• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hobbit Humphrey: Parents keep baby’s sex a secret to avoid gender bias

Paltheos

I don't agree with this choice either. It's ideal but not realistic. Reality is that kids without a predisposed gender will get their asses kicked at school.

Coming from a family with a conspiracy nutter, I can tell you that shit does not help a child.

Transgender people make up a small portion of the population. The best choice is to raise assuming sex and gender identity are the same and adjust based off your observations. I believe it's called 'parenting'.

dionysus

Yaldog
I do, and it's not that hard. 50% pink? Eh, I'll admit it's a lot of pink, but half? Did you miss all the grey, white, green red etc? There's quite a lot.

Talking about baby clothes to be specific. And yes, it is definitely at least 50% pink in all the stores I have been in for baby and toddler clothes.

Baby clothes in general are pretty ridiculous.

lil puff

Talking about baby clothes to be specific. And yes, it is definitely at least 50% pink in all the stores I have been in for baby and toddler clothes.

I see these people, my brother included decking their kids out in expensive miniature adult clothing, and I just don't get it. The only thing a toddler cares about is whether they pooped themselves.

Like what is your kid, a fuckin toy? A piece of jewelry?

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member

They are quite frankly pretty shit. And sure, there are stores full of baby pink and baby blue, but I don't go there. I shop a bit at HM, and there are a few other stores here. Especially now with autumn coming, there's a lot of good stuff. Earthy colors, and that's just what I like.

Pink and baby blu kinda makes me want to throw up a bit.

I also buy black whenever I find it. People seem to find that to be wrong, because black is bad or something, so that encourages me.

MacReady13

I know a very lovely couple, now in their 60's, who tried so many times in their 20's and 30's to conceive, yet they couldn't. They would've made perfect parents, yet somehow these 2 fucking shitheads became parents, and bring into this world an innocent child who will be ruined by pure stupidity. Some people need a fucking bullet to the head...

Teletraan1

Banned
Too bad these fucks won't have much money to sue them for when the kid gets older since they are professional climate change activists.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F614f302e-d8d2-11e9-9cfd-b79996a387b0.jpg

A couple are bringing up a gender-neutral child by keeping its sex a secret even from close family.

Hobbit Humphrey, 38, and Jake England-Johns, 35, call their 17-month-old by the pronoun “they” and dress them in both girls’ and boys’ clothing.

They admit that the approach has resulted in “some pretty confused looks from old ladies in the park”. Even the child’s grandmother discovered their sex only at 11 months when she changed a nappy.

The pair, who are circus performers and members of the climate action group Extinction Rebellion, say that they hope the decision will enable the child to “grow into their own person”.

Geez Louise, who what have thought this would come from astoundingly mature parents like the above?

Last edited:
Top Bottom