• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes Reborn - Tim Kring gets a do-over

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with Chuck and the first flare, I don't think the writers understand size and distance. It would have been a few million miles away still, if it was close enough for Chuck to affect it the Earth was already screwed.

Same with the second and that beam of light that went into it, would have been travelling millions of miles.

PreFire

While it wasn't the best, it was refreshing to watch.

A lot of weird cringy shit, but who cares?

I liked young Nathan/Tommy. Great actor honestly. Anyone not American who can pull off a convincing American accent gets two thumbs up from me. Also, Dude looks super young for his age

Poor Noah. At the end of the day, he loved his adoptive grandchildren without even knowing them. Sacrificed himself

Idk why it ended the way it did though. It felt so fucking weird.. Like the scene was cut short. I was waiting for a post credits scene.

And how do we know Chuck died? It could just be a second level to his ability. Maybe he can turn into solar energy and materialize when he learns to. Not that it fucking matters.

And why the hell are some of you bringing up papa patrelli? I despise that son of a bitch. My main dude was always peter and when he left him powerless it made me sick lol. Power sharing is way better than complete power draining.

I'd really love to see a heroes movie with Sylar and Peter..

Also. Wtf. Show felt so weird without Mohinder narrating the outro

Future

I just realized why was Parkman screaming for help he couldn't use his powers to find someone?

Parkman is always written in ways that don't use his abilities well. That whole scene in the previous episode where he was holding a gun to the boss woman daughter to get results cracked me up.... Why didn't he just mind control the boss and get the information, watches, etc?

jwk94

Sadly the cliffhanger was more interesting than the entire plotline of this miniseries...
It really is. I mean we've seen the dude's and girl Claire had a thing for. None of them were bad people. How did this girl fuck up so badly that she slept with an evil guy? I want to know who he is and what happened to my Sylar and Peter bromance. Also, Peter not mentioning Ando once really sucks.

Remember sylar had shape shifting abilities so it's not out of the relm that he could be the father, would explain why the twins were op...

But why would he sleep with Claire?

pariah164

I liked young Nathan/Tommy. Great actor honestly. Anyone not American who can pull off a convincing American accent gets two thumbs up from me. Also, Dude looks super young for his age

Poor Noah. At the end of the day, he loved his adoptive grandchildren without even knowing them. Sacrificed himself

And how do we know Chuck died? It could just be a second level to his ability. Maybe he can turn into solar energy and materialize when he learns to. Not that it fucking matters.
He's NOT American? Damn. Yeah, his acting was the best on the show, next to HRG. I hope he gets some work after this and doesn't remain trapped in Tim Kring hell. If Hiro and Parkman can break free, he can too. I also really liked Miko and Ren, as characters and as a couple.
They were cute, okay. Don't judge me.

Noaaaaah. ;_; I got the feeling he would bite it by the end, but I'm still sad it happened. At least that seals the show's fate. There is no Heroes without HRG or Hiro, as far as I'm concerned.

You're right, it doesn't matter, but with so many dropping like flies in this finale, it's safe to assume he's dead.

PreFire

He's NOT American? Damn. Yeah, his acting was the best on the show, next to HRG. I hope he gets some work after this and doesn't remain trapped in Tim Kring hell. If Hiro and Parkman can break free, he can too. I also really liked Miko and Ren, as characters and as a couple.
They were cute, okay. Don't judge me.

Noaaaaah. ;_; I got the feeling he would bite it by the end, but I'm still sad it happened. At least that seals the show's fate. There is no Heroes without HRG or Hiro, as far as I'm concerned.

You're right, it doesn't matter, but with so many dropping like flies in this finale, it's safe to assume he's dead.
Lol yeah, Tommy/Nathan actor is Robbie Kay. He's British. When I saw one of his interviews my jaw dropped when he spoke lol

He actually turns 21 this year. Not bad for a guy playing a 16 year old (and looking like it) on tv. It's probably why they cast a girl who's 18 as his girlfriend (whose character is 16)

I'm always impressed when European actors pull off such great American accents. Idris Elba had me fooled in the wire, until I met him in person. He was actually DJing at a lounge I was in. The guy from House, Hugh Laurie fooled me too.

Besides Mark Hamill, there aren't too many American actors I know of (off the top of my head) who can pull off a British accent throughout an entire movie that British people are impressed by. In fact, they usually find everything wrong with it lol

Lol is there an American Accent 101 class for all these British and European actors?

pariah164

Lol yeah, Tommy/Nathan actor is Robbie Kay. He's British. When I saw one of his interviews my jaw dropped when he spoke lol

He actually turns 21 this year. Not bad for a guy playing a 16 year old (and looking like it) on tv. It's probably why they cast a girl who's 18 as his girlfriend (whose character is 16)
Holy hell. He does NOT look 21. At ALL. Well, at least now I can say I thought he was cute without looking/feeling like a creeper.

Please share for research purposes.

For science!

fMjevhK.gif

vzoYy1r.gif

so wait? They didn't know they were getting cancelled?

I think they only wanted one season to close the series. I don't know why they even left us off with a cliffhanger tbh. There might be comics or novels, games, or movies to close it off entirely I'm assuming. We honestly don't know dude.

Yeah I didn't think of that. They're could be a tie-in game or something.

I remember when the original show was on, they had a web series running simultaneous to the show that I never watched.

With them killing off pretty much every character played by an expensive actor, it would be pretty easy to continue the show that way.

WillyFive

Although the premise behind the show ended up being rather cool, what a disaster this whole thing has been. Atrocious writing, directing, and special effects. The writing alone for the final episode was so stupid, they really had no idea how to solve the stories they had come up with and just did total nonsense (like having a single person fly up and somehow make a solar flare disappear [!!!]).

Slayven

Although the premise behind the show ended up being rather cool, what a disaster this whole thing has been. Atrocious writing, directing, and special effects. The writing alone for the final episode was so stupid, they really had no idea how to solve the stories they had come up with and just did total nonsense (like having a single person fly up and somehow make a solar flare disappear [!!!]).

I blame Lost

This is likely going to be tough, but does anyone know where I can find footage of specific scenes from this show online without pirating it? I'm just curious to see some of the hospital-based scenes, because it was filmed in a place I've visited.

So, in memoriam, let's count the dead (nameless peons need not apply):

Erica - Trapped in the future by Tommy and erased from existence
Harris - Killed by Miko's Evernow clone
Erica's programmer dude (cannot remember his name) - Shanked by Otomo
Phoebe - shot out the clock tower by Quentin
Noah Bennet/HRG - predestined fate, used as the conduit for Malina and Tommy's power for the second flare
Caspar: Shot and killed by Joanne
Claire Bennet - Died in childbirth due to Tommy's power stealing ability
Luke - Sacrificed himself to stop the first flare
Joanne - Killed by Luke after attempting to kill Malina
Miko Otomo (construct) - destroyed along with the Evernow game world
Mauricio Chavez - Shot by a Renautus guard while attempting to free the evos from Parkman's creepy mind camp
Mohinder - Killed by Renautus

Unknown fates:

Matt Parkman - Likely dead, crashed his car and was last seen trapped inside
Taylor Kravid - Walked away after refusing her mother's offer, whereabouts unknown
Hiro Nakamura - Presumed deceased, supposedly died fighting off Harris clones that came looking for Tommy

I think that's everyone?

You forgot Deering!

(We don't know his fate.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom