• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima blog: Official English version open

Lakitu

st5fu
Albeit very behind but they will be updated gradually for people to read, and the site itself will stay up if we visit the site and read the blog so I thought I should tell you all, they're indeed very interesting.

The site itself is here: http://www.blog.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/

So go now and visit often please so the site can stay up :) otherwise they'll see no use for it and just dump it!

Xrenity

That's a pretty boring blog actually.

He didn't even answer the question 'Why is snake old?'.
Wouldn't mind if this blog stopped :\

Lakitu

st5fu
Xrenity said:

It gets interesting later on actually, he mentions the new PSP game they're working on, about meeting Frank Miller, about going to military training and more, and tidbits to do with his games.

gogogow

Awesome!
I've actually already read some translations before and they are quite interesting, talking about movies, game production, new projects, daily life etc.
Will visit it regurlarly!

Wollan

I told him I am a big fan of Jessica Alba, who plays Nancy. With a joking smile he responded: "All men are big fans of Jessica Alba.”
:lol

There's some kind of black magic in this blog, I can't post the images here or save them to my hd.

Xrenity said:

Why answer a question that most people know the answer to already?

He's given out alot of interesting info in his blogs. From what they're doing during the training for MGS4, to announcing he's working on a new PSP game and basically confirming a release of Subsistence's 3rd disc outside of Japan.

eso76

i like it, for some reason i like knowing what Kojima thinks and does in his private life.
I like reading his random thoughts, i find them interesting.
But then again i am a Kojima fanboy.

john tv

Boring? I think the guy is incredibly fascinating. I hope he can continue to update like this even during major crunch times. Wonderful stuff, seriously.

Speaking of blogs, it looks like Murata quit doing his (Murashu's Trek). He recently got shot in the face (nothing bad though) while doing their MGS4 training. Okamura (ZOE director and MGA producer) took over for him.

I guess now we can leave him messages personally asking him to include the third disc for Subsistence. Plus, what's up with the lack of an RSS feed?

Simo

SnowWolf said:
Are these just direct translations of his Japanese blog?

Well they're actually translations from the group, DELTAHEAD, that was providing the translations for the fans and community un-officially. If the English version of the blog receives enough hits and interest then the rest of Kojima's current and future entries will be translated.

BigBoss

mrkapawutzis said:
I guess now we can leave him messages personally asking him to include the third disc for Subsistence. Plus, what's up with the lack of an RSS feed?

The third disc will be included, in one of the recent blogs Kojima said that they had recently finished recording the english dialogue. Apparently theres going to be a narrator on the third disc as well.

J2 Cool

This stuff is great. Just straight thoughts, rather than trying to speak to us. Feels more personal and thoughtful that way

I told him I am a big fan of Jessica Alba, who plays Nancy. With a joking smile he responded: "All men are big fans of Jessica Alba.” He is a marvelous gentleman with great, intelligent sensibilities.

When we use the magic of digital technology we give a dynamic sense of movement – a liveliness – to a comic. We can create a world that hitherto was impossible.

I agree with this. There's always a bit of surreal and a bit of more interest taken in something digital.

I would like to see the film Bewitched but at Roppongi Hills the movie is scheduled to run only during the daytime. I still haven't been able to see it. The film will run in the theaters until September 30th. I won't have time to see it before then I suppose. But I want to see Nicole!

I'm so busy with MGS3, so no movie tonight. Goodbye, Nicole.

Around midnight I check the sound on third chapter of the third Subsistence disc. It is a quick chapter with a lot of action and features boss fights with Ocelot and The Pain. The chapter doesn't have much character to it. It sounds cool to say that it's a chapter with non-stop action that doesn't let the audience catch their breath, but in fact, it's just a chapter in which two abnormal opponents appear and show off.

That's just part of the character of the MGS universe.

When I watch it, not as a game, but as a linear stream of events, I notice that it seems similar to an American comic. Listening to the game with Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound I feel as though I were amid a swarm of bees.

"PAIN!"

Hehe, that's pretty funny he's slightly bashing a part of his own game. Also makes me want to play through MGS3 in 5.1 surround sound. Forgot all about that being a feature...

The date just changed; it is now September 30, 2005. Today is the last day of the first half of my year. To ease my current depressed mood I listen to The Editors' "The Black Room," which I borrowed from Mr. Kurano.

Although I can't completely get rid of my sense of loneliness, I can still say that I had a good day.

:(

J2 Cool

Seems translated. They actually have a japanese one for every day up till today. Lucky bastards. I want to spend a new day with Kojima everyday!

CVXFREAK said:
So does he blog himself in English or is it translated by him?

He blogs in Japanese, a company called DELTAHEAD started translating his blogs and put it on their site. A few days after they started someone from Kojima Productions contacted them and asked if they'd like them to start hosing their translations on the official site.

Hopefully they get around to translating Murata's blog while he did it. All he really talked about was MGS4 and ZOE2. Kojima's all over the place. :p

J2 Cool

Yeah, I thought about that. That would be sweet to read daily blogs from the team. Or video journals with subtitles but they don't have time for that I'm sure.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
with all the work they're doing with the 3rd subsistence disc, it better come to the U.S. :|

cool blog though, definitely will be reading each entry

jenov4

Yeah I've already read these entries that were unofficially translated. It's still great to see this up and running. I have this stuff bookmarked as well.

The guy has really detailed information and I'm 100% sure these things must take a lot of his time to do. This dude rocks!@

Wario64 said:
with all the work they're doing with the 3rd subsistence disc, it better come to the U.S. :|

He mentioned in his Thursday blog that they were gathering the English voices for the 3rd disc. So that could mean that its being released here.

Here's a few more of their training pics

mgs4training8nx.jpg

mgs4training21rw.jpg

mgs4training37wr.jpg

And here's Murata's wound from getting shot

mgs4training18yz.jpg

black_13

Banned
heh, these blogs were originaly posted by a certain three member group who had their own website with these translations on it. They did it for free though.

Then just last week on their website they said they had been contacted by Kojima Productions as they were interested in using their english translations on the officila blog website and hence now they are there.

But they also mentioned that if the english versions don't get enough hits, they are not going to bother translating them anymore.

black_13 said:
heh, these blogs were originaly posted by a certain three member group who had their own website with these translations on it. They did it for free though.

Then just last week on their website they said they had been contacted by Kojima Productions as they were interested in using their english translations on the officila blog website and hence now they are there.

But they also mentioned that if the english versions don't get enough hits, they are not going to bother translating them anymore.

Well that certainly would suck.

Sinn Fein

No kidding, this thread needs more attention. Everyone hammer that page constantly and read up. I've read the DELTA translations up till like Oct. 1 or 2 when they were contacted by Kojima Prod. and took them down so the official site could put them up.

It's interesting how it says: 'Pre-Open'.

Anyway, I want them to catch up quick so I can get my fix of Subsistence info via the most recent info and Kojima-activities.

Lakitu

st5fu
It really gets alot more interesting later on too, and he delves into much more deeper subjects rather than just MGS, they're such great reads, I hope they put up the rest soon. It needs to stay alive!

eso76

CVXFREAK said:
So does he blog himself in English or is it translated by him?

A friend of mine who interviewed Kojima once told me his english is quite poor.
It must be a translation and i don't think he's doing that.

Xrenity

Xrenity said:

lol, I didn't even click the 'read whole post' link.

I thought the whole post of that day was 'It really feels like autumn'.

I feel so stupid right now :p

Sinn Fein

Lakitu said:
It really gets alot more interesting later on too, and he delves into much more deeper subjects rather than just MGS, they're such great reads, I hope they put up the rest soon. It needs to stay alive!

How far have you read? Are there translations of more recent stuff that I don't know about, or do you just read Japanese?

Lakitu

st5fu
Sinn Fein said:
How far have you read? Are there translations of more recent stuff that I don't know about, or do you just read Japanese?

I've been translating some stuff but really I've read no more than you have and I don;t know Japanese.

BigBoss said:
The third disc will be included, in one of the recent blogs Kojima said that they had recently finished recording the english dialogue. Apparently theres going to be a narrator on the third disc as well.

Yessss! But I won't believe it till I'm actually holding it in my greasy little mitts.

Lakitu

st5fu
Is it just me or is the blog down? I hope they didn't remove it :( last time I checked it had over 30,000 visitors.

Lakitu said:
Is it just me or is the blog down? I hope they didn't remove it :( last time I checked it had over 30,000 visitors.

The English blog uses the same visitor number as his Japanese blog so you can't really tell how many visits its had.

BigBoss said:
do you know if you need to pre-order to get it in the US or not?

BigBoss

Guy LeDouche said:
do you know if you need to pre-order to get it in the US or not?

The TGS trailer said that only the first shipment would include the 3rd disk so I'd pre-order just to be safe. Thats what I'm going to do once Konami announces the release date.

Top Bottom