• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 Announced (Jan 2021)

The my next single player game, I really like the movie, We’re the story good in first 2?

The story is okay but not a big selling point. It's more like short cutscenes that blend the transitions from one area to the next. What is best about Hitman 1 and 2 is the sandbox gameplay, the intricate and highly detailed levels and touches of humor. Hitman games have always had their own unique style and the previous games are very, very much worth playing if you like stealth.

You should play 1 and 2 before 3 if possible.

Last edited:

turtlepowa

Banned
The my next single player game, I really like the movie, We’re the story good in first 2?
The story is absoulutely fine, but don't expect hours of videos and cutscenes like in some Sony games. It think the last two Hitman games had like 45 minutes of story in it.

The graphics are being improved, but no big changes to the gameplay is not an issue for me personally. I treat new Hitman games as new seasons and I'm okay with that.
I'll get it day one. I really enjoyed the previous entries but I can't shake the feeling that this title will flop big time as it just looks like a mission pack to a game released 5 years ago.

aries_71

So does the epic store need its own launcher? I hate installing stuff in my pc that clogs it up with unnecessary process automatically running at startup.

So does the epic store need its own launcher? I hate installing stuff in my pc that clogs it up with unnecessary process automatically running at startup.
Yes. And yes, you can disable auto-start.

I don't get how someone can have PC and not install Epic Launcher. They gave me like a 100 free games since I got it. :messenger_hushed:

aries_71

Yes. And yes, you can disable auto-start.

I don't get how someone can have PC and not install Epic Launcher. They gave me like a 100 free games since I got it. :messenger_hushed:

Most games they gave for free I already owned them. The ones I don’t, really don’t interest me. Polluting the computer with an additional launcher is something that I don’t really look forward too. I’ll get the gane on console or steam, but epic is out of the question.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I enjoy buying all my games on EGS and screenshotting them to a friend who hates it.

Shit is hilarious.

I will never understand the mentality of not wanting to play more games. Make a folder called launchers you inbred dip shits, and stuff the launchers in there.

Buh buh Tim is a bad man who waaaaah wanted to fight Apple and derp herp. This shit is 9000 levels above your pay grade or give a fuck. Why do you care what Tim does ? The guy is probably dropping fat shits on stacked chicks tits while doing rails of blow with no mask on.

The hate boner fat fedora boys have online for EGS should be studied for a neurological disorder but I think down syndrome was already figured out a while back.

I have 0 intention of playing this game. Still buying it then screenshooting to my fat fedora pal so his hater boner rages on.

Barakov

I enjoy buying all my games on EGS and screenshotting them to a friend who hates it.

Shit is hilarious.

I will never understand the mentality of not wanting to play more games. Make a folder called launchers you inbred dip shits, and stuff the launchers in there.

Buh buh Tim is a bad man who waaaaah wanted to fight Apple and derp herp. This shit is 9000 levels above your pay grade or give a fuck. Why do you care what Tim does ? The guy is probably dropping fat shits on stacked chicks tits while doing rails of blow with no mask on.

The hate boner fat fedora boys have online for EGS should be studied for a neurological disorder but I think down syndrome was already figured out a while back.

I have 0 intention of playing this game. Still buying it then screenshooting to my fat fedora pal so his hater boner rages on.
Buying games and not playing them? I'm pretty sure you'll fit in just fine here.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I am really intrigued by Hitman, the world looks amazing, but I hate stealth missions in games like MGS, being afraid of that “beep” and being seen. Is Hitman for me?

I am really intrigued by Hitman, the world looks amazing, but I hate stealth missions in games like MGS, being afraid of that “beep” and being seen. Is Hitman for me?
As long as you wear a disguise (that is appropriate for that location) you should be fine unless you play on harder difficulties, then you need to be extra careful.

perkelson

So with Hitman 3 game is finally finished and is not demo anymore ?

How many levels does it have to say Hitman Blood Money ?

xrnzaaas

Dubai level looks cool in the today's previews and I like the introduction of the camera. Hopefully it won't make the game too easy by being able to perform some actions from a distance.

Last edited:

Freeman76

This might be a dumb question, im getting this digital, i own part 2 on disc and part 1 digital. I guess to play 2 through the 3 launcher I will need to have the disc in for part 2?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
This might be a dumb question, im getting this digital, i own part 2 on disc and part 1 digital. I guess to play 2 through the 3 launcher I will need to have the disc in for part 2?
I'm in the same situation and haven't been able to find any answer at all. I'm probably just going to end up buying a digital copy of Hitman 2 since it's on sale for $15

xrnzaaas

We don't know yet how legacy levels will work exactly in Hitman 3. Karak mentioned they're in Hitman 3, but are they for everyone? Unlikely. In Hitman 2 you had to redeem the legacy pack by installing Hitman 1, but once you've done that you could've deleted Hitman 1 from the hdd. It was a one time process.

Last edited:

MarlboroRed

Seems like such a gimmicky addition to the game, but man.. I want to try this so badly! Here's hoping it makes it's way to PC at some point.

perkelson

Game has been finished for awhile Capt. Tism

Sorry but i don't count early access game with 2-3 levels as finished compared to something like Blood Money with 10s of levels. Yes they are bigger and more complex but they are still same levels.

Last edited:
The guy is probably dropping fat shits on stacked chicks tits while doing rails of blow with no mask on.
If Tim actually did that, I'd use the EGS. He's the probably a Ben "P-words get wet?!" Shapiro-esque uptight dude who fucks with his socks and shirt on and doesn't go down on a woman because it's "gross."

Last edited:

graywolf323

Buying games and not playing them? I'm pretty sure you'll fit in just fine here.
*glances at my game libraries across the various platforms*

Sweating Hot Dog GIF

yeah Arsic Arsic will be right at home here

YCoCg

So with Hitman 3 game is finally finished and is not demo anymore ?

How many levels does it have to say Hitman Blood Money ?
Just on HITMAN 1 & 2 alone, there's 16 main levels and 3 sniper levels. Blood Money had 13 levels (includes the outro). We already know there's 3 shown levels from HITMAN III, so that would bring it up to 19 levels + whatever additional levels are in 3.

april6e

Bummed about the VR exclusivity news. I actually would have bought this day 1 but now I have no idea if the game is PS4 VR excusive forever or whether it will someday come to PC VR after the year exclusivity ends.

As such, won't buy the game in hopes that it'll be on PC VR in a year.

Shubh_C63

So IOI is making Hitman and James bond game at the same time ?

Or we should expect bond game at the end of this gen like on 2025 or something. Are they big enough to have 2 teams ?

Edit : oh it's rekeasing this Jan. Ok makes sense now

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Well this is supposed to be the end of the trilogy so I'm not surprised about the last location. Can't wait. :)

Last edited:

perkelson

Just on HITMAN 1 & 2 alone, there's 16 main levels and 3 sniper levels. Blood Money had 13 levels (includes the outro). We already know there's 3 shown levels from HITMAN III, so that would bring it up to 19 levels + whatever additional levels are in 3.

Nice to see concrete information. Looks like it is finally complete. Does 3 come with all 1 and 2 content or you need to buy them separately ?

YCoCg

Nice to see concrete information. Looks like it is finally complete. Does 3 come with all 1 and 2 content or you need to buy them separately ?
HITMAN III will only come with its own levels, but if you own HITMAN 2016 & 2018 they will be available as DLC and appear in the correct order timeline wise in the game.

Easiest way to do this is to own the games digitally (both are currently 80% off), but chances are you'll also get the option to buy them from HITMAN III as well.

All HITMAN 2016 & 2018 levels include graphical improvements and the latest gameplay features added in HITMAN III.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Shame they haven't really evolved the visuals if it didn't have the number 3 it'd look like the other hitman games.

Karak

Shame they haven't really evolved the visuals if it didn't have the number 3 it'd look like the other hitman games.
Not at all. The graphical effects in the world alone look VERY little like Hitman 2.
More will be seen when...well people can show and talk about it. But things like lighting and reflections you can already see many times.

AJUMP23

I preordered yesterday. Looking forward to having all 3 games in one package. This has been the best refresh of a series in a long time.
In fact when they announced the Bond game I was interested.

perkelson

Easiest way to do this is to own the games digitally (both are currently 80% off), but chances are you'll also get the option to buy them from HITMAN III as well.

All HITMAN 2016 & 2018 levels include graphical improvements and the latest gameplay features added in HITMAN III.

So i guess need to wait for definitive edition or something

YCoCg

So i guess need to wait for definitive edition or something
That will most likely be out from 2022 onwards as that's when it launches on Steam. But it is worth considering still as I already mentioned, just HITMAN 2016 & 2018 alone already surpass the amount of content featured in Blood Money so it'd be a little harsh if you're trying to punish the developers for not "finishing the game".

HITMAN III will only come with its own levels, but if you own HITMAN 2016 & 2018 they will be available as DLC and appear in the correct order timeline wise in the game.

Does it matter if you own them on Steam and not EGS, or is the link of an IO account the important thing?

YCoCg

Does it matter if you own them on Steam and not EGS, or is the link of an IO account the important thing?
That's why people are angry, it was handled through Steam. That's why Epic offered the first game for free for a limited time and rumours are the second game will be free in January.

Top Bottom