• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideaki Itsuno to announce a new game in 2017

ezekial45

Banned
I'd much rather have Dragon's Dogma 2. DD found a great audience on PC, and I really want them to give the series another chance.

Itsuno is good people, so whatever he's working on I'm sure it'll be great.

Honestly, I feel like DMC3/4 have still never been topped in terms of sheer combat potential. Bayonetta are super flashy and easy to pick up, but the skill ceiling on DMC3/4 is ridiculous.

Bayonetta at it's simplest makes you look like a badass playing it, while to truly master DMC3/4 requires stupid amounts of time and precision. Not to say Bayonetta doesn't have depth. I love Platinum but their combat revels in the ridiculous and easy to use. I guess that's why they have more appeal than the DMC series. Hell DMC: Devil May Cry's combat was inspired by that style.

Easy to control, that's all I ask.

1 button each for melee, range, special, jump, dodge, block.

Easy to pick up, that's all I ask.

1 button each for melee, range, special, jump, dodge, block.

Personally, I think they may just add another character for accessibility. Kinda like Nero. He was much easier to use than Dante or Virgil.

So that way, people who enjoy a character that east to pick up, that will be there. People who want crazy combos Dante/Virgil will be there.

Personally, I think they may just add another character for accessibility. Kinda like Nero. He was much easier to use than Dante or Virgil.

So that way, people who enjoy a character that east to pick up, that will be there. People who want crazy combos Dante/Virgil will be there.

Sorry, I meant easy to 'control'. There's more than enough buttons that you don't need to stick to the old schemes. Let the basic actions like melee, range, special, jump, dodge, block be doable with a single button each- particularly the defensive options.

DMCV

V stands for Vergil.

V stands for Vengeance.

Devil May Cry, with a Vengeance

decisions

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH

HERE WE GO. DMC5 or decisions WILL CRY.

There is no single game announcement based on premise alone that would get me more excited than DMC5. Bring the hype. Bring the challenge. Bring the style.

It's been a long nine years.

DMCV

V stands for Vergil.

X1vmnon.gif

Defuser

If it's DMC5, we win.

If it's Dragon Dogma 2, we win.

If it's not both, we kinda still win because a Hideaki Itsuno game will still be good.

Jawmuncher

Hopefully DmC2.

tumblr_mhahmba4dI1rp16h7o2_500.gif

A reveal of DmC 2 with Itsuno directing would be one of the weirdest threads ever here on GAF. You'd have a lot of outrage sure, but you'd have a lot of "But it is Itsuno working on it....."
Would be a big monkey paw style wish for a lot of people though. Oh yeah we're getting a new Itsuno DMC! But it's DmC2.

decisions

I think it'll be before that. I feel like capcom kinda wants to stick to reveal and release in about a year

I like the way you think. When was the Tweet when he announced work had begun on his next project? Was that two or three years now? If it's closer to three I think you might be right.

AAK

Please be a new IP and not a sequel to something.

Now that I said my piece let's see the flood of Bollywood GIFs.

jett

D-Member
I don't see the point in reviving DMC. I'd like a new ip, maybe with a story foundation that's not absolute crap.

Jawmuncher

Eh, before that would either mean E3 or a random day and i think at E3 the focus will be Remake 2 and nothing else( RE7 DLC ?).

This will have supposedly been in dev longer, and it's not unheard of for a company to reveal two games around the same time.

Especially since as an example RE7 and DR4 were both announced at E3. Even if they were at different conferences.

There are plenty of times when asking for a new IP is valid.

This is not one of them.

Your genie wish to Valve would not be a new IP.

silva1991

I want DMC5, but a brand new character action game will be much better and Itsuno knows how to make action game with deep combat.

Last time got so excited for a new character action game was Bayonetta.

TreIII

I don't see the point in reviving DMC. I'd like a new ip, maybe with a story foundation that's not absolute crap.

Disagree with that much.

The main problem with DMC, at least narrative-wise, is that this series hasn't been able to have the chance to move on past storybeats pertaining to the first game. Mundus. Sparda's legacy. Dante's long-lost (and somewhat sinister) twin, and what he left behind. And then we get the reboot that did that shit all over again, only slightly worse.

If we finally got a game that finally let Dante and pals tackle new threats that have little or nothing to do with Sparda anymore, jettisoned the last of the series RE-based roots (fixed camera angles, puzzles, etc.), and had storytelling that was as good as 3's? They'd have an adequate point to just start anew.

Top Bottom