• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

Completed The Bookkeeper.

But didn't get SA..and was just like oh well, I have an elusive on Colorado finally.

I'm not getting the Winter Suit

#Acceptance.

Foffy

Banned
Damn game froze as I was retrieving the files. Rebooted and now failed. Fuck sake.

That's quite weird on IO to allow game crashes to count as fails, but losing connection in full to not.

Both don't bring the player to an ingame fail state, so what gives? :/

Also, why is it that it appears the Terminus and Winter Suit are given the warning regarding ET unlocks? Shouldn't SA ET unlocks carry between Seasons, or does this mean they're planning a new set of unlocks for that game? And why were the location-specific suits not given this same warning? I know Season Two was apparently greenlit this past summer, so I am having doubts they have content ready this soon...

I finally have time to do the Bookkeeper.

Since I have nothing else to unlock, I'm going to try to pull off a dumb plan to get him under the hay bale.

Edit: That doesn't work. I was putting rifles on the hayloft windowsill and shooting them down to get the barn guards out of the way - except the weapon storage box is right inside the door so they're distracted for maybe five seconds.

MUnited83

For you.
297a9aac796656795e398e98f931df8513763ae2.jpg

tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif

Finally got a contract of mine on featured, it's one of my favorites and it's featured in the anniversary of the game. Perfect really :D
(Motorscalpist is my contract)

ev0

Is today the last day for the most recent elusive target? Been out of town and havent had time. Havent missed one yet, will be sad if I did haha.

Is today the last day for the most recent elusive target? Been out of town and havent had time. Havent missed one yet, will be sad if I did haha.

Last day, yes. About 20 hours left.

I also need to bust out my run today because this week has been busy and I have been indecisive about how I want to do this one. Tried to get him with a leaking oil barrel, but making him move two feet closer to the barrel just seemed insurmoutable.

MUnited83

For you.

I also need to bust out my run today because this week has been busy and I have been indecisive about how I want to do this one. Tried to get him with a leaking oil barrel, but making him move two feet closer to the barrel just seemed insurmoutable.
There is a little trick. If you use something to make a sound, the target will tell his guards to check it out, and he will typically take some steps back. Using this you can make him step into the range of a barrel.

GeeTeeCee

I finally got around to taking on the Elusive, and as I already had the Winter Suit and there are no other unlocks I actually went in blind for a change. I wasn't about to
fuck around with explosives
for the SA so I just
took to the water tower and sniped the target, and then easily snagged the ledger from the house

I'd forgotten how fun the Elusives are when the pressure of missing out on an unlock through failure is removed from the equation.

Yeah, this is an awesome elusive target for sniping. I just had to go for SA since I screwed up SA so badly for #20 and #21.

There is a little trick. If you use something to make a sound, the target will tell his guards to check it out, and he will typically take some steps back. Using this you can make him step into the range of a barrel.

Couldn't get it to work. Nobody saw where the sound came from (I used Napoleon), but he did not move after he stopped.

I ended up just blowing up the first car he passes by right at the start.

Trying to SA/SO Colorado on Professional difficulty. Got Ezra Berg alone in the garage and break his neck, guards on the second floor of the house go into combat mode :|

Sometimes this game is hard to love.

I finally got around to taking on the Elusive, and as I already had the Winter Suit and there are no other unlocks I actually went in blind for a change. I wasn't about to
fuck around with explosives
for the SA so I just
took to the water tower and sniped the target, and then easily snagged the ledger from the house

I'd forgotten how fun the Elusives are when the pressure of missing out on an unlock through failure is removed from the equation.

I did the same, though I started feeling the heat when I realised I had no idea where the ledger was stored.

Stoze

What the fuck, I never knew there was a
virus prototype
hidden in Sapienza. If you throw it near
De Santis, it breaks and instakills her as a poison kill, because it's presumably the one Silvio made coded with her DNA/hair strands
. Mind blown, surprised there's not a line of dialogue or challenge to hint about it.

I also just recently found about the the coins hidden in the
plaza statue
as well.

ev0

Thanks! Was able to get it done. I don't like that to get SA the choices in this one were limited. But I did like this ET.

What the fuck, I never knew there was a
virus prototype
hidden in Sapienza. If you throw it near
De Santis, it breaks and instakills her as a poison kill, because it's presumably the one Silvio made coded with her DNA/hair strands
. Mind blown, surprised there's not a line of dialogue or challenge to hint about it.[/SPOILER] as well.

holy shit

this game

Started this game last week hoping to discover its brilliance for myself especially after it won GB's GOTY, but disappointed to find it crashes every time I try and load the Bangkok mission, PS4 version. Just another thing that's added to my overall dissatisfaction with it as I haven't enjoyed it a whole lot so far anyway. Glad I picked it up on sale at least, but yeah, I'll probably be shelving this now.

justjim89

I think I'm kinda done with the game until season two. I wonder when it's gonna be safe to uninstall season 1 episodes? This game already takes up a lot of space.

I think I'm kinda done with the game until season two. I wonder when it's gonna be safe to uninstall season 1 episodes? This game already takes up a lot of space.
Is Season 2 gonna be a separate install? We need more details. I'm keeping it on my console till everything is confirmed.

SL128

My assumption is that we'll only need one episode (maybe the intro pack, specifically) installed in order for season 2 to not redownload the base game.

My assumption is that we'll only need one episode (maybe the intro pack, specifically) installed in order for season 2 to not redownload the base game.

If elusive targets keep coming out for the old episodes during season 2 like they say, though...

My plan is to migrate my install to Mac as soon as that port comes out, although there is no way Mac will get the new episodes as they come out so I'll probably have dual installs from there on.

xrnzaaas

It came out somewhere that future seasons will just plug right into the base game. It's all just Hitman. Seems like it could be cumbersome.

This is going be a nightmare for people with 500GB hdd's consoles. Last I checked Season 1 has taken about 60 gigs and with season 2 it's probably going to double.

This is going be a nightmare for people with 500GB hdd's consoles. Last I checked Season 1 has taken about 60 gigs and with season 2 it's probably going to double.

55 gigs. I was just looking at my storage last night. The same thought about it doubling after season 2 also crossed my mind. I'm gonna have to look into an internal or external upgrade soon. Too many games as a service to effectively manage the storage like I did on the PS3.

Had a Hitman dream. A new escalation came out for Holiday Hoarders, and on level 1 you had to kill Santa by "Jumping."

So A was now the jump button when no other contexts were active, and you could now jump on people's heads platformer-style.

Parsnip

Ooo what's the patch for?

1.10.1 Release Notes

Simplified Chinese Language Optimisation
We've made improvements to the Simplified Chinese Language options, including localisation of the initial game boot options.

The Adrian Eclipse Escalation Contract
After identifying an issue that could cause players to fail this contract after successfully completing it, we've removed this contract from the 'Featured' menu and 'Destinations' menu.
This issue was caused by the 'Sticky Pistol' complication that remains active during the ending cinematic. In a future update, we will implement a permanent fix for this issue and restore the contract.

So level 5 of the new escalation makes you fail the mission if you drop the hatchet. That includes if you throw the hatchet, get or equip any other item, start dragging a body...

But as BernardoOne just discovered, all that is moot because IO forgot to check for placing the hatchet with LB+RB. https://youtube.com/watch?v=tYXU0i7jK74

Quick, do this escalation before they have to pull it to fix it.

So level 5 of the new escalation makes you fail the mission if you drop the hatchet. That includes if you throw the hatchet, get or equip any other item, start dragging a body...

But as BernardoOne just discovered, all that is moot because IO forgot to check for placing the hatchet with LB+RB. https://youtube.com/watch?v=tYXU0i7jK74

Quick, do this escalation before they have to pull it to fix it.

Bugger. Just completed that one as well... Things... Things didn't go so well. I kinda had to bail on my SA plan because I couldn't get to the exit without being spotted. It was messy.

Since I've practicing in order to better myself, I decided to take one of the featured contracts:

Took several tries. Not exactly top 10, but eh, I'll take what I can get. Obviously, I need to practice more and hopefully, I won't have to savescum eventually :p

Probably the same as March? Featured contract week, elusive target week, two escalations.

Oh god, that Helmut video was a little too on the nose in terms of Euro cheese.

Since I've practicing in order to better myself, I decided to take one of the featured contracts:

Took several tries. Not exactly top 10, but eh, I'll take what I can get. Obviously, I need to practice more and hopefully, I won't have to savescum eventually :p

One of the speedrunners in the community just put up a video with some tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=777qwOeJTVI

(This was recorded a couple of patches ago so there will be some minor differences to what you see in the latest version.)

One of the speedrunners in the community just put up a video with some tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=777qwOeJTVI

(This was recorded a couple of patches ago so there will be some minor differences to what you see in the latest version.)

Yeah, I watched it a couple of hours ago. Pretty handy guide. Forthe is a pretty cool guy, if you ask me.

But I didnt noitce theminor differences in the video guide compared to the latest version. If there are any, they're well hidden from me.

Yeah, I watched it a couple of hours ago. Pretty handy guide. Forthe is a pretty cool guy, if you ask me.

But I didnt noitce theminor differences in the video guide compared to the latest version. If there are any, they're well hidden from me.

Someone knocked out after a legshot now gives you the "Unconscious Witness" status message instead of "Compromised".

PrinceKee

I bought this game on sale months ago and still need to play it. Was really looking forward to it. My backlog is killing me...

Just tag this thread to read to remind myself...

Trouble

Banned
I bought this game on sale months ago and still need to play it. Was really looking forward to it. My backlog is killing me...

Just tag this thread to read to remind myself...

Just burn through the training levels and then try Paris once. If you are like me the game will own your entire soul at that point.

Wow, over 100 hours and I'm still seeing new tricks. So you can shoot a guard in the leg, he falls over, and you can knock him out while he's on the ground, and keep silent status.... amazing.

Top Bottom