobody is forcing you to come into this thread just to type LOL HON SUCKS SAVE US VALVE and then hit the Submit Reply button. And if you prefer LoL better, good for you ; the official thread is over there, not here.

In every case, such overreaction to nothing is getting tiring and it's ruining the quality of the thread and of other discussions we might have. At least offer a semblance of debate over the matter.
Dota2 dota2 dota2

delirium

At this point, its just hype for those people. We have seen nothing from Dota 2. In everyone's mind, the game is perfect just because they have shown us nothing.

Concept17

Soooo I just started playing this with a couple of my friends. (2 of us are pretty much new to the genre, the other has played a fair share of dota) And holy shit can this game be frustrating. I've only really tried 3 of the heroes so far - the Hag, Swiftblade, and now Pharaoh. I like the play style of the hag except the part where I seem to get obliterated in two seconds if I don't stay on the edge of a fight. Same kind of goes for Swiftblade, does a ton of damage, but doesn't last long. As for the Pharaoh I'm finding it much more enjoyable when I can live a little longer. Actually managed a 6/0/17 game last night, granted a couple players on the other team were REALLY bad.

I feel like when I'm not playing a strength character, I'm playing the game completely wrong. Do you have to play as 'safe' as possible and only attack at the most opportune times, or am I missing something? Also, how reliable are the popular 'guides' in-game?

Anyway, Vertopci tells me theres a GAF clan to join? Would love to get in on that as my friends and I are getting pretty hooked on the game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Join the channel Clan NeoGAF and someone will invite you and join the In-House games when they go up. Pretty fun and people will give you all the help you need.

Been playing on a free account lately to get some practice and it's amazing how bad some people are, and worst is they don't listen at all. Trying to be helpful and let people know what they're doing wrong and they just don't listen.

Had a game with Parasite with max Codex and it was pretty hilarious, my team had all given up so we lost again.

DotA 2 is going to have bugs and balance issues. I have never seen an online multiplayer game with a perfect release.

Made a Basic account last night to smurf. Unfortunately one guy on the other team had the same idea and ended up with a ridiculous score.

Ikuu

I'll just be glad to be away from these HoN servers, always something up with them.

Guesong said:

I agree. The game has given a lot of entertainment and fun and you guys treat it like it's some throwaway shit. HoN has its own personality... the funny taunts, crazy announcers, the skins, it'll be different enough from Dota 2, imo. Also I'm starting to dislike Valve in general lately. Maybe it's the rooting for the underdog way of thinking. I'm still gonna play HoN. You guys can go eff off.

Ikuu said:
What has Valve done to deserve your dislike?
I'm not really sure how to explain it. You know that one kid in your class that you really don't like for some reason but can't explain why? If someone asked you why, you'd say "I dunno, I just don't like that kid". That's how I currently feel about Valve. All these little quirks about them that I'm not fond of kind of came together and made me dislike them as a whole. I haven't bought a Steam purchase in several weeks now and purposely skipped out on Steamworks games like the $5 Darksiders sale at Gamersgate today.

Wow it is real. There are some threads and links in google. That guy is a dick and he founded the damn company. You'd never see that out of Riot or Valve...

IceMarker

NukeDukem said:
Both [S2]Maliken and [S2]JohnnyUtah are e-famous for their rage.

Just like MrMister
lNZR5.gif

Guesong

Heavy said:
Wow it is real. There are some threads and links in google. That guy is a dick and he founded the damn company. You'd never see that out of Riot or Valve...

And?

It's not S2Games, it's the individual behind Maliken. Said individual has right to rage and insult as much as you, me, or NukeDukem.

Don't see no obligation nowhere for him to be all nice and cuddly to everyone. As far as we know the opposing team could have acted like total jerks all game long. Hell even I want to rip some Gaffers throats out sometimes when I'm in game just because I dislike what's going on at the moment.

It's a human thing.

Ikuu

You don't see the issue with the CEO of a company calling his customers faggots? Try doing that in any other job and see what happens.

Guesong

Ikuu said:
You don't see the issue with the CEO of a company calling his customers faggots? Try doing that in any other job and see what happens.

As long as it's in-game, I see no issue. It's Maliken the player, not Maliken the CEO.

If you want even more semantics, then in theory nobody should be calling anybody else faggots and whatnot. Yet that happens alot in the HoN community (and in alot of competitive gaming community) but I don't see you guys being insulted over that.

IceMarker

Ikuu said:
Agreed with Guesong like I've said in the past in other threads about this. There's a difference between playing a game and getting mad and releasing a PR statement calling said player a slang term.

I'm sure other companies, including maybe a few more CEOs who play their own games and tend to rage and start to spout insults, Maliken was one of the few to get 'caught'.

Swag

Lyphen said:
Maliken's just a gamer like the rest of us. Only difference is he's a millionaire.
Being a gamer now means you use racial slurs on the internets? Could've fooled me, don't categories me in the same bracket as that bigot.

Guesong

Sebulon3k said:
Being a gamer now means you use racial slurs on the internets? Could've fooled me, don't categories me in the same bracket as that bigot.

And now you've categorized every gamer who ever raged as bigots!

Ikuu

I don't really care if he rages and calls people whatever, I hear much worse on the Goon Mumble everyday. But it's not exactly the best idea to do it on your main account.

Swag

Guesong said:
If I rage, and start using racial slurs, then yes, I am a bigot. How many times have you seen people in GAF IH rage and proceed to drop slurs, even in games without Moody, it's a rarity. So yes, Bigots.
Ikuu said:
I don't really care if he rages and calls people whatever, I hear much worse on the Goon Mumble everyday. But it's not exactly the best idea to do it on your main account.
This.

But Idc enough about the topic to really discuss it further, more important things to be talking about, like this video here

Sanjay

Guesong said:

I QQ at Nilay all the time, how does that make me a bigot? I'm just informing him that dying to a tower with no enemies and creeps around is very very bad.

Guesong

Now see, THAT'S uncool. Crossing the line in my book since Maliken the player and Maliken the CEO are now acting as one, the former using the latter as a threat.

Totally worthy of being called a bigot now.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
One's a slur, the other's a tongue in cheek response to an obvious troll. Maliken's a character, that's for sure.

Guesong said:
In other news, I can't log in right now apparantly. Are the servers down? Where do I go to check if they are?
Servers have been a bit wonky today. It will probably be back in working order again soon, but you'll have some trouble.

Kapura

Banned
hey, maliken is a great cceo. all you gotta do is get on his level when you're playing hon

and don't be a minority.

Top Bottom