• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton Regains Momentum Against Donald Trump: Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-hillary-clinton-extends-lead-over-donald-trump-nationally/
ELECTORAL COLLEGE PREDICTIONS.

* Univ. of VA Center:* Hillary: 272* Trump: 215

* Cook Political:* Hillary: 272* Trump: 190

* NBC Gen.Elec. Map:* Hillary: 272* Trump: 174

* Rothenberg & Gonzales:* Hillary: 285* Trump: 191

* Princeton Elec.Consortium:* Hillary: 279* Trump: 215

* NPR Gen.Elec. Ratings:* Hillary: 273* Trump: 174

* Louis Jacobson Elec. Map: * Hillary: 272* Trump: 181

* The Fix Elec. College:* Hillary: 273* Trump: 197

* ABC News:* Hillary: 273 * Trump: 191

* Louis Jacobson Elec:* Hillary: 272 * Trump: 181

* Electoral Vote Dot C O M:* Hillary: 274 * Trump: 158

* AP:* Hillary: 272 * Trump: 191
Not gonna happen. Trump will lose in a landslide.

SDCowboy

I'd really like to know what Hillary could realistically even do to the 2nd amendment to make responsible gun owners concerned in the first place.

I'm a gun owner and enthusiast and I'm happily voting for Hillary. And I'm not worried about it in the slightest.

Not

Banned
Not gonna happen. Trump will lose in a landslide.

But isn't Hillary a woman with overly complex financial interests who gets sick sometimes and hasn't stayed home to bake cookies for her family in almost thirty years?

Cause those are the issues that nearly half of our voters care about.

Dude Abides

Banned
SCOTUS was one justice away from nullifying the 2nd amendment in 2008. If Hill gets to replace Scalia, all its going to take is California passing a total ban (something that is coming down the pipe regardless within the next 5 years) and a subsequent lawsuit that is sure to follow and boom, for all practical purposes the 2nd amendment is gone.

This is pants-on-head fever swamp nonsense.

SuperSah

Banned
After Brexit polls and the actual turn out...

Don't get too comfortable yet, my USA friends else you'll wake up to a very different country in shock like we did. :(

Considering what they're excited about, they should count for less. Three-fifths seems like a fair compromise.

Barack-Obama-Saying-It-is-Law.gif

ZeroCDR

SCOTUS was one justice away from nullifying the 2nd amendment in 2008. If Hill gets to replace Scalia, all its going to take is California passing a total ban (something that is coming down the pipe regardless within the next 5 years) and a subsequent lawsuit that is sure to follow and boom, for all practical purposes the 2nd amendment is gone.

Then what? Government comes knocking on your door to retrieve all of your guns?

That's not remotely realistic or feasible in the least.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Then what? Government comes knocking on your door to retrieve all of your guns?

That's not remotely realistic or feasible in the least.

You're right. But stopping the complete sale of new guns will have an effect that will slowly dry up the guns.

This is pants-on-head fever swamp nonsense.
Forget it Jake, it's Team Alucard.

He allegedly flipped from being a communist to a Trump supporter exclusively over the rooty tooty point and shooty.

Even though he supported Bernie in the primary and his positions on gun control are barely to the right of Clinton's.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Forget it Jake, it's Team Alucard.

He allegedly flipped from being a communist to a Trump supporter exclusively over the rooty tooty point and shooty.

Even though he supported Bernie in the primary and his positions on gun control are barely to the right of Clinton's.

It's not as fringe as people here think.

There are plenty of Bernie supporters who cannot bring themselves to vote for Clinton.

Blader

There are plenty of Bernie supporters who cannot bring themselves to vote for Clinton.

Thankfully most Bernie supporters and Bernie himself are rational people who put policy over personality and hurt feelings.

2MF

This lack of separation of powers when it comes to supreme court nominations is seriously weird.

Also, I didn't realize that the second amendment conservative fears actually had a realistic foundation.

This lack of separation of powers when it comes to supreme court nominations is seriously weird.

Also, I didn't realize that the second amendment conservative fears actually had a realistic foundation.

That's what the confirmation process is for.

mo60

I think it'll be very close in the end.
Trump has a shot.

My prediction for this election was that it was going to be a close repeat of the federal election in Canada last year and so far it looks like I'm kinda right. Trump can't break out of his ceiling while hilary fluctuates but is winning still even though in the Canadian federal election the left wing party that won the election did not start leading until late september and early october.

platakul

Banned
Buddy now youre getting me excited. Maybe i can get a job personal running the smelting pot

lenovox1

I thought the same thing with the republican debates though. I thought for sure, [Donald Trump] would sink after people saw him fail.

He wasn't that bad in the Republican debates bar the Fox debate (not including the debate he didn't attend). It's a different debate structure with an entirely different and broader audience.

lenovox1

After Brexit polls and the actual turn out...

Don't get too comfortable yet, my USA friends else you'll wake up to a very different country in shock like we did. :(

Again, they aren't comparable situations due to the demographics of the US and the electoral college process.

This is fantasy, but I legitimately wish it would happen.

Lime

The fact of the matter is that over 40 percent of the likely voters are voting for someone like Trump and this is something that needs to be acknowledged and dealt with. These people won't go away if/when HRC gets elected, they will still be there.

The US needs to find a way to deal with the rise of fascist trends and the voting request for politicians who pander to racism and fascist beliefs

I can't believe Trump is doing this well. I didn't think it was possible. I remember watching him announcing his candidacy and think this was a joke. Another goofball GOP thing. For the first time, I think this country may actually elect this doofus.

George W. Bush. Twice.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

When your candidate can look past the loss and see the greater good in voting for Clinton (or in at least, not Trump), so should his supporters.

Jesus fuck...this is just completely insane. The Democrats are not going to take your guns.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Team Alucard, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

They were right there with PEC as far as I can remember... which is even weirder, because I don't think anyone substantively changed their models between 2012 and 2016 if it wasn't Silver. (Wang sure didn't!)
Wang did lower his std dev from 6% to 3% a few weeks ago, making his model more aggressive

The fact of the matter is that over 40 percent of the likely voters are voting for someone like Trump and this is something that needs to be acknowledged and dealt with. These people won't go away if/when HRC gets elected, they will still be there.

The US needs to find a way to deal with the rise of fascist trends and the voting request for politicians who pander to racism and fascist beliefs

George W. Bush. Twice.

Not much to do about it other than invest heavily in education and hope that people through the generations can come to their senses. A huge culprit is also Fox News and similar right to hard-right media that literally create a reality parallel to everyone else's. But functionally speaking nothing can be done about those outlets, they'll be around until they're no longer profitable.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
At this point Im freaking out about the prospect of a Trump presidency and can not believe just how much of an actual possibility it is.

People are so stupid its tragic.

You gotta remember that humans are still technically apes after all. Trump's chimp-like behavior probably appeals to many on a subconscious biological level.

Again, they aren't comparable situations due to the demographics of the US and the electoral college process.
Not to mention the different political polling industry and history of the US compared to the UK. We absolutely should not become complacent, but Brexit has nothing to do with it.

Lime

Not much to do about it other than invest heavily in education and hope that people through the generations can come to their senses. A huge culprit is also Fox News and similar right to hard-right media that literally create a reality parallel to everyone else's. But functionally speaking nothing can be done about those outlets, they'll be around until they're no longer profitable.

People said the same things about the older generation decades ago.

Saying "let's just wait for the old racists to die out" isn't helping.

You don't have to take my word for it, just ask the justices themselves.

Stephen Breyer's (joined by Sotomayor, JPS, and Ginsburg) dissent from McDonald v. Chicago

"In sum, the Framers did not write the Second Amendment in order to protect a private right of armed self defense."

All it takes is one more liberal justice and an appropriate lawsuit to reverse Heller and McDonald, thus opening the door for any state or municipality that wishes to enact a total ban and seizure of privately owned firearms.

What a delusional, ignorant minuscule nugget of a being you are, Alucard. You are now the punchline of this thread. Congrats.

As wonderful as that sounds...it's not happening lol

Zophar

Stephen Breyer's (joined by Sotomayor, JPS, and Ginsburg) dissent from McDonald v. Chicago

All it takes is one more liberal justice and an appropriate lawsuit to reverse Heller and McDonald, thus opening the door for any state or municipality that wishes to enact a total ban and seizure of privately owned firearms.

Breyer was right, even if your boogeyman scenario isn't remotely grounded in the realities of American politics.

xxracerxx

"In sum, the Framers did not write the Second Amendment in order to protect a private right of armed self defense."

I mean....yeah. How you then relate that to banning the 2nd Amendment is beyond me. It isn't going to happen.

But you are a one trick pony until election day, so have fun continuing on your path but please try and stop in some of the other Trump threads like the one on Skittles and Trump using charity money to defend your candidate.

Darkgran

You have no idea how the constitution works do you?

Breyer was right, even if your boogeyman scenario isn't remotely grounded in the realities of American politics.

Oh really?

There are plenty of Democratic state legislatures that are chomping at the bit to ban guns. The only thing holding them back is legal precedent set by SCOTUS. Take that away and numerous states would ban guns almost overnight.

A federal ban is less likely due to the filibuster, but I certainly wouldn't put it past the Dems to go nuclear the next time they control congress and the WH.

You have no idea how the constitution works do you?

SCOTUS interprets the constitution. If they decide that the 2nd doesn't protect the right to bear arms, then that's it, until when/if a future iteration of the court reverse the decision, or a new amendment is approved (lmfao).

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Pretty much this. Even if they left the second amendment intact the SC would gut our use of firearms. No longer would we be allowed to carry or use outside of hunting without legal repercussions.

Being able to defend my family and property with effective lethal force is a necessity.

xxracerxx

Oh really?

There are plenty of Democratic state legislatures that are chomping at the bit to ban guns. The only thing holding them back is legal precedent set by SCOTUS. Take that away and numerous states would ban guns almost overnight.

A federal ban is less likely due to the filibusterer, but I certainly wouldn't put it past the Dems to go nuclear if the next time they control congress and the WH.
Name the states that would ban guns overnight.

Zophar

Oh really?

There are plenty of Democratic state legislatures that are chomping at the bit to ban guns. The only thing holding them back is legal precedent set by SCOTUS.

Name them.

Take that away and numerous states would ban guns almost overnight.

Prove it. Last I checked, McDonald V Chicago is only 6 years old. What stopped them before?

A federal ban is less likely due to the filibusterer, but I certainly wouldn't put it past the Dems to go nuclear if the next time they control congress and the WH.

Prove it.

Movement

ITT: People are suddenly political and statistical analyst experts, using private forecast models, no less. I doubt they could even explain how the model works.

Toxi

Banned
Pretty much this. Even if they left the second amendment intact the SC would gut our use of firearms. No longer would we be allowed to carry or use outside of hunting without legal repercussions.

Being able to defend my family and property with effective lethal force is a necessity.
You have no idea what the Supreme Court does, do you?

Darkgran

Oh really?

SCOTUS interprets the constitution. If they decide that the 2nd doesn't protect the right to bear arms, then that's it, until when/if a future iteration of the court reverse the decision, or a new amendment is approved (lmfao).

Just stop.

belvedere

Junior Butler
I refuse to believe the polls have ever been close.

I'm not exactly confident of our hilarious, shameful electoral process, but no. Just no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom