• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH |OT| Dance to the Tango (Game Works)

GymWolf

Try it. The game won't punish you too much for being out of sync.
There are also lots of visual and sound cues that should help you stay on the rhythm.
Thanks for the advice but nah, I just absolutely hate the concept of rythm games no matter how forgiving they are.

Maybe i'm gonna give it a chance next time gamepass has the 1 euro for a month deal.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
people are horny

do you actually look at the notification bar? Did steve jobs really die for this?

Anyways game looks really nice. But not interested in Rhythm QTE gameplay.
It's not qte. It's an action game but if you combo to the rhythm you get a damage boost and is integral to making it feel amazing.
Above all I’m impressed with how the game looks, it’s so pretty and you can feel the strong art direction. It’s the best looking cel shaded game ever, tied with recent ArcSys games but they’re not full 3D.

Never expected Tango to have that kind of talent, big kudos to them.

Yup, looks incredible.

Mattyp

Gold Member
With a soundtrack that has like 90% licensed music and gameplay that's completely tied to its music is there any point to actually streaming this game?
It has streamer mode which you can enable to disable all the licenced music and sub in their own creations for the game.

Only got around to this late, played a few other games first then wow. Out of no where this game. First level took me close to an hour and I have to switch it off for work tomorrow but know what title I’m coming back to first.

I can’t believe this drop, no leaks no nothing of a game of this calibre? How??

Astray

Gold Member
Is it just me or does this game have some weird... "Dreamcast vibes"?

I dunno, it looks nice and seems to have a lot of charm. Will definetly play at some point, probably pretty soon.
That's genuinely the thing that attracts me the most to this game.

Microsoft needs to lean more into this style of gaming and they will slowly but surely claw back their position in the market.

oldergamer

That's genuinely the thing that attracts me the most to this game.

Microsoft needs to lean more into this style of gaming and they will slowly but surely claw back their position in the market.
I totally agree! Its the area they have been lacking for a number of years. I'm honestly sick of first person shooter games and love stylistic visuals. This is the start of a new franchise for them, and it was worth the wait (that we were unware of.)

They better start with the TV commercials on this game.

RGB'D

Yeah, I skipped the previous gen, but I have a lot of Xbox and Xbox 360 digital titles on my Live account. I can go back and replay Radiant Silvergun again, Lost Odyssey, among a lot of other games. There’s also the ability to use Retroarch that is a very attractive proposition...

I’ll definitely get the X. Just gotta be patient.

Appreciate the feedback, all.
You could try making an account and subbing to gamepass for PC or XCloud in the meantime to play. I hadn't tried cloud gaming in a couple years and was impressed with how well its working now.

Riky

$MSFT
4k 60fps on Series X
1440p 60fps on Series S

c9EjurE.jpg

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I couldn't work out how Patapon worked.

Will I be able to play this one?

Might install it anyways cause it's on GP.
It's extremely forgiving. Tap your foot while playing. Everything is tapping in the game. 1, 2, 3, 4. 1, 2, 3, 4. It's only down beats. Honestly pretty simple, but I'm a rhythm game veteran.

You want to be relaxed and not button mash, stay totally chill while people are attacking so that you're able to wait for the beat, dodge on the beat, and not rush itetc. Ends up feeling very unique.

mdkirby

This kind of dialogue isn't exactly new. At least with TV. It wasn't uncommon back in the 90's to hear something like this. This game is obviously inspired by Saturday morning cartoons like stuff you'd find on Jetix.
Yeah in fairness this is probably the one game of the 3 I cited where it’s not as out of place. What riled me was I saw 3 trailers in the same day with that sort of crap.

That said tho, it’s not exactly like 90s cartoons were well written masterpieces 🤣

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just realised that this probably won't see a physical release - same as Pentiment. Will Xbox move away from them apart from their biggest releases?

Billbofet

If anyone is writing this off as a "rhythm game", don't. It's a third person action platformer with rhythm mechanics. Hitting in rhythm boosts your attacks and sets up combos.
Agreed. The rhythm part is a bonus on top of a pretty solid action platformer. I'm terrible at rhythm games, so my cue has been to hit the button when my first strike hits. That has worked best for me so far. Good stuff!!!

AJUMP23

Pretty fun game so far. Played level one, enjoyed it started level two and got the magnet. I think it is a decent game. Looks great.

Top Bottom