• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution E3 Screenshots And Previews

Speedymanic said:
I think it has more to do with the team coming off the back of the Kane and Lynch series and the director of Blood Money leaving some time ago to join Crytek.

I can totally understand your position and as I mentioned before, it's the right position to take but I've been burnt before with developers making promises about the core game being the same, etc, that it's hard to believe it now, especially as the developers have been making all the wrong noises.

BM repetitive, too hard, too hardcore, wanting Absolution to be more accessible, instinct, removal of map, etc.

I thought that was more cause IO (and other developers) are incompetent when it comes to PR.

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I thought that was more cause IO (and other developers) are incompetent when it comes to PR.

That as well, but incompetence when it comes to PR can only take so much of the blame. In this case, I'd say more of the blame rests with IO.

Most of the complaints/worries fan have could be resolved by answering a few simple questions or showing some footage, but they can't be bothered to do either, instead choosing to give interviews where they deride the best in the series as hard, repetitive, etc and talk up accessibility and other nonsense that only worries fans even more.

Crystal Dynamics faced a similar problem after E3 with people complaining that Tomb Raider was a QTE fest, they came out said that the final product wouldn't feature as many QTE's/they wouldn't be prevalent as they were in the demo.

That's the right way to allay fears, IO are doing the exact opposite, which is just baffling.

MMaRsu

Banned
Speedymanic said:
That as well, but incompetence when it comes to PR can only take so much of the blame. In this case, I'd say more of the blame rests with IO.

Most of the complaints/worries fan have could be resolved by answering a few simple questions or showing some footage, but they can't be bothered to do either, instead choosing to give interviews where they deride the best in the series as hard, repetitive, etc and talk up accessibility and other nonsense that only worries fans even more.

Crystal Dynamics faced a similar problem after E3 with people complaining that Tomb Raider was a QTE fest, they came out said that the final product wouldn't feature as many QTE's/they wouldn't be prevalent as they were in the demo.

That's the right way to allay fears, IO are doing the exact opposite, which is just baffling.

And let's not forget that treating the fans this way is one damn thing, but treating your past VA actors like shit is on a whole different level. Especially if that actor is the basis for your main character, then you replace him with some bullshit ass Hollywood actor that honestly, nobody would care about ( even the damn casuals ).

MMaRsu said:
And let's not forget that treating the fans this way is one damn thing, but treating your past VA actors like shit is on a whole different level. Especially if that actor is the basis for your main character, then you replace him with some bullshit ass Hollywood actor that honestly, nobody would care about ( even the damn casuals ).

Yep, their treatment of both David and Vivienne has been dreadful. To have supported the series for so long, only to be dumped for nobodies who don't care about the series or putting in a good performance is pretty much the worst thing to come out of all of this.

Scratch that, David being dumped from the role and having to find out he'd been dumped via fans is probably the worst thing to come out of all this.

Top Bottom