• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HGV packed with bodies of 39 ‘mass murder victims’ at Essex

So sad and horrible 😢

Such a terrible waste of life. Feel hollow inside that we live in a world that our leaders allow this to happen and others actually make money from these tragic events.

truly we live in very divided times and we seem to becoming more secluded and tribal, than coming together as a species and seeking to better ourselves and our brothers & sisters out there

there is a lot of healing needed out there, not just now. but for decades to come (especially with the path we seem to be on just now)

Thaedolus

Gold Member
They keep posting "Murder" everywhere, but this looks more like manslaughter. Some moron thought there would be enough air in that container for the whole trip. It happens all the time all over the world.

I thought so too but uhhh...the thing has a refrigeration unit that can hit -25C? It’s possible the guy did it on purpose.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Knowing nothing about this, was he being paid to smuggle these people or is this like the Calais port issue where migrants are breaking into these trucks?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I thought so too but uhhh...the thing has a refrigeration unit that can hit -25C? It’s possible the guy did it on purpose.
It's much more important to know what the operating temperature was. 40 degrees faranheit is much different than -13 degrees farenheit, especially if you are properly prepared for 40 degrees. Is there air in a truck refrigeration unit?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Why would you haul a truckload of refugicicles all the way from Bulgaria if the goal was to freeze them to death en route? Seems like an easy way to get caught.

Why does anyone commit mass murder? Fuck if I know. Could’ve been an accident for sure, that does happen all the time

lil puff

Whatever it ends up being, murder or manslaughter, with 39 bodies, it is 39 counts of death.

I hope they find and penalize all involved. I imagine this dude was on the lowest end of this trafficking chain, or whatever this is.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
it can certainly lead to murder and other heinous shit, but itself is not murder
How so? Most of the time people die when they are being transported like hotdogs. They are already committing a serious crime on top of another either way.

Tesseract

Banned
How so? Most of the time people die when they are being transported like hotdogs. They are already committing a serious crime on top of another either way.

sheep could probably elucidate here since i'm no legal junkie

p. sure intent is what makes the difference in cases where people are killed

yer right tho they are committing a fucked up crime, throw the book at them

Last edited:

JimmyJones

Banned
Pretty fucked up how they've plastered the Irish driver's face all over the news when he most likely had nothing to do with it.

Kadayi

Banned
Feel hollow inside that we live in a world that our leaders allow this to happen and others actually make money from these tragic events.

This is a tragedy, but I fail to see how it's the fault of any 'leaders' versus a bunch of opportunistic people smugglers tbh.

lil puff

This is a tragedy, but I fail to see how it's the fault of any 'leaders' versus a bunch of opportunistic people smugglers tbh.
The fact that these people are vulnerable to life conditions that lead them to this situation in the 1st place. Seems like oppression on both ends.

I mean when this is the most viable opportunity available, something's wrong that the common folk can't escape.

Kadayi

Banned
The fact that these people are vulnerable to life conditions that lead them to this situation in the 1st place. Seems like oppression on both ends.

I mean when this is the most viable opportunity available, something's wrong that the common folk can't escape.

So everything is simply fate?

• The container was registered in Varna, Bulgaria
  • The cab was registered in Northern Ireland
  • The driver was from Northern Ireland
  • the Cab was a refrigerated unit, down to -25 degrees celcius
  • All of the people on board are dead.
This isn't a botched smuggling job. This is black market organ transplants.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Do you believe that everything that happens in a person's life is outside their control? That what happens to them is pre-ordained?
giphy.gif

Prison Mike

Banned
Do you believe that everything that happens in a person's life is outside their control? That what happens to them is pre-ordained?
It comes down to the lottery of birth u find urself born in Europe states etc chances are if you find yourself in a lorry in Essex you made bad life choices born in 3rd world or war torn countries chances are that truck was a viable option

Scotty W

Gold Member
If he intended to do this, it does seem strange that, from what I can gather, he seems to have been travelling to his destination.

Lanrutcon

It comes down to the lottery of birth u find urself born in Europe states etc chances are if you find yourself in a lorry in Essex you made bad life choices born in 3rd world or war torn countries chances are that truck was a viable option

Yup, it's the sad truth of the world.

jdforge

Banned
If he intended to do this, it does seem strange that, from what I can gather, he seems to have been travelling to his destination.

It’s pretty obvious that the driver hasn’t done this. What’s not obvious is if he knew he was collecting a container full of dead bodies.

Social media in Northern Ireland amongst his friends and families and many other HGV Drivers are protesting his innocence.

Either way the media should not have released his name until such times as charges were made against him. At the moment he’s being questioned.

But his life is fucked is he’s innocent.

tkscz

I mean, it looks like manslaughter if he was aware of what the cargo was and if he wasn't aware, boy better start snitching his ass off.

Top Bottom