• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Regains Momentum Against Donald Trump: Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Fuck, I want this election to be over.

You think that will stop it? Trump is the new Republican superstar. He has basically erased 50 years of ever-so-slight progressiveness in the GOP, and turned them from a party who was increasing its tolerance of other races, religions, and sexualities and sent them right back to the Jim Crow days. They straight up said they were going to have a more progressive party statement for 2016, and then Trump happened.

The only way that this can turn out well is if more progressive Republicans split off and form their own center-right party, or possibly join with the Libertarians who are likely going to get more powerful after this election with Johnson expected to breach 5%.

mo60

That the USA still has 45% of its voters support someone like Trump is already a disgrace.

Overall it's between 37% on a bad day and like 43% on a good day for trump in terms of support. He has never broken 45% in the majority of the polling aggregates/models in this election compared to romney.

Ekai

Cali, Mass, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, Washington, Maryland.

Would never happen. If you are legit, your fear about guns driving you to condemn all minorities is just ridiculous. The Republicans are fear-mongering. Nothing more. You should, you know, actually listen to facts.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cali, Mass, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, Washington, Maryland.

Overnight? NY would ban guns the same damn day. Shit's a scourge and should be far more controlled than it is.

That said, don't use this as an excuse to vote for nu-Hitler, own that shit.

People said the same things about the older generation decades ago.

Saying "let's just wait for the old racists to die out" isn't helping.

Except for that I didn't say that. Note I said "invest in education" as well. That's the key difference.

Ekai

It's a lost cause.

In regards to this and their view on the trans community: I would like to believe it's not.

In the case of guns: Republicans have been saying for years that Democrats want to take away all guns. When 1) that hasn't happened. 2)no actual policy put forth by Democrats comes close to doing what the Republicans claim.

If Alucard is aware of the facts, then they are being dishonest and hiding why they want to vote for Trump.
If they aren't aware of the facts, I have to question why they are so scared of the facts changing their view on the matter given how invested they are in the fear-mongering in relation to guns.

In the case of trans identity: Alucard would do well to listen to the advice and words of others in the TransGaf community in regards to Alucard's own transness. They seem to have this belief they're too manly/can't transition when they totally could. And by extension because of their own view of themselves they're completely okay with screwing over everyone else in the trans community with a Trump presidency.

Everything about it comes across as lashing out at others because they feel they themselves are a lost cause. I don't believe they are. But they do need some serious help and be willing to take it.

That's only one poll. Overall you could say that Hillary is maybe stabilizing, but not improving.

Also, Trump flipped Florida recently.

dt0FKvd.jpg

As it stands, right now, Trump would only have to flip NH to win.

This post is making me really fucking nervous. Like, legit palm sweating.

Get your shit together, America!

Elandyll

Banned
That the USA still has 45% of its voters support someone like Trump is already a disgrace.
It is a disgrace, no doubt.

On one hand, I have to believe that it's no more than 25% actual supporters (which is still way too high) and about 20% of "Hold my nose because anything but Hillary Clinton" Republicans.

Even so, imo, anyone voting for Trump is a deplorable, either by conviction, or association.
100%.

Ekai

#deplorables

I mean. Pretty much. Republicans are despicable hoomin beings for what they wish to do their fellow humans. We can't mince words with them when we let them run rampant with their hate-speech/laws for decades. Let's just be blatant and less PC about how deplorable any Republican period is. Isn't that what Trump wants anyway? (Obviously not in use against him/the fascists he's aligned himself with of course) Let's be scathing to the scum of humanity.

Eusis

It is a disgrace, no doubt.

On one hand, I have to believe that it's no more than 25% actual supporters (which is still way too high) and about 20% of "Hold my nose because anything but Hillary Clinton" Republicans.

Even so, imo, anyone voting for Trump is a deplorable, either by conviction, or association.
100%.
Yeah, cautiously "optimistic" that a lot of it is just "I will always vote Republican over Democrat." But that isn't a very healthy mindset either because it ignores if a candidate is capable and has solid policies in favor of just blindly following a party, and that can exacerbate the problem as it enables Tea Party nuts to infiltrate the party or Trump to be considered a legitimate candidate at all, then as a consequence others like me go all D because the Republicans currently are largely toxic (and I don't think there's any respectable ones in the running where I'm at anyway.)

#deplorables

I mean, yeah? Or do you think those that want a white nationalist as our president are good people? It's hard to gather what you're trying to say here. Usually I see that hashtag being used as a badge of honor by actual white supremacists on twitter, used in conjunction with pepe memes with David Duke and Milo photoshopped onto it.

TomServo

What I don't understand about people like Alucard and diablos who say there are Democratic legislatures all across the country just chomping at the bit to take everyone's guns away is, why didn't this already happen 20 years ago?

The assault weapons ban was an actual piece of legislation that actually being certain firearms. Why didn't *that*, a real legal ban, open the floodgates for wholesale firearm bans and a revoked Second Amendment? How do you look at the history of the AWB, which had a very narrow impact on gun ownership and no repercussions for the vast majority of gun owners, and conclude that any meaningful number of lawmakers anywhere want to completely take away your guns?

One key difference between the Federal AWB and recent state laws (CA and MA specifically) is that the AWB grandfathered in pre-ban items. The MA AG's clarification of their state AWB did not grandfather anything, and the new CA laws do not grandfather magazines or other previously compliant devices, and prevents transfer of weapons that were grandfathered, even in cases of inheritance from deceased parent to living child.

CA is especially troubling to gun owners because CA previously required registration of affected weapons, and said registration will now be used for some level of confiscation through the-above mentioned law that the weapon "dies" with you.

Additionally, with the MA AG's clarification of the state's AWB, there was little to no time for owners to prepare. People impacted felt as if they woke up one morning and were suddenly felons. That's a huge deal to the gun-owning community. Others may not understand why, or they may not sympathize, but it creates distrust and in the eyes of gun owners it invalidates claims that "they're not coming to take away your guns."

Ekai

I mean, yeah? Or do you think those that want a white nationalist as our president are good people? It's hard to gather what you're trying to say here. Usually I see that hashtag being used as a badge of honor by actual white supremacists on twitter, used in conjunction with pepe memes with David Duke and Milo photoshopped onto it.

That poster supports Drumpf so....Probs saying it as a badge of honor.

Ekai

The fact that this isn't a slam dunk for Clinton is ridiculous.

Lots of Americans are frankly speaking pure evil. Be it by malice or ignorance they are. The ignorant ones could still perhaps learn but the ones who operate by malice are a lost cause. That's the unfortunate reason as to why it's not. Even conservatives should be sickened by the amount of shit Drumpf spews but let's be real here. He's only speaking to the same bs that their media has for decades. They deserve Drumpf. And frankly deserve to lose all relevancy as a party. The rest of America sure as hell doesn't tho.

Lots of Americans are frankly speaking pure evil. Be it by malice or ignorance they are. The ignorant ones could still perhaps learn but the ones who operate by malice are a lost cause. That's the unfortunate reason as to why it's not. Even conservatives should be sickened by the amount of shit Drumpf spews but let's be real here. He's only speaking to the same bs that their media has for decades. They deserve Drumpf. And frankly deserve to lose all relevancy as a party. The rest of America sure as hell doesn't tho.

Lol, pure evil is a bit harsh, no? Low empathy with an unsubstantiated victim complex is my explanation.

Ekai

I would have been a slam dunk for Bernie.

Me as well. Which is why supporting a man who holds the complete opposite views in regards to policy baffles me. Bernie and Trump hold nothing in common. If you ever want a shot at Bernie's america, you don't throw a temper tantrum and elect a man who will regress the country for decades thanks to the SC. You elect the one who is closet to his ideals.
Not to mention Hillary is the best chance to get rid of CU considering it was made to target her. But why let pesky things like facts get in the way of your diehard belief that Trump will actually do a single positive thing for the people.
I mean, he won't harm straight white christian rich cis-men, sure. But anyone else will most definitely face hardship. Which you seem to be perfectly fine with by supporting Trump so that speaks to how little you actually cared about Bernie's message.

Ekai

Lol, pure evil is a bit harsh, no? Low empathy with an unsubstantiated victim complex is my explanation.

I'm not going to mince words with the party that wants to legalize torture for millions and set back civil rights. They are pure evil. And all Republicans are be it by purposeful malice or ignorance due to eating up fear-mongering. The ignorant ones can at least have the potential to change. The ones who operate by malice are a lost cause.
I agree, they have low empathy and they most definitely have victim complexes. I'm not going to sugar-coat it though. Those two factors tie directly into why they're scumbags.

We should listen to the concerns of the disenfranchised who are voting for Republicans out of ignorance. We should. What we shouldn't do is continue to let this extremist right-wing walk all over us.

SCOTUS was one justice away from nullifying the 2nd amendment in 2008. If Hill gets to replace Scalia, all its going to take is California passing a total ban (something that is coming down the pipe regardless within the next 5 years) and a subsequent lawsuit that is sure to follow and boom, for all practical purposes the 2nd amendment is gone.

...ok

Me as well. Which is why supporting a man who holds the complete opposite views in regards to policy baffles me. Bernie and Trump hold nothing in common. If you ever want a shot at Bernie's america, you don't throw a temper tantrum and elect a man who will regress the country for decades thanks to the SC. You elect the one who is closet to his ideals.
Not to mention Hillary is the best chance to get rid of CU considering it was made to target her. But why let pesky things like facts get in the way of your diehard belief that Trump will actually do a single positive thing for the people.
I mean, he won't harm straight white christian rich cis-men, sure. But anyone else will most definitely face hardship. Which you seem to be perfectly fine with by supporting Trump so that speaks to how little you actually cared about Bernie's message.

Oh, he's plenty capable of doing that as well.

Ekai

Oh, he's plenty capable of doing that as well.

Oh, he'll harm them economically, sure. Since that demographic is often the one left suffering from right-wing economic policies. And that is one of my biggest issues personally. But in regards to civil rights they'll be just fine.

HylianTom

Banned
A right-leaning SCOTUS is basically one that tells the states (especially red ones), "do what you want with minorities/LGBT folks; we won't intervene."

That said, it's funny that Alucard (and others) view firearms as more precious than one's own humanity.

SCOTUS was one justice away from nullifying the 2nd amendment in 2008. If Hill gets to replace Scalia, all its going to take is California passing a total ban (something that is coming down the pipe regardless within the next 5 years) and a subsequent lawsuit that is sure to follow and boom, for all practical purposes the 2nd amendment is gone.

That would be amazing.

Stop listening to Hannity and talk radio. As much as I'd like the 2nd amendment abolished it's not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom