• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideki Kamiya annoyed on twitter, tells fanboy to use his own brain

Torment

Banned
Hoping that game ends up in pc. Would rather not listen to a bunch of idiots bragging about an Xbox exclusive in a podcast for 3 straight hours.

Sounds like you would rather say, MS has no exclusives.. I highly doubt this title ends up on PC or anywhere else. The hype alone will keep this exclusive.

vypek

How many posts can this thread take before it fully goes the way of the Tomb Raider threads? Seems pretty close already and preparing for a lock.

So to get a little back on topic, it seems that Kamiya has a really strong artistic vision and hates when stuff is changed. I guess he gets annoyed easily. I have to wonder if he is always being serious or just screwing around with people because he enjoys it.

People have the freedom to produce and say whatever they want on their podcasts. Who are you to judge? Actually calling out a particular podcast for no good reason? This isn't the place for that. What disgusting behavior...

People have the freedom to produce and say whatever they want on their podcasts. Who are you to judge? Actually calling out a particular podcast for no good reason? This isn't the place for that. What disgusting behavior...

Hyperbole much? Besides, that one in particular isn't known for fair, or even factual discourse. Hell, there's blatant racism that goes on. I retract my statement regardless though. I apologize.

vypek

Well, to play devils advocate: Dreadx_Jecht is free to post his opinions and says what he wants about any topic. Although, NeoGAF isn't required to be that platform or even allow Dreadx_Jecht to continue being a member based on his behavior and/or posts. But he still has the (kind of) freedom to do so. And there would be no reason for him not to be able to judge. Any of us is free to criticize and critique on relevant topics. GAF will call our developers, publishers, individual posters, blogs, websites, streams, streamers, podcasts, et cetera... GAF is kind of the place for that even though I doubt its the main intention.

But again, this whole thing is getting off topic now...Lets try not get the thread killed?

Mesoian

...seriously?

We're the audience. It makes the MOST sense for us to be critical.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I don't know, these tweets kind of make me like him a little more, heh. It feels like he's that type of drama queen that is too sensitive and overreacts to everything, but once you get to know them personally, you see that they are just passionate about their work.
The tweets where he lashes out at people is 50/50, maybe he takes a lot of abuse from Twitter and he associates all those who tweet him as those type of scumbags, so he doesn't refrain from telling as he thinks. Or maybe he's just an ass in real life, but I kind of doubt that.

Hyperbole much? Besides, that one in particular isn't known for fair, or even factual discourse. Hell, there's blatant racism that goes on. I retract my statement regardless though. I apologize.

This thread has nothing to do with that particular podcast, you only brought it up to try to justify your port begging.

I see people are still going at it after I already apologized for my statement. Whatever though.

That's not how it works, haha. You can't say something incredibly inappropriate, do a drive-by apology and expect everyone to just forget what you wrote. You don't talk to people much, do you? Lol.

But yeah this thread is getting off-topic, but then again that's the trademark of this thread, lol.

L Thammy

What the hell is going on. I feel like I should rant about how Scalebound should be Nintendo exclusive just to even things out.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I understood the whole story here. So Scalebound's going to be at Gamescom, and Microsoft wants Kamiya to be there. But they don't want him to say anything, they just want to show off his beautiful bald ass and exploit his Internet popularity or something. Is that it? It seems like such a minor, easy-to-fix issue. Even if you want to be really careful about your message, just get your PR people to talk to Kamiya and figure out something for him to say. Or don't bring him in at all, let him continue working while you show off whatever you're going to show off.

At any rate. Kamiya was pissed off at Nintendo for changing Bayonetta 2's cover art and for not advertising The Wonderful 101 aggressively enough. That hasn't ruined Platinum's relationship with Nintendo, and I don't think there's any sign that it's ruined Kamiya's relationship with Nintendo. He still said that they respected his creativity and he'd work with them again. So I don't see why Microsoft can't salvage this situation.

Mesoian

Game developers should just live in abandoned mines, only stepping into the human world to stand on stage at E3.

Because god forbid that people have personality.

I still find those people who refuse to play Fez solely because of articles on Phil Fish to be the most insane.

orochi91

Graveyard on the last page.

I think we're reading too much into Kamiya's tweet.

Worst case scenario, he never works with MS again, but that just means someone else at Platinum will do it.

Wereroku

Graveyard on the last page.

I think we're reading too much into Kamiya's tweet.

Worst case scenario, he never works with MS again, but that just means someone else at Platinum will do it.

It's probably just annoying to travel to gamescom and then just stand there for a few minutes before heading back. I would probably be pissed as well.

That's not how it works, haha. You can't say something incredibly inappropriate, do a drive-by apology and expect everyone to just forget what you wrote. You don't talk to people much, do you? Lol.

But yeah this thread is getting off-topic, but then again that's the trademark of this thread, lol.

Quite presumptuous aren't we? Lmao I'm done.

Walpurgis

Banned
I don't understand what is wrong with the post that included the youtube channel that everyone is freaking out about and quoting. Did you guys edit out an image of a dead puppy that was in the original post or something?

L Thammy

I don't understand what is wrong with the post that included the youtube channel that everyone is freaking out about and quoting. Did you guys edit out an image of a dead puppy that was in the original post or something?

Look at the other quoted posts. The guy posted that he wanted Scalebound on PC to shut up Xbox fanboys, then attempted to prove that Xbox fans were whiny by linking some fanboy's YouTube channel. Which isn't really representative or anything, there are obnoxious fanboys for every system everywhere.

Anyway, he admitted that his posts were poorly thought out, so hopefully we can leave it there.

Walpurgis

Banned
Look at the other quoted posts. The guy posted that he wanted Scalebound on PC to shut up Xbox fanboys, then attempted to prove that Xbox fans were whiny by linking some fanboy's YouTube channel. Which isn't really representative or anything, there are obnoxious fanboys for every system everywhere.

Anyway, he admitted that his posts were poorly thought out, so hopefully we can leave it there.
Oh, that makes a lot more sense. :p

Roto13

What the hell kind of dumbass metathread is this?

Let's leave all that dumb shit on the last couple of pages and get back to dissecting everything Kamiya tweets.

Top Bottom