• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Regains Momentum Against Donald Trump: Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Me as well. Which is why supporting a man who holds the complete opposite views in regards to policy baffles me. Bernie and Trump hold nothing in common. If you ever want a shot at Bernie's america, you don't throw a temper tantrum and elect a man who will regress the country for decades thanks to the SC. You elect the one who is closet to his ideals.

It's pretty clear that the only ideal that would be affected by SCOTUS that diablos gives a shit about is limits-free gun rights.

Two party system and the winner picks Supreme Court justices that will be in place for decades.

And if a Republican is picking Trump for SC pick purposes its still pretty weak reason. My guess is that its a gun ownership issue which Trump has raised time and time again on the campaign trail when speaking of appointing judges. Remember Obama was going to declare martial law and take our guns. Here we are 8 years later no martial law and no kick doors. Now the lie is being said about Hillary. The argument was and still is ridiculous.

TomServo

Oh, he'll harm them economically, sure. Since that demographic is often the one left suffering from right-wing economic policies. And that is one of my biggest issues personally. But in regards to civil rights they'll be just fine.

What about my wife? What if I have a daughter? What if my son is gay?

My mother? Sister? Nieces? My friends of color, and their children?

My most trusted coworkers are a man of color, a gay man, and a woman.

Effecting me personally doesn't end at my own skin.

Ekai

What about my wife? What if I have a daughter? What if my son is gay?

My mother? Sister? Nieces? My friends of color, and their children?

My most trusted coworkers are a man of color, a gay man, and a woman.

Effecting me personally doesn't end at my own skin.

It does for people who vote Republican. Republican policies will harm all of those people. And honestly speaking the disenfranchised I'm describing would benefit economically better under Democrat policies than they would Republican ones. So even if they're full of themselves, it would be in their own best interest to support the party that also supports everyone they hate due to right-wing fear-mongering. Of course this also requires Democrats to actually focus on the economic issues we face due to compromising with the right-wing for decades.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Oh, he'll harm them economically, sure. Since that demographic is often the one left suffering from right-wing economic policies. And that is one of my biggest issues personally. But in regards to civil rights they'll be just fine.

that's... not how civil rights works

Ekai

that's... not how civil rights works

I wasn't saying anything in regards to civil rights for the typical Republican voter. Outside of economic suffering, they'll honestly be just fine. I didn't say anything in that post period in regards to "how civil rights works". I have however, in another post altogether, referred to how the right-wing extremists in this country want to limit the civil rights of others. Which they do. That's a fact of the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom