• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy final previews have dropped

Saber

Gold Member
Gonna watch it. Fingers crossed that everything with it is ok and the is amazing.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

IGN's "Unfortunately it's all happening at the exact moment the world is reconsidering their life long ties to one of the greatest story ever told.."

When did such a minority become "the world"

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

anthony2690

Banned
Thanks for this op, will check out some previews now :)

Will be nice to see some more gameplay, will probably only watch a little bit, as I don't want too much of the game spoilt.

Edit:
Watched the video, Ryan shut up and just cover the game, majority of consumers really don't care about Rowling's personal views.

They even purposely went with a purple haired character too.

Gameplay looks good, combat looks better than expected, I was quite worried about this originally.

Enemies making you float will probably annoy me though, if it is frequent.

Last edited:
How is the marketing for this game going? I imagine a brand like Harry Potter (even after all the J.K. Rowling debacles) should strongly invest in a game like this since it's an IP that hit the mainstream, so it shouldn't take too much effort for it to get into people's mouths.

Fuz

Banned
IGN's "Unfortunately it's all happening at the exact moment the world is reconsidering their life long ties to one of the greatest story ever told.."

It will sell bajillions and they'll keep going and deny reality.

"The game sold only 20 million copies, we're 8 billion on the Earth, this means 7,9 billions people hate JKR!"

Last edited:

NikuNashi

That's a negative on both of those chief. Tiny minority of outrage addicts isn't the world. Also it's a kiddies book, sure it's cool if you grew up with it and it has an emotional attachment, but come on, greatest stories (not story) ever told, naa.

Buggy Loop

Also right off the intro of IGN's preview, there's 4 adults being wiped to dust by a dragon, first shot on the kid's face is excitement. How can you even make this believable. Kid would shit his pants.

Freeman76

Guys, DO NOT watch IGN preview. The guy take advantage of the video to use inflammatory accusation on J.K.

Ridiculous. Resetera 'theys' will be wetting their pant(ies)....oh wait no they wont as they are too afraid to watch anything to do with JK Rowling as it might highlight the fact that in order to be trans female or male the ONLY prerequisite is that you are biologically the opposite, a fact they cannot handle Raving nutjobs and IGN should be ashamed that they bring this into a preview.

I hope the mods remove the IGN preview from the OP personally.

Last edited:

DeathGuise

I've never been a Harry Potter fan. I don't hate it, it just came after my time.

But I'm going to buy copies of this game for me, my nephews and nieces, my friends, and even my parents who have never played video games in their lives, just to stick it to the purple pony pedos

As a game, it does look good, even if I'm not familiar with the subject matter

Jaybe

Nice, this is the type of thing I'm talking about. They about to make bank with this independently if the game ends up living up to expectations. This makes me excited to buy it day 1.
Yeah, I’m hoping by devs willing to push it out of the holiday window for further polishing and focus on next gen platforms first, that we get something that comes out of the gate strong performance-wise.

Valt7786

Those last two minutes of the IGN video (which i skipped ahead to) have convinced me to never click on that site again. Fuck that shit, get it out of gaming news you fucking clowns. I'm running out of decent gaming media sites at this rate! Eurogamers dead to me, IGN is now dead to me. Probably just a matter of time til Pushsquare turn to the purple side. Who's left?

Nice, solid impressions for what should turn out to be a good game. I was already sold on it with the well crafted world and flying. Being able to turn those little shits into piles of ash is just the cherry on top.

IGN ringing up Rowling is fair, particularly considering their audience and staff. But so is highlight aspects of the game that gives players choice of how they want to be. Ultimately it's left up to the player's discretion on how to proceed where I'll again respect anyone's choice in who they support - just realize JKR is already stupidly wealthy and won't be hurt in this game not doing well. The dev's however will be hurt in this game if it doesn't succeed nor imo should they be punished for the opinion outside their control.

Top Bottom