• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |OT| Blood Monthly

I really, really hope the rumor is true and that IO gets to continue working on Hitman in the future. That said, I'm somewhat disappointed that the rumor says season 2 could be in 2018. That's mostly because I really want more Hitman ASAP but even putting that aside, I thought the framework being in place would let them get content out faster. Hokkaido came out in October I think so I would have hoped that they would manage to put another new episode for season 2 out by 12 months later. It makes me wonder whether they might be considering dropping the episodic format altogether since it clearly dampened sales (even though most of us would consider it the best thing that could have happened to the franchise).

Anyway, I am glad that things seem to be looking up for them. I wonder when they'll be able to talk about the situation.

Well there we go. 100% completion, 260 hours put into it.

If that turns out to be the last IO-made Hitman game we ever get I can safely say they went out on a high note but god damn I hope that's not the end.

I really, really hope the rumor is true and that IO gets to continue working on Hitman in the future. That said, I'm somewhat disappointed that the rumor says season 2 could be in 2018. That's mostly because I really want more Hitman ASAP but even putting that aside, I thought the framework being in place would let them get content out faster. Hokkaido came out in October I think so I would have hoped that they would manage to put another new episode for season 2 out by 12 months later. It makes me wonder whether they might be considering dropping the episodic format altogether since it clearly dampened sales (even though most of us would consider it the best thing that could have happened to the franchise).

Anyway, I am glad that things seem to be looking up for them. I wonder when they'll be able to talk about the situation.
Assuming development on Season 2 continues, I imagine it will be out by this time next year. The rumor says it's already half complete.

Parsnip

It could mean that they would be aiming to ship the season 2 box at 2018, but episodes of season 2 would start rolling out earlier. But who knows.

Really hope IO survives and keeps Hitman. Went to UFC 211 last night and it got me REALLY thinking about how awesome a boxing/mma event could be for a level. Big arena and you could either disguise yourself as a targets opponent, a referee, etc. Mostly, I just want a GREAT cutscene of 47 literally killing a guy in an MMA fight.

Really hope IO survives and keeps Hitman. Went to UFC 211 last night and it got me REALLY thinking about how awesome a boxing/mma event could be for a level. Big arena and you could either disguise yourself as a targets opponent, a referee, etc. Mostly, I just want a GREAT cutscene of 47 literally killing a guy in an MMA fight.

Absolution had a level featuring an underground MMA/wrestling match, not too far off!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If someone is killed via explosion, it won't count as body seen even if the body is seen, a la Poisoning right?

Lebneney

Banned
If someone is killed via explosion, it won't count as body seen even if the body is seen, a la Poisoning right?

I'm not sure, but I had to reply to you because this might be one of the best comments I've seen on this website. Like if it was taken out of context it would be straight up crazy talk.

Though if I had to guess I thought it would still count as body seen. But if it's an accidental explosion (like with a fire extinguisher) you'd be fine if I'm not mistaken.

There are two kinds of explosion kills: explosive device and explosion (accident). Body Found counts for explosive device kills but not for accidents.

Only environmental objects exploding count as accidents (plus the golf ball if struck on the tee, for some reason).

Although there has been some creativity lately in using the explosion itself to hide the body (by launching it somewhere where it's hidden).

BigAT

Sounds like IO had to fire some people, presumably as a result of the Square news.

DAgxjyQXsAATuy2.jpg

https://twitter.com/IOInteractive

jtb

Banned
Finally got around to grabbing this game. Regret not buying it episode by episode and missing out on the elusive targets, but just didn't have the time. So much fun. Really hope they unlock all the ETs after they wrap up the season (and they give us a S2).

also, Colorado fucking sucks.

vpance

That's too bad, hope everyone lands on their feet somewhere. Lots of talent that any studio should feel good about bringing on.

Secondarily, I wonder how this affects things with Hitman.

I would feel better if

1. The IP stays with IO
2. The main directors and designers stick around

____

Finally got around to grabbing this game. Regret not buying it episode by episode and missing out on the elusive targets, but just didn't have the time. So much fun. Really hope they unlock all the ETs after they wrap up the season (and they give us a S2).

also, Colorado fucking sucks.

I feel like I liked it on the first play but it's hard to replay.

jtb

Banned
I feel like I liked it on the first play but it's hard to replay.

I just found it to be such a wildly unbalanced and poorly paced level. You're either hostile to everyone, or you have basically unlimited access to every area on the map. It lacks the progression that I find so fun about Hitman... working your way up the chain, getting one disguise, then another, then another, etc.

A change of pace, I guess, but not a welcome one. I thought Marrakesh did the whole "military base" construct a lot better, since you still had the social stealth aspect of it too (which was also necessary, in some respects, for sneaking into the entirely hostile area)

Bebpo

Banned

Nobody finds bodies in the recording booth now?

Still doesn't sound good :(

So unless something changes, does that mean S2 is cancelled?

Also fuck SE.

Well, check the thread about Project I.G.I. That's another former Eidos property, which the original developers just bought back from Square Enix in order to continue the series.

No point in speculating about negotiations that may well be going on as we speak.

Eventually they would I believe, but the alarm delays someone checking the booth for long enough to exit before it.

That video also reminds me, the guy going to the toilet was one of the popular drowning targets for Himmapan Horror.

I used to leave him there with the door open, and nobody would find the body for ages.

I finally got this game but im finding it a bit overwhelming!

Im on the second mission that big party and the levels are huge, so many ways to go about doing things etc....

Also its kinda annoying how I have to keep swapping my weapons by pressing I to go into the inventory and select the gun. Then do the same thing to select a screwdriver or whatever. Or is there an easier way?

Im on the second mission that big party and the levels are huge, so many ways to go about doing things etc....

Also its kinda annoying how I have to keep swapping my weapons by pressing I to go into the inventory and select the gun. Then do the same thing to select a screwdriver or whatever. Or is there an easier way?

You don't know where anything is in these massive levels until you remember from playing many times. Just embrace it.

No, there are no hot keys for quick-selecting anything. Because you could be carrying around like ten guns and fifty other things at once.

Trouble

Banned

I know that feel. I suggest doing all the opportunities first, since they guide you. After you've done a handful you'll start to have a much better (but still very incomplete) idea of the layout and possibilities of that level.

Also, don't watch BernardoOne's videos unless you wanna feel bad.
<3

Well, here's the June content schedule. Hokkaido ET but it won't be on the same day as the new escalations/featured contracts. And there's a patch coming as well. I wonder if they unlock all ETs in it or maybe even drop the always online requirement. This is pretty much the end of season one right?

EDIT - It's not the end. They say on the site that this ET is the penultimate ET so there's one more coming next month I guess.

http://www.ioi.dk/hitman-june-content-schedule/

Aangster

Really curious to see what the upcoming update offers. Although I usually approach missions with stealth in mind, I'm hoping for a gun/AI combat revamp down the line to make that approach more viable. Regardless of Absolution's point shooting mechanic, I felt that it really nailed the feel of firearms. We need a revolver IOI.

Really curious to see what the upcoming update offers. Although I usually approach missions with stealth in mind, I'm hoping for a gun/AI combat revamp down the line to make that approach more viable. Regardless of Absolution's point shooting mechanic, I felt that it really nailed the feel of firearms. We need a revolver IOI.

That's not happening in season one, but I do kind of see your point. I never used any of the automatic weapons in any mission throughout the year. Pistols, sniper rifles and all the other tools got a lot of use but never SMGs or assault rifles. I guess part of the reason for that is that I just don't consider Hitman to be a shooter and I wouldn't want to play it like that anyway. But yeah, it would be good if they could make that work better for those who would like to have the option.

jtb

Banned
Yeah, while recognizing that playing Hitman as a shoot 'em up is antithetical to the point of the series, I wonder if they could create scenarios/rewards/challenges where that route is encouraged/not punished. There's, as far as I can tell, literally never a reason to use automatic weapons in the game - which is a shame, because that's one potential avenue for creative assassinations that's pretty much useless.

I don't even think you need to "punish" players for going that route since it's way harder to play the game as a shooter than a stealth game.

I thought Splinter Cell: Conviction did a great job straddling the lines of pure stealth/pure action/mix of both, and offering an incentive to play through the game multiple ways.

Parsnip

I have this theory that this months patch will replace Square's logo in the game with the new owners. That the sale is done, they are just finishing up the paperwork.

&#128517;&#128517;

xuchu

So I just got the complete first season steelbook edition for PS4. Apart from elusive targets, is there anything else I've missed? Is it still possible to gain max mastery without them? Have the devs said anything about maybe setting up a daily or weekly cycle with past elusive targets? Players would still have one shot at them but at least they wouldn't be lost to the ether.

Maybe bringing them back would defeat the purpose though, I dunno. Regardless, I'm looking forward to some agent 47 hijinks.

So I just got the complete first season steelbook edition for PS4. Apart from elusive targets, is there anything else I've missed? Is it still possible to gain max mastery without them? Have the devs said anything about maybe setting up a daily or weekly cycle with past elusive targets? Players would still have one shot at them but at least they wouldn't be lost to the ether.

Maybe bringing them back would defeat the purpose though, I dunno. Regardless, I'm looking forward to some agent 47 hijinks.

Everything else that's been added to the game is still there. There are more than enough things to do for max mastery.

The developers have been pretty consistent in saying that elusive targets won't return.

ev0

You can probably do 1/3 of the challenges for every level and reach Mastery. There's tons of them. Elusives were never considered something needed to reach Level 20. Just extras for when the season was "live"

They havent said anything, but I believe old elusives coming back hinges on what the final fate of Hitman and IO will be.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Everything else that's been added to the game is still there. There are more than enough things to do for max mastery.

The developers have been pretty consistent in saying that elusive targets won't return.

Yes, they have. But now they are desperate. And TBH if I was interested in this game only now and I'd be told in game that there are these 26 elusive targets that I will never be able to experience or unlock those outfits because screw our late adopters - I'd rather not buy the game at all. The idea of elusive targets is great, the execution (haha) is worrying. Everybody that buys this game should have their one shot (haha) at every single one of the elusive targets, no matter when they get around to playing it.

Top Bottom