• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

brian!

wrath needs to be really strong to compete with leap, they're both really strong atm. i enjoy the cd mechanic w/ wrath, last time i played sonya it was still in
the cc reduction is ridiculous and the extra dmg lets you pretty much one shot any squishy, but leap enables better

brian!

id say it's picked like 30% of the time yeah, wrath is just too easy to fit into a comp compared to leap
i see koreans going with the lvl 4 w talent and leap but i dont really understand the w talent, i think some team last weekend picked the w talent too but I don't remember who it was. maybe there was an arthas or block or something in that game?

brian!

it's nice lil burst heal too w/ wrath up
i just remembered zeratul used to be able to get both focused attack and follow through lol

Like those changes to Stukov, particularly Vigorous Reuptake and Pox Populi. Once you complete that quest, pop 50, and you got the full reset, your healing went through the roof and you can mitigate and sometimes outright nullify a lot of damage. He'll still be a strong healer with these nerfs, you'll just have to watch when you pop your trait because you'll get less free, easy heals over time with Pox Populi.

kirblar

Definitely a tank tank.

There's a UI update to Armor in the next patch to give the exact amount.

I hope you can talent into your E to be able to toss allies.

Milly79

Yeah, I guess so!

I like how you can toss allies if you take the talent. Like what a fucking troll pick. THEN they show him throwing Genji over the wall, like he needs any help. LUL

I wonder if you could toss a merc, probably not. Throwing a siege giant at an Abathur would be kind of fun.

That aoe taunt better have a long cooldown. Taunt on one person is strong but the wombo potential if you get an entire team...

I mean, it's as much as a wombo as Mosh Pit.

Altairre

"Throw a nearby enemy Hero, Minion, or Mercenary to the target location, dealing 91 damage to enemies near the impact and Slowing them by 30% for 2.5 seconds."

That seems pretty explicit to me.

Ketch

Throwing in an arthas is probably pretty good.

If his Kerrigan pull has good talents I could see the 2nd heroic being good too.

The one thing about the aoe taunt is that he's gotta walk into the enemy team to get a good one. Moshpit would not be nearly as good without power slide.

I wonder what his lvl 20s are.

Altairre

The pull ability might work with the taunt as well if you can manage to pull multiple people. Maybe you can talent into expanding the size of the pull field.

Garrosh Spotlight and page are up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_qEVW9I_A

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/garrosh/#?skin=son-of-hellscream

Haven't seen the vid yet but looks like a tank tank.

That's certainly something.

Whats with the current art, sound and design, looks less detailed and boring.

Also his kit is weird with his personality, garrosh is not even using his racial or his left arm or both arms to do something but his hearstone ability as a trait.

His Axe too, Q use the hand of the axe and his heroic simply swing it around and just that, not the double slam, or going berserker on the axe or axe buffs , just a grappler kit ? that a bizzare choice on Blizzard for Garrosh.

Some of these are pretty nuts:

[R1] Death Wish
Increase the duration of Warlord’s Challenge by 0.5 seconds. If an enemy Hero is killed while affected by Warlord’s challenge, its cooldown is reduced by 45 seconds.

-That's an AoE taunt every 5 seconds.

[Trait - D] Double Up
Armor Up can be activated to increase its Armor bonus by 100% for 3 seconds.

-This basically makes you invincible.

[Active] Indomitable
Activate to become Unstoppable for 1.5 seconds.

-How many characters can make themselves CC immune?

I am disappointed that you can't get both Heroic abilities, though. I would totally go for that.

kirblar

-How many characters can make themselves CC immune?
This is likely going to be a trend as they try and phase out Cleanse from most healers.

Moving it directly to tanks and off-supports like Zarya is a good thing.

scoobs

His ults are super uninteresting and his kit is not very flashy, but damn if throwing my teammates to their deaths won't be the best thing ever.

Kenai

I thought Garrosh looked boring until the trait about throwing allies too was explained. He's not too flashy but that's fine.

kirblar

I just saw the description for the Alt skin- it's actually Overwatch themed, it's a Mad Max concept to go w/ Junkrat/Roadhog.

edit: Holy shit he can throw D.Va's mech lolololol

No real movement skill on him so he has to literally walk up to enemies to do his taunt.

His talents are pretty good.
Alternatively, you pair him with another tank and throw them into the enemy team. Imagine just popping Arthas right into the enemy team in a way that splits them up a bit, and then you chop one away into your team.

kirblar

Alternatively, you pair him with another tank and throw them into the enemy team. Imagine just popping Arthas right into the enemy team in a way that splits them up a bit, and then you chop one away into your team.
Yeah, he's clearly going to want another frontline buddy, but that's fine. Tank + triple ranged hasn't been a normal thing for a very long time.

kirblar

Post on Reddit caught something cute w the recent hero releases that strongly suggests that the leak's accurate.

Death Malthael
Pestilence Stukov
War Garrosh
Famine ______ (but we know a guy who helped poison grain!)

Top Bottom