• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima Will Make an “Important Announcement” Tomorrow

This is just a push to get more listeners on the show; he won't make a major reveal.

So to all hype-generators I say:

wtf-are-you-doing-cat.png

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
I hope its SOME metal gear game for the PC finally.

But I'm sure I will be disappointed.

ahhh the memories... I remember playing mgs2 on the pc when it was released and without the analogue buttons of the dualshock it was a pain to point the gun and retract it without shooting...

"I'll say stuff at E3. Probably about Metal Gear. See ya guys!"

I'm expecting something like that. Kojima is the Molyneux of announcements I guess. :p

Kolma

Metal Gear HD collection with Twin snake on wii U ;)

Instant buy.
An MGS Trilogy for Wii U would be great. They can use Twin Snakes like stated.
And instead of the pure HD version of MGS3 throw in the stuff from 3DS version like hidden Yoshis

He's making the next Silent Hill game. (Wishful dreaming)

While I don't know if he has the right stuff to make a horror game I would certainly love to see him try a Silent Hill game. It couldn't be worse than the games that have come out in the past few years, especially Book of Memories.

ahm998

Instant buy.
An MGS Trilogy for Wii U would be great. They can use Twin Snakes like stated.
And instead of the pure HD version of MGS3 throw in the stuff from 3DS version like hidden Yoshis

Still i want Rising on wii U with motion plus.

Dremark

Banned
I'm surprised people don't think Ground Zeroes will be included with Phantom Pain.

Not including Ground Zeroes will adversely effect your total consumer base as not everyone will have bought and played that game. Ground Zeroes is integral to the story and Konami will want to target 100% of potential consumers.

They haven't officially announced it yet as doing so would cannibalize sales of Ground Zeroes.

It would would be a knife in the back of thier most loyal customers. They could easily put a couple of text screens explaining what happened like they did with MGS3 and PW in Ground zeroes. It's not going to cost them anymore sales than having all the stories intertwined already does.

JayEH

Bikini Mode is back! You're now able to view all your favorite female characters in bikinis. There will be a demo of this tomorrow with Quiet being the first character shown off.

Mr. RHC

E3 is just around the corner. If nothing exciting from the announcement comes tomorrow, I am sure that E3 trailer should make up for it! Here's hoping Kojima can outdo the red band trailer from last year's E3!

It will take a lot to outdo the red band trailer without showing too much of the story. It practically is the trailer imo.

AxelLund

Banned
This is the delivery system that he'll use to make the announcement, correct?

I'm mainly wondering what time I can come back to this thread to hear the news that will please many MGS fans...

So what time Eastern in the United States of America will we know this news? :)

45 minutes :)

Spaghetti

Oh WHAT THE FUCK! I can't sleep now!...

Damn!

Will there be someone who will translate, or will we be at the mercy of Translater-GAF's sleep schedule?!

Or will it be in English?!

Don't let me down awesome Translator-GAFers!
well if tora knows what the announcement is there'll likely be some 'official' sort of explanation of what the announcement is, which i assume will include an english language version. they won't wait 15 hours to do the announcement again in english.

Oriel

Considering Kojima made such a big about the "De ja vu" reveal I'm not going to be getting my hopes built up.

Still silently praying for a release date.

Hasney

This is just a push to get more listeners on the show; he won't make a major reveal.

So to all hype-generators I say:

It'll be a bigger deal than all the Game Informer cover reveals combined, I'll bet on that and this doesn't have anywhere near the hype of a single one of them.

That's still doesn't make it a big deal with all those terrible covers, mind you.

Top Bottom