• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Hi Hitman fans, quick question.....

I am interested in this game but the amazon reviews complain about how short it is, even compared to other Hitman games. Does this game have enough content for a purchase? What price point do you think is suitable for the content on the disk?

If you just rush through a level and never play it again, sure the game could be extremely short. However, I think it's well worth the price if you plan to replay missions and try to get full mastery on each level.

SL128

I am interested in this game but the amazon reviews complain about how short it is, even compared to other Hitman games. Does this game have enough content for a purchase? What price point do you think is suitable for the content on the disk?
If you play each level once (which you aren't supposed to do in Hitman, especially this one), the game is probably 5-10h depending on how you play.

Goliath

Thanks to all the responses. It's just what I wanted to here. I will be joining you guys soon. I will probably continue to only buy the physical copies so how many seasons are planned for Hitman?

Hybris

Anyone was thinking about playing want an intro pack steam key? Still have mine from IO ~ a week ago and no one I have asked is interested. Not sure if there are any rules against this kind of thing... If not, I'll PM to the first person who wants it.

Edit: Key has been claimed

SL128

Thanks to all the responses. It's just what I wanted to here. I will be joining you guys soon. I will probably continue to only buy the physical copies so how many seasons are planned for Hitman?
There are two more seasons planned, but only one is confirmed. There isn't a timeline for anything, however.

Depends on the type of player you are. People saying that it was very short, probably only played it once through and were done with it. All the levels reward many replays, putting the players in small sandboxes to mess around and experiment with the systems.

I've also put over 100 hours into it.

There are two more seasons planned, but only one is confirmed. There isn't a timeline for anything, however.

My hope is that at E3 they will tease us with another badass trailer announcing season 2.

This one was incredible....
https://youtu.be/5yktoernWtw

So if I buy the intro pack on sale, and then if I want to buy the rest on another sale with the same prices as the current sale, then I save what, $2.50?

Tried playing Absolution and it's just so mediocre that I want to see what they got right with this one.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So if I buy the intro pack on sale, and then if I want to buy the rest on another sale with the same prices as the current sale, then I save what, $2.50?

Tried playing Absolution and it's just so mediocre that I want to see what they got right with this one.

the intro pack is a good representation of the game. You'll know if you want the rest by playing it.

got the game not too long ago on sale from amazon, just played showstopper last night and i had a blast, i played the tutorial mission quite a few times just to get a sense of the ai and it seems i still have some things to learn,
for instance i didnt know i could just put the emetic rat poison in viktor's drink right there at the bar without anyone batting an eyelid, i guess it just looks like im mixing his drink to them

if anyone is interested here is my blind playthrough, no map or hud

and i recommend to anyone getting ready to play this game for the first time to also turn off the hud options and map because otherwise the game feels like it's holding your hand too much

Oh, overlooked this line in the elusive target announcement: https://hitman.com/news/elusive-target-22

If you started playing Elusive Targets after ET 14, or if you have missed/failed too many, you won't be able to unlock all of the rewards. Make sure to aim for the Silent Assassin rating with this Elusive Target if you want to make sure you unlock the prestigious Winter Suit.

It is not clear what this means, other than that you will not be able to unlock the Winter Suit if you don't have 5 elusive SAs by elusive target #26.

But what's special about #26 when we know that IO have developed far more than 5 additional unreleased elusive targets as of now? Will all elusive targets after #26 count towards season 2 instead? 26 covers half the weeks of a year, so that seems like a nice number for that.

(What would also be cool would be off-season elusive targets as their own event, with separate rewards or stakes. Professional difficulty elusive targets? Some kind of elusive target storyline where you get locked out of the rest of the story if you fail any mission?)

theRizzle

It's very, very different. I loved all the old Hitman games and completely hated Absolution. This game hooked me instantly. The starter pack will basically give you two tutorial levels and then the first of the "real" levels, Paris. I played Paris for 16 hours before moving on to the second map, so you will certainly get a feel for the game. I'd rank Paris in the middle of the 6 maps. It's as good as Sapienza (nothing is) but it's solid.

Stoze

Oh, overlooked this line in the elusive target announcement: https://hitman.com/news/elusive-target-22

It is not clear what this means, other than that you will not be able to unlock the Winter Suit if you don't have 5 elusive SAs by elusive target #26.

But what's special about #26 when we know that IO have developed far more than 5 additional unreleased elusive targets as of now? Will all elusive targets after #26 count towards season 2 instead? 26 covers half the weeks of a year, so that seems like a nice number for that.

(What would also be cool would be off-season elusive targets as their own event, with separate rewards or stakes. Professional difficulty elusive targets? Some kind of elusive target storyline where you get locked out of the rest of the story if you fail any mission?)

Weird. I assumed that they would have enough ETs after the physical release for all the unlocks in S1, but I guess not. My guess would be S2, but that would make it coming up pretty soon unless they take break from ETs. Going up to 26 would put them around E3 though.

MUnited83

For you.
After this you have four more chances, if we're reading the latest info correctly.
I think it might be just terrible wording. Seems really weird that they are going to stop doing ETs so soon especially when locations like Japan barely had any targets. Unless Season 2 is really close (like it premiers in Summer or something) it seems weird to stop it short. The disc release people wouldn't even be able to get the winter suit.

Foffy

Banned

Perhaps this means they're wrapping up on ETs, at the very least the SA unlock system?

Weird that they do not mention anything about the old ET unlocks like the HITMAN 2016 suit. Maybe that's something planned to unlock through all of the seasons?

Ugh I hate ones that depend on explosions for easy SAs, I fucked up with my ducky and somehow got spotted and shot down. Oh well, I already have the winter suit and all other rewards from ETs so my second ET failure is not a big deal, except when I go into the ET list and see FAILURE and a big red X :(

Trouble

Banned
I think it might be just terrible wording. Seems really weird that they are going to stop doing ETs so soon especially when locations like Japan barely had any targets. Unless Season 2 is really close (like it premiers in Summer or something) it seems weird to stop it short. The disc release people wouldn't even be able to get the winter suit.

I'd be willing to wager they started recycling the previous ETs when they stop making new ones.

MaKTaiL

Jesus Christ guys. It's been said multiple times that Season 2 will use the same launcher from Season 1 and that Elusives won't stop coming. They might stop for a while because of Season 2 release but they will come back shortly after. This means the Winter Suit and all the other Suits will still be there to be unlocked. They also said that even after Season 2 they will keep releasing Elusives on old locations from time to time. HITMAN is an ever growing platform. Don't worry about the unlocks.

Moff

Jesus Christ guys. It's been said multiple times that Season 2 will use the same launcher from Season 1 and that Elusives won't stop coming. They might stop for a while because of Season 2 release but they will come back shortly after. This means the Winter Suit and all the other Suits will still be there to be unlocked. They also said that even after Season 2 they will keep releasing Elusives on old locations from time to time. HITMAN is an ever growing platform. Don't worry about the unlocks.

the quote on the official page literally says you won't be able to unlock everything if you don't get it done in the next few ETs

Since there is speculation about only having a few more chances to grab the winter suit and the fact this elusive target is the type I despise in this game, I just used a guide video to grab my 4th SA rating. Thankfully, no weird bugs/glitches like the doctors. I'm still salty about that, because I would've had my winter suit today.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Based on your posts, you will not get SA.

I'm sorry

It seems as if there's no way to get an SA kill without an explosion. If you experiment, you'll learn something about his personal guards

Ah I see, I'll try to wiggle around then.

I know he has this "flees when violence is heard" thing which automatically fails the contract, can you instantly reset or is it an automatic fail?

UrbanRats

Cross-posting:

In honor of a year of Hitman, I sat down with creative director Christian Elverdam for an interview on what when right with Season One.
Great read.
I was curious about the online stuff, but probably a tired question at this point.

I liked the one about accessibility, because I can totally relate with his answer... I probably wouldn't have gotten into the game as much as I did, if it wasn't for the aids they let you have (opportunities in particular) that really show a new player how the Hitman mechanism operates and it is a very peculiar and unique mechanism indeed, you can't just apply classic stealth game logic.

But then the game also allows you to take the wheels off when you feel ready.
It's brilliant.

Also as an Italian I want to say the bonus mission in Sapienza, with the politician and the lady singing, was a really uncanny depiction of the country, at least in terms of general vibe, it felt like stepping outside in the evening, during the usual little village festivals we have every other week during the summer, lol.
Really outstanding job.

MUnited83

For you.
Here's a contract for PC players

C59E6A2140352283D2116D765172B0E149C63D39

3AE4128142B66EB528F77EE1F752ECC2A1051C73

Based on your posts, you will not get SA.

I'm sorry

It seems as if there's no way to get an SA kill without an explosion. If you experiment, you'll learn something about his personal guards
It's actually possible, but quite convoluted.

Top Bottom