• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman (2016) PC performance thread

H4r4kiri

PCGamesHw benches are updated again and now we can have a more or less complete picture between vendors in DX12 in this game:

YsKb.png

Questions:
A) WTH is happening to Pitcairn/270X in 1080p/DX12?
B) Why is 960 loosing 6% of performance in 1080p?
C) Why is 770 loosing 14,9% of performance in DX12 in 1080p?
None of this should be happening.

Can someone explain why the Amd 290 does not get the same Performancegain as the 390`?

Dinjoralo

Even with the settings turned down all the way, I can't get a consistent framerate on my 970 without shrinking the window. That shouldn't be happening. And it's only on my GPU, none of the cores on my 6600k go above 50% on the highest settings.

Corpekata

Banned
Even with the settings turned down all the way, I can't get a consistent framerate on my 970 without shrinking the window. That shouldn't be happening. And it's only on my GPU, none of the cores on my 6600k go above 50% on the highest settings.

Is it still saying your core clock is 500ish?

Dinjoralo

Is it still saying your core clock is 500ish?

I restarted my computer and haven't seen any notifications about the drivers crashing. NvInspector sill says the "current clock" is 540 MHz, but I don't know if that's just what it defaults to since it was like that when I started up windows.

EDIT: The "Default clock" is 1076 MHz, and the "GPU Clock" is 1251 MHz.

Salsa

GTX 680 2GB
i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
8gb of RAM

gotta run it with everything on low and off except AA to get a steady 60fps (which goes bad when on very crowded areas)

I expected as much. game's a beast.

thankfully it looks really decent on low

GTX 680 2GB
i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
8gb of RAM

gotta run it with everything on low and off except AA to get a steady 60fps (which goes bad when on very crowded areas)

Is it true if you have a 2 GB card you're locked at low textures?

Corpekata

Banned
I restarted my computer and haven't seen any notifications about the drivers crashing. NvInspector sill says the "current clock" is 540 MHz, but I don't know if that's just what it defaults to since it was like that when I started up windows.

EDIT: The "Default clock" is 1076 MHz, and the "GPU Clock" is 1251 MHz.

If it's running at 540 while playing, it typically means a driver crashed and recovered. Check other games and see if they run at that too. The only time a game should be at a low clock like that is if it's like an 5 year old pixel game that can run on a toaster.

Driver crashes can happen without notice, in my experience. I didn't get one either. But once it happens, no modern games will run well until a reboot.

Dinjoralo

If it's running at 540 while playing, it typically means a driver crashed and recovered. Check other games and see if they run at that too. The only time a game should be at a low clock like that is if it's like an 5 year old pixel game that can run on a toaster.

Driver crashes can happen without notice, in my experience. I didn't get one either. But once it happens, no modern games will run well until a reboot.

Street Fighter V doesn't change the current clock, but it's running totally fine. I've had times where it's ran horribly because of mucking around in Blender causing my drivers to crash, so it can't be that.

Buburibon

GTX 680 2GB
i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
8gb of RAM

That about sums up my system's performance under DX11 at 1080p. Even with everything on low the frame rate will drop into the mid 30s in crowded areas. DX12 runs flawlessly at maximum settings and never, ever drops under 60fps, but it's prone to display driver crashes that do not happen under DX11.

Win 10 x64
5820K @ 4.5Ghz
Titan X @ 1340Mhz
32GB

Salsa

Well that's disappointing, I guess my 960 will sit this one out.

there's the odd one out here and there, but the textures on low arent dreadful

nbx0SGB.jpg

That about sums up my system's performance under DX11 at 1080p. Even with everything on low the frame rate will drop into the mid 30s in crowded areas. DX12 runs flawlessly at maximum settings and never, ever drops under 60fps, but it's prone to display driver crashes that do not happen under DX11.

Win 10 x64
5820K @ 4.5Ghz
Titan X @ 1340Mhz
32GB

huh. well now this makes me wonder. sadly im running 7 and don't wanna upgrade to 10 on my main pc yet

Crisium

Also interesting the 380, which is GCN 1.2 like the Fury series which see gains, is another card that sees minor loss in DX12.

1ESD4Dz.jpg

It's the Hawaii show, featuring Fiji.

Why wont this game let me select my monitors resolution? It grays out anything above 1080p for me. I have a 2560x1440p gsync monitor. It doesn't let me select anything above low textures on a 970 either. Anyone else having this issue?

Vuze

Why wont this game let me select my monitors resolution? It grays out anything above 1080p for me. I have a 2560x1440p gsync monitor.
Weird, do you have multiple monitors connected or something? I have the same resolution w/ Gsync and it works.

Performance is just as bad as in the beta, I just don't get why this game is so demanding... it really doesn't look outstanding.

Weird, do you have multiple monitors connected or something? I have the same resolution w/ Gsync and it works.

Performance is just as bad as in the beta, I just don't get why this game is so demanding... it really doesn't look outstanding.

I got it. It wouldn't let me adjust in the launcher, but I was able to change it when I launched the game.

1440p is greyed out as an option and I don't know how to select it. I have a 1440p Gsync monitor. Anyone have any ideas? It will only let me select low textures too.

980Ti
i7-4770k
16gb ram.

mike6467

I'm having crashes with Dx12 in the tutorial level. Am I the only one?

amd 290x here.

I've got the 7970 Ghz edition, and with DX12, the tutorial level was unplayable. It ran smoothly, but was glitched out in black and white and all I could really see were outlines of things. Switching to DX11 fixed everything, and it runs well now. Hopefully they take care of this stuff fairly quickly.

Dinjoralo

Okay, now the game flat out refuses to start up in DX12 first thing after turning on Windows. What the hell. I'm gonna try re-verifying the files...

Buburibon

It's unplayable in DX12 at the moment. Crashes every few minutes for me.

I'm having crashes with Dx12 in the tutorial level. Am I the only one?

amd 290x here.

I've got the 7970 Ghz edition, and with DX12, the tutorial level was unplayable. It ran smoothly, but was glitched out in black and white and all I could really see were outlines of things. Switching to DX11 fixed everything, and it runs well now. Hopefully they take care of this stuff fairly quickly.

Yeah, DX12 seems to be broken for some of us. I can't run it for more than a few minutes before it freezes. I'm on a Titan X, so whatever's happening is not exclusive to AMD cards.

Yeah, DX12 seems to be broken for some of us. I can't run it for more than a few minutes before it freezes. I'm on a Titan X, so whatever's happening is not exclusive to AMD cards.

That's very similar to my problem. Benchmark works. But in the tutorial level, around when i reach the level 1 floor of the yacht, the game's visuals get frozen, though I'm still can hear the game's sound, giving me a clue it's still running the game's logic fine.

I'm on a laptop card (R9 M380, locked to 1080p and fairly low settings) and getting persistent shadow flickering. This was not a problem during the beta.

Any obvious solutions for this?

Genio88

That's very similar to my problem. Benchmark works. But in the tutorial level, around when i reach the level 1 floor of the yacht, the game's visuals get frozen, though I'm still can hear the game's sound, giving me a clue it's still running the game's logic fine.

Yes same here, with GTX 980 and latest drivers, it just freezes after a few seconds of gameplay on the yacht level, and it's a shame cause directx 11 instead runs awfully with stuttering and huge frame rate drops, and also looks pretty worse even with the same settings

Dinjoralo

Just went through the first tutorial at medium-ish settings and it was consistently near 30 FPS, dipping a ton whenever the area was crowded. Maybe DX12 will fix my problems like it has for some people, but it refuses to work for me. This game needs some serious performance patches.

Read the last couple posts, it's the same problem. Try in game.

Yeah, that was it. So the launcher doesn't really work that well for setting options, but in-game it works fine.

fps goes back and forth between 55-70 on my 980ti. Gsync helps mitigate some of the issues, but I'd still like it to be better.

I had some weird issues with stuff like lights looking rainbow-ish and random wood textures stretched across the scenery when playing in DX12. Anybody else get them issues in tutorial area?

Damn, performance is all over the place even with latest NVIDIA drivers and with these settings:

juTgejg.jpg

Cranking up SSAA is not an option cuz the game will be pretty much unplayable.

My specs:

i7-4790K
GTX 980
16 GB RAM

P.S. Goddamn these extremely compressed videos during loading. I hate these F things. It's 2016 for Christ's sake. Can we please stop using this shit?!
Your post single-handedly turned me off of the PC version, lol.

I guess PS4 is the best choice.

SliChillax

DX12 has been a disappointment so far, at least for Nvidia. There was so much hype for it but there's nothing to be hyped about, at least now. Gears of War UE wasn't all that well optimized, Tom Raider just received the DX12 patch but it doesn't perform any better and neither does Hitman.

DX12 client crashes after a few minutes on my rig. I7 950 + 980Ti
Tried everything I could think of to fix but nothing helps. Oh well - DX11 it is.

Buburibon

DX12 has been a disappointment so far, at least for Nvidia. There was so much hype for it but there's nothing to be hyped about, at least now. Gears of War UE wasn't all that well optimized, Tom Raider just received the DX12 patch but it doesn't perform any better and neither does Hitman.

Have you revisited the more CPU-bound areas in RotTR and Hitman? Stability issues aside, I'm convinced DX12 does a much better job at keeping minimum frame rates above 60fps. In fact, I have yet to see dips below 60fps in the aforesaid games under DX12, while the same can't be said about DX11, especially in Hitman. Since (IMO) "real world performance" is only as good as frame rate minimums, I have to say DX12 seems pretty promising from what I've seen so far.

How much does the recent 364.51 game-ready driver improve performance in this game?

Because I was getting 45-50 fps in dense areas in this game on LOW settings at 1080p with a 970 and an i5-4460, and that doesn't seem right to me at all.

Dinjoralo

How much does the recent 364.51 game-ready driver improve performance in this game?

Because I was getting 45-50 fps in dense areas in this game on LOW settings at 1080p with a 970 and an i5-4460, and that doesn't seem right to me at all.

That's pretty much same as me on the .51 drivers with the same card and a slightly better CPU. I know how you feel, it seriously does not seem right.

Corpekata

Banned
That's pretty much same as me on the .51 drivers with the same card and a slightly better CPU. I know how you feel, it seriously does not seem right.

It isn't. On this page above there's someone with a benchmark of the 970 at 45-50 at max settings.

Fairly certain Salsa said he was getting 60ish at low settings on like a 600 series card. There's something going wrong.

Corpekata

Banned
You guys running it at low and barely managing with 970s, take a screenshot with afterburner running and showing all the important stats and post here.

tuxfool

Banned
Also interesting the 380, which is GCN 1.2 like the Fury series which see gains, is another card that sees minor loss in DX12.

1ESD4Dz.jpg

It's the Hawaii show, featuring Fiji.

Oddly enough I remember its older counterpart the 285, had some weird issues with Frostbite games, whereby it was the only AMD card that had worse performance in Mantle than it did in Dx11 (in situation of reduced CPU contraints).

Vuze

Your post single-handedly turned me off of the PC version, lol.

I guess PS4 is the best choice.
What? lol
Doesn't the PS4 version fluctuate between like 25 and 40fps or something? Don't fall for the "omg I can't max this out with my setup what a crap PC version" people.
I agree performance leaves to be desired for what's presented visually - just like on console - but these "PS4 is the best choice" statements are just hilarious everytime they pop up in the PC performance threads. (Well, given that you actually don't use a machine that is under recommended specs or whatever)

dmix90

3PTHn1y.png

Csl4DjL.png

Dayummmmm. Rise and shine AMD, its better for everyone. Still have my FX8120 in a closet... if things will go this way for all other dx12 titles it is a true gamechanger for them.

tuxfool

Banned
What? lol
Doesn't the PS4 version fluctuate between like 25 and 40fps or something? Don't fall for the "omg I can't max this out with my setup what a crap PC version" people.
I agree performance leaves to be desired for what's presented visually - just like on console - but these "PS4 is the best choice" statements are just hilarious everytime they pop up in the PC performance threads. (Well, given that you actually don't use a machine that is under recommended specs or whatever)

Yup.

Go large or go home. Also known as a shit opinion.

Corpekata

Banned
Shadow Resolution seem to be a really demanding setting for those looking to squeeze some frames. Like 10-15 frame difference between high and medium.

Top Bottom