• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

When do we think a Season 2 release date comes? March/April? This is my first experience with episodic content, and don't have a frame of reference for how long we should expect to wait.

BibiMaghoo

When do we think a Season 2 release date comes? March/April? This is my first experience with episodic content, and don't have a frame of reference for how long we should expect to wait.

I would expect it much later than that, if even this year at all. They need to have a few levels worked out to give an idea of what would even be included. They are working on it, but as far as I know that is all the info.

I really want to try this elusive target, but I haven't made it to Colorado yet and Colorado seems like the most unforgiving of the locations.

MaKTaiL

I really want to try this elusive target, but I haven't made it to Colorado yet and Colorado seems like the most unforgiving of the locations.
If you really don't want to lose it try looking for a Silent Assassin run on YouTube and repeat what the guy does. Going in blind on this map will certainly be catastrophic.

Hopefully they make it so there's lots of ways to take those objectives out. The virus sucks because it always requires your physical presence in the lab to be able to destroy it. It would be nice if there were ways of destroying it remotely with certain opportunities. Hell, I can think of a pretty simple one for example: having a way to have Francesca checking on the virus before it's destroyed. You could then have her pick up a rubber duck, and you could explode it when she was next to the virus!

Just
shoot the stalactite above the lab!

If you really don't want to lose it try looking for a Silent Assassin run on YouTube and repeat what the guy does. Going in blind on this map will certainly be catastrophic.

I watched one last night, but I don't think his method really counts - it was like a three minute video so I figured something of that length would be more manageable for my first time on the map. He gets a SA rating, but he just sticks the elusive target with a lethal syringe.

It's the one system in the game I don't know how it works. You need to perform all the conditions + get a SA rating to make progress towards the suit unlocks, correct?

MUnited83

For you.
Just
shoot the stalactite above the lab!

I'm quite aware of that one. In fact, that one is obsolete since you can just shoot the virus directly from outside :).
Though i'm not sure how is that relevant when i'm complaining on how you have to be phisically present in the lab destroy it. That includes the stalactite method :p

I'm quite aware of that one. In fact, that one is obsolete since you can just shoot the virus directly from outside :).
Though i'm not sure how is that relevant when i'm complaining on how you have to be phisically present in the lab destroy it. That includes the stalactite method :p

I guess I thought you meant actually having to go inside, but I see what you mean :). It would be pretty cool to have other ways without even having to go down there, that is always my least favorite part of Sapienza

I guess I thought you meant actually having to go inside, but I see what you mean :). It would be pretty cool to have other ways without even having to go down there, that is always my least favorite part of Sapienza

I hated destroying the virus at first. However,
after I realized I didn't need to do a choke out train on everyone in that quarantine unit, it became the easiest. Just gotta trigger two of the distractions and the other two scientists don't give a fuck about it overheating.
Still a pain in the ass when you just wanna knock out some challenges after you've played the map a good number of times.

Stoze

after I realized I didn't need to do a choke out train on everyone in that quarantine unit, it became the easiest. Just gotta trigger two of the distractions and the other two scientists don't give a fuck about it overheating.
Still a pain in the ass when you just wanna knock out some challenges after you've played the map a good number of times.

There's way easier/faster ways than that, spoilers:
-You can just shoot the virus through the glass.
-There's a stalactite hidden above it that you can shoot from the far right of the lab area and it will fall on it.
-Start at the church and get the laptop dongle to kill the virus from afar. (Not really faster but different)

Even with those methods you do always have to go down there, and I think it'd be better if the virus became optional at Mastery 20. The mastery system has so much potential to solve a lot of the main mission replayability issues, I hope they take full advantage of it in Season 2.

MUnited83

For you.

You can always shoot it from here :)

There's way easier ways than that, spoilers:
-You can just shoot the virus through the glass.
-There's a stalactite hidden above it that you can shoot from the far right of the lab area and it will fall on it.
-Start at the church and get the laptop dongle to kill the virus from afar

Even with those methods you do always have to go down there, and I think it'd be better if the virus became optional at Mastery 20. The mastery system has so much potential to solve a lot of the main mission replayability issues, I hope they take full advantage of it in Season 2.

You can always shoot it from here :)

1408.gif

I knew about the kill code in the first reply.

It's the one system in the game I don't know how it works. You need to perform all the conditions + get a SA rating to make progress towards the suit unlocks, correct?

Performing all the conditions is required to beat the elusive, which gives you the location-specific suit and progresses towards the cumulative "iconic" suits.

On top of that, getting SA progresses towards the two unique master-crafted suits.

On top of what everyone else said already, you can
pull a fire alarm behind the quarantine unit to force all the scientists to evacuate.

Performing all the conditions is required to beat the elusive, which gives you the location-specific suit and progresses towards the cumulative "iconic" suits.

On top of that, getting SA progresses towards the two unique master-crafted suits.

On top of what everyone else said already, you can
pull a fire alarm behind the quarantine unit to force all the scientists to evacuate.

Thanks for the breakdown on how the targets work from a progress perspective.

Definitely this year but hell, we don't know.
I expect them to give us some minor news about season 2 on the 31st when the disc version launches.

BigAT

Working on the new escalation and I'm curious what qualifies as an explosion accident. I thought the explosive cell phone might count if the target picked it up, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

MUnited83

For you.
Working on the new escalation and I'm curious what qualifies as an explosion accident. I thought the explosive cell phone might count if the target picked it up, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Propane Flasks
Fire extinguishers

Cars and gas canisters also apply, although there are none close to the required target, obviously.

Managed 1:11 for The Adrian Eclipse. Could have done it slightly faster if I were better at shooting chandeliers.

My thinking was, you either do this fast or not at all. You don't actually do anything except in the last 30 seconds or so of the run, so it's excruciating if you have to wait much longer (and you don't know if your plan will work).

Still, looking on the Steam leaderboards there are SA completion times up to 10 minutes. That's some patience.

Updating escalation difficulty rankings. Haven't had time to look into formatting for Google Docs yet.

All difficulty ratings are based on escalation level 5 (sometimes level 4, because Wild Card sometimes makes level 5 easier). Also, short descriptions as a reminder of what each one was about.

Very easy: can be brute-forced with no pressure and no real risk of failure.
- The Osterman Mosaic (The Showstopper) - saber and lasers
- The Marsden Isotopy (The Showstopper) - shotgun bartenders
- The Ezekiel Paradox (The Showstopper) - waiter explosion
- The Sigma Illusion (World of Tomorrow) - chef and laptop
- The Szilassi Darkness (World of Tomorrow) - sniper headshots
- The Scorpio Directive (World of Tomorrow) - Sapienza lasers

Easy: can be mostly brute-forced but there is some pressure and you can fail if you don't know what you're doing.
- The Snorrason Ascension (The Final Test) - colonel and soldier
- The Einarsson Inception (Guided Training) - Norfolk and guard
- The Mandelbulb Requiem (The Showstopper) - laptop and lasers
- The Granville Curiosity (The Showstopper) - toilet puzzle
- The Hexagon Protocol (The Showstopper) - garden landmines
- The Videl Cataclysm (The Showstopper) - hot disguise
- The Apeiron Sadness (World of Tomorrow) - triple explosions
- The Selmone Mimesis (World of Tomorrow) - wine cellar kills

Average: requires moderate setup or tricky steps or execution, but no real risk of failure once you know what you're doing.
- The Holmwood Disturbance (The Showstopper) - vampire magician
- The Gemini Fiasco (The Showstopper) - Kruger and Sato
- The Shapiro Omen (The Showstopper) - body hiding puzzle
- The Perkins Disarray* (The Showstopper) - auction sabotage (hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Teague Temptation (The Showstopper) - balcony push
- The Scarlatti Covenant (World of Tomorrow) - three minutes
- The Andersen Animosity* (World of Tomorrow) - saber, PI, psychologist (hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Kilie Agitation (A Gilded Cage) - shisha cafe kills
- The Sokoloff Sophistication (A Gilded Cage) - shoe shop kills
- The Varvara Mystification (A Gilded Cage) - school lasers
- The Ataro Caliginosity (A House Built on Sand) - fortune teller and bodyguards
- The Caden Composition (Club 27) - recording studio kills

Hard: requires heavy setup, difficult steps or high-level execution, and/or you can fail even if you know what you're doing.
- The Kerner Disquiet (The Showstopper) - loud weapons
- The Seeger Beguilement (The Showstopper) - cameraman accidents
- The Adrian Eclipse (The Showstopper) - sticky pistol
- The Gladwyn Simulacrum (World of Tomorrow) - rapid elimination streak
- The Eccleston Illumination (World of Tomorrow) - plague katana
- The Lyndon Gyration (World of Tomorrow) - accidents in alleyways
- The Agana Abyss (The Icon) - shotguns or explosions
- The Ignatiev Integrity (A Gilded Cage) - fire, safe, shotgun
- The Lupei Sensitivity* (A Gilded Cage) - masseur and laptop (very hard if you want silent assassin)
- The Reziko Conundrum (A Gilded Cage) - shopkeeper, repairmen, landmines
- The Somsak Equation (Club 27) - bodies in freezer

Very hard: there is no trick to these, there is a high risk of failure, and it all comes down to your skills.
- The Kotti Paradigm (The Showstopper) - battle axe, suit only
- The Mallory Misfortune (Freedom Fighters) - deadly stalker
- The Meiko Incarnation (Situs Inversus) - ninja style cascade

Bullshit: even with perfect skills and execution, high risk of failure or tedium due to factors outside your control.
- The Wetzel Determination (The Showstopper) - impossible body hiding
- The Adamoli Fascination (The Showstopper) - mined exits

*All escalations marked with * use a particular kind of complication: there are mandatory disguises that can normally only be taken from NPCs, but you are not allowed to knock anyone out. You have only two choices in any of these escalations: kill NPCs for disguises and receive a penalty, or find the extra copy of the required disguise(s) hidden somewhere in the level just for this escalation. Be warned that the second option will always require very risky maneuvers and/or massive detours, making silent assassin runs of these escalations extra-hard.

Feel free to suggest adjustments - I haven't played some of these in a while, and I always go for silent assassin (but I'm trying to do these ratings for people who don't necessarily care about that).

Anyone got any suggestions or help for me?

Colorado, elusive target:
So after the suggestion of watching some YouTube runs to help a Colorado noob out, just not to that location yet but wanted to try my hand at the elusive target, I finally pieced together a strategy from three different runs. I get to the house and there is an enforcer standing at the bottom of the stairs and he seemingly won't move and someone is just standing there staring at a clock. Basically, I can't progress.

tchocky

So after the suggestion of watching some YouTube runs to help a Colorado noob out, just not to that location yet but wanted to try my hand at the elusive target, I finally pieced together a strategy from three different runs. I get to the house and there is an enforcer standing at the bottom of the stairs and he seemingly won't move and someone is just standing there staring at a clock. Basically, I can't progress.

The AI has broken either restart or try bumping into the guy staring at the clock to try to get him to resume his path.

That's one of the story targets and his bodyguard. They should eventually move on from there...

But if not, go outside to the backyard where they're doing pushups, climb up the woodpile while nobody is looking, and climb into the upper floor through a window. The kids' bedroom where they're playing the video game should be safe.

MUnited83

For you.

You can enter and exit the house by climbing the place where they stock wood in the back.

The AI has broken either restart or try bumping into the guy staring at the clock to try to get him to resume his path.

Restarted about 5 times now and he's just broken. Bumping into him would send everything into chaos.

That's one of the story targets and his bodyguard. They should eventually move on from there...

But if not, go outside to the backyard where they're doing pushups, climb up the woodpile while nobody is looking, and climb into the upper floor through a window. The kids' bedroom where they're playing the video game should be safe.
It's what I figured.
I assume the Rose lady came along after I waited a good 5 minutes hoping something would happen. It appears her routine tried to trigger a conversation with him, but he just stood there staring at the clock.

Edit: You guys are the best! It was actually easier than the cobbled together strategy I planned to use.

I had the exact same bug on my run (PS4 Pro). This is how I did it (Silent Assassin):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uch_sVAYq50

It wasn't until I was leaving that I even found out about the alternative path for going between the two floors.

If they didn't tell me, I would have given up. Zero map knowledge left me feeling like I was treading water in the middle of the ocean standing in that house.
If you watch that video you'll see it was my very first playthrough of Colorado as well :)

It was possible to get up there eventually via the stairs (even with the bug), but there was no way I was messing around to come back down that way again...

If you watch that video you'll see it was my very first playthrough of Colorado as well :)

It was possible to get up there eventually via the stairs (even with the bug), but there was no way I was messing around to come back down that way again...

Wondering if the bug is due to never completing Colorado.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I never get the hate on Bangkok. Honestly I like its building set up more than Paris.

And arrgh, in Marrakesh trying to nab the intern in public is a hassle, every time I do in the "best" zones (the carpet store) there's some random NPC coming in. I guess I should cut my losses and grab him in the embassy instead.

Carm

Anyone run into a bug with story mode Colorado leaderboards saying you haven't completed the episode? Reloading the save and finishing it again doesn't fix it.

Foffy

Banned
Alright, HitGAF, I want to try this game out. Right now there's a bundle on the PS Store called Hitman - The Complete First Season that's 60 dollars but then there's this thing on Amazon that isn't out until the 31st. Is there a difference? Was thinking about playing it this weekend but if there's a good reason to wait a week and a half I might do that.

They're both the same.

I presume the one on Amazon is the physical release, but the one on PSN is a digital download.

Alright, HitGAF, I want to try this game out. Right now there's a bundle on the PS Store called Hitman - The Complete First Season that's 60 dollars but then there's this thing on Amazon that isn't out until the 31st. Is there a difference? Was thinking about playing it this weekend but if there's a good reason to wait a week and a half I might do that.

There's no difference in content, that date just marks the release of the physical version.

Audioboxer

Slowly making my way through this. Seems to be the epitome of the sandbox playground Hitman revival. Missions can last 10~15 minutes each time, but be done in many ways.

Not too keen on the timed content, it usually just pisses me off. I hope at some point it all gets retroactively added back for competing at one's own leisure.

udllpn

Just a simple question: can the Himmapan Horror challenges be completed just by playing normaly, or is it neccesary to use a custom contracts from the menu?

Are there other challenges that can't be completed in regular missions?

Just a simple question: can the Himmapan Horror challenges be completed just by playing normaly, or is it neccesary to use a custom contracts from the menu?

Are there other challenges that can't be completed in regular missions?

Most of the challenges in the challenge packs (Bangkok, Paris & Sapienza) have to be done in player made contracts. There are a few location-specific challenges that can't be done in the main missions, like killing X number of people with the phones in Marrakesh and a few unique challenges for Hokkaido but the vast majority were designed for the main missions.

Fortunately since they've added in keyword search on the contracts menu you can basically just search for the name of the challenge to get contracts made specifically for doing those challenges.

I can't imagine saving/reloading will ever get updated to be faster, right? I mean, they'd surely have done it by now, if that were the case. This is my only complaint to an otherwise fantastic game.

Profanity

Over the holidays I really enjoyed the Giant Bomb video where they attempt random HITMAN challenges from a hat.

So myself and fugimax just made a simple HITMAN Challenge Generator!

Let me know if you have more ideas for wildcards, either for specific stages or generic. You can also contribute directly on GitHub if you want.

This is really awesome, well done! Not sure if you knew about it but TheKotti also made one called Hitman Roulette, if you wanted ideas or to collaborate with them.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm currently working on making Sniper contracts that can be completed silently from one single high point location. First up is doing it from the Church Tower.
Contract is on PC -
1-03-7078558-76 is the ID.

MaKTaiL

Found this on Reddit, can't stop laughing. ALWAYS HOLSTER YOUR WEAPONS GUYS! PS.: Trump should get rid of his water bottle (or not).

rt2R7OL.jpg

Top Bottom