• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Awwwww jizz, got 50 chests!!!!

next week stuff

Upcoming Hero Sales
Dehaka — Sale Price: 375 Gems
Jaina — Sale Price: 250 Gems

The following Skins and Mounts will enter the Featured Item Rotation, and will be unlockable using Gems until next week's Collection Update:

Upcoming Featured Skins
Prototype Mecha Dehaka
Crimson Succubus Kerrigan
Kaldir Abathur
Quartz High Gravity Zarya
Albino Funny Bunny Murky
Cryo Spectre Tracer
Azure StormPunk Kael'thas
Crimson Apothecary Morales

Upcoming Featured Mounts
Rainbow Unicorn
Big Top Ringmaster's Pride

I wish abathur have more skins, so far he only have two but one is season locked till november

Alur

Over/under on first week threads of people complaining about Garrosh's trolling their teammates with the throw?

If you think about it going the other way, Garrosh is the first hero that allows you to get back at a BMer on your team without using chat.

Guess I've won 5 chests, unless it's something they gave to everyone. I'm not seeing any email.
They had 3 legendaries, Mecha Queen Kerrigan (the d.va one, I'm not sure that's its name) and 2 surfboards.

!!! the force is with you

brian!

Over/under on first week threads of people complaining about Garrosh's trolling their teammates with the throw?

If you think about it going the other way, Garrosh is the first hero that allows you to get back at a BMer on your team without using chat.

!!! the force is with you

I dunno how prevalent the actual trolling will be + it gives armor, but im sure there will be groups of ppl who will be loud as fuck

Ima just try to be this guy if it happens to me: https://youtu.be/kNWfqVWC2KI

Alur

arw2Kjt.gif

brian!

Math of the Storm:
"The prevalance of team-chucking has resulted in a net 27% increase in the ability of the community to dodge skillshots and as such we see a corresponding dip in winrate amongst these heroes..."

let's push with a 8 skull boss whle they have 92 and 2 camps, allowing them to defend as 5 and still end if we wipe at core.

Some people really suck at calling the shots but still insist on doing so. I said no but still went with the team.

Prelude.

Holy shit Anub'alisk, that's sick.

I was hoping for a Zerg mount :(

Kerrigan's portrait is pretty terrible too, feels bad. At least they finally added more SC portraits.

kirblar

If the leak list is correct, I wouldn't be shocked if Firebat ends up gender-swapped to a female pilot. Otherwise we've got 5 dudes in a row, which is... really sausuge-festy, even for HOTS.

brian!

let's push with a 8 skull boss whle they have 92 and 2 camps, allowing them to defend as 5 and still end if we wipe at core.

Some people really suck at calling the shots but still insist on doing so. I said no but still went with the team.

There's something i call in my head the "insist period" where someone makes an awful call but you still have time to suggest a better option (usually works) or insist that you do something else, but yeah once the countdown is done it's time to go w/ their call. It's called that because sometimes you're like "yo austin powers you're staying with two cards on a 5 are you sure you dont want to hit" and they're like "no...i think ill stay...i like to live dangerously"

If the leak list is correct, I wouldn't be shocked if Firebat ends up gender-swapped to a female pilot. Otherwise we've got 5 dudes in a row, which is... really sausuge-festy, even for HOTS.

This would be awesome
It's gonna be weird having firebat hit the guardians on braxis or zag's mutalisks lol

Prelude.

I'd like that more, but I feel like people really want the SC1 firebat.

Auriel doesnt even have a face but boob plates, as far as I know only males can be firebats, there are female marines now

Wait wtf, you can buy heroes with triangles?? I thought they were only for cosmetics!

Oh, right, Only skins.....welp, I guess I go buy some fancy skins for Li Ming.

I don't think he's different, but I never used them in SC2, so I said SC1 just to be sure.

Have the same lines and armor, not changed at all

Alavard

There was actually a hero version of the Firebat in the original Starcraft, named Gui Montag (yes, a play on the name of the protagonist from Fahrenheit 451). He was one of the protagonists in a mini-campaign Blizz put out later on. I think it would be cool if he was the Firebat hero we get.

Having said that, a female Firebat would also be fantastic.

brian!

Oh hey freedom dropped out of jake's tourney and nvt is replacing them

There was actually a hero version of the Firebat in the original Starcraft, named Gui Montag (yes, a play on the name of the protagonist from Fahrenheit 451). He was one of the protagonists in a mini-campaign Blizz put out later on. I think it would be cool if he was the Firebat hero we get.

Having said that, a female Firebat would also be fantastic.

Wouldnt mind this since it might signal a goliath or wraith hero, but female firebat sounds so cool

Really want the sound effects to be similar too, was sad artanis didnt get the sc1 zealot sound for his twin strike

Goddamn that Li Ming skin is gorgeous. I need it, the golden version. Valeera tint is also straight gas.
There's something i call in my head the "insist period" where someone makes an awful call but you still have time to suggest a better option (usually works) or insist that you do something else, but yeah once the countdown is done it's time to go w/ their call. It's called that because sometimes you're like "yo austin powers you're staying with two cards on a 5 are you sure you dont want to hit" and they're like "no...i think ill stay...i like to live dangerously"
Pretty much, said to defend sine we still had wall and keep and a way worse teamfight comp but then went bot anyway, even though he made the call he was so slow that he died with 3 others on the way to the core when I was already hitting the core with the boss.

QM makes it even worse because post 20 the superiority of comps especially in teamfights really comes to bear.

I've never read about Firebats being only males, from the manuals I remember that they're just ex-criminals.

and psychotics guys, on that time were the "candidates" were only males, survivors evolved into Reapers and Marauders in SCII which are still males.

There is a recent Blizzard comic released after the event of SC II events featuring diversification of that matter.

I think the only heroe Blizzard gender changed (and surprised me) was Sonya and Johanna , my bet was on the Male version of both but lorewise is correct I guess you can be male or female on DIII.

Alur

What exactly is with all the Li-Ming skin love over the past year or so? She's encroaching on the Nova/Stitches role of most skins for random reasons. I also don't think it's good enough to replace the volleyball skin. It is better than most of the Star Queen/Star Princess variants.

Makes me a little sad Anub finally got put in line before they released Anub'alisk. That shit is awesome.

Grommash's base skin has the Ragnaros thing going on. Buncha variations of the exact same color. Mad Axe looks great. Hope he's fun to play cause I want that skin and the mount.

I love the L800 ETC concept and will be glad if I get a tint (preferably the grey one). I do wish they'd go a little farther out there on his fur/hair colors, though. The blue one would be magnificent if not for him just being a plain brown/blonde cow beneath it.

Last but not least, I've always been one of the few stalwarts of the Flying Monkey Brightwing skin...but that portrait is goddamn nightmare fuel boys.

Alur

On my main it's Nazeebo > Valla > Rehgar > Brightwing (whom I've barely played for nearly two years now).

If you did all my accounts combined, it'd be...

EDIT: Actually looking at it, it's more like this:

Rehgar > Kharazim > Valla > Nazeebo > Murky > BW

my numbers are super skewed cuz i had some buddies i would play VS AI with but i think its something like...

Gul'dan > Chen > Zul'jin > KT (red)

scoobs

Dang, all that melee scoobs. How many games on Kerrigan and Illidan do you have?

All about the melee heroes, i played only melee classes in WoW too so I guess thats just my style. I like to fuck shit up. I play a really mean Kerrigan, decided I had to get good at that combo then I found out I love her whole kit

Kerrigan 148 games, 64% win rate
Zeebro 136, 61%
GM 125, 57%
Illidong 125, 54%
Artanis 117, 56%
Xul 112, 62%

Alur

OG version Kharazim winrate was at 73% at one point. Then they went and made him more like what people expected, and I haven't been able to play him full heals the same way since. feelsbadman

65% on Varian after 63 games. 63% on Rag after 50 games. Chen at 76.2% in 21 games on my main, and Dehaka at 71.9% in 32 games too.

Support is where my bread and butter is winrate wise, though.

Kharazim (70.4% in 52 games on one and 59.7% in 62 games on another account)
Uther (64.8% in 88 games all pre-rework)
Rehgar (67% in 142 games)
Li Li (62% in 66 games)
Tyrande (61% in 69 games)
BW (56.7% in 127 games...used to be like 63-65% til the trait nerf :()

Funny thing is I've got just a 50% winrate with Auriel and 42.4% winrate with Morales.

scoobs

OG version Kharazim winrate was at 73% at one point. Then they went and made him more like what people expected, and I haven't been able to play him full heals the same way since. feelsbadman

65% on Varian after 63 games. 63% on Rag after 50 games. Chen at 76.2% in 21 games on my main, and Dehaka at 71.9% in 32 games too.

Support is where my bread and butter is winrate wise, though.

Kharazim (70.4% in 52 games on one and 59.7% in 62 games on another account)
Uther (64.8% in 88 games all pre-rework)
Rehgar (67% in 142 games)
Li Li (62% in 66 games)
Tyrande (61% in 69 games)
BW (56.7% in 127 games...used to be like 63-65% til the trait nerf :()

Funny thing is I've got just a 50% winrate with Auriel and 42.4% winrate with Morales.
Just call him Bakery 2.0

Another skin for Garrosh leaks from the China event "Iron Horde Garrosh"... not shown in the development video for some reason? On mobile right now or I'd link the tweet, but it's on /r/Heroesofthestorm

Alur

I wish I was near that good. Probably a product of simply having a dedicated healer period in a lot of those games.

Top Bottom