• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy final previews have dropped

Pagusas

Elden Member
Wow
ezgif-1-40f33b6a9a.gif

ezgif-1-130dd84b8f.gif

ezgif-1-612f8e1087.gif
Yep this is the game I've been waiting for

zkorejo

Could you link me some of the performance mode videos? Haven’t been able to find it.

there you go.

MkIceandFire gameplay looks so good but I'm not sure if it's performance or resolution mode. It says 4k 60 fps from PS5. If it's 60fps then it has to be performance and it looks so damn good even on YT.

Last edited:

stn

I haven't been a fan of Harry Potter since I read the books when they released. Can't say I'm interested in the game but I may try it if it reviews really well.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Could you link me some of the performance mode videos? Haven’t been able to find it.

there you go.

MkIceandFire gameplay looks so good but I'm not sure if it's performance or resolution mode. It says 4k 60 fps from PS5. If it's 60fps then it has to be performance and it looks so damn good even on YT.

Looks a little soft to me, but I'm a stickler for image quality (and it's YouTube so who knows). Still debating whether I'm going to go with Performance or Quality mode. Hopefully DF does an analysis.

Last edited:
Well, unless this turns out to be a complete disaster, I'll buy it it.
Wife wants to play it on Xbox, but I prefer playing on PC. So, I might buy 2 copies.

Neilg

Its far less than 1% . Its so low in comparison to normal people. It could be margin of error.

If there was a way to track the stats of this i'd place a bet on it - but there will be more people who don't normally play video games buying an entire console for this than the number of people that boycott it.

.Pennywise

Banned
The only skewed review I've seen until now is the IGN one, they actually weight in the JK Rowling controversy into the game, they literally tell you it seems like a really good game but it should feel better (due to being somehow tied to JK Rowling lol).

Not even GamesRadar is skewed in regards to JK controversy, and that preview was a pain in the ass to watch as they take more time to see if the character creator is inclusive enough by telling how much black color tone the slider has and if you can pick a femenine voice over a masculine character rather than telling you if you can make the character fat/skin or tall/short.

Also, it's worth noting how a lot of the biggest gaming sites don't even have a preview for one of the major 2023 videogames.

.Pennywise

Banned
With all the gameplay footage out there. I can see the game not lookig half bad. But the lighting seems so plain, it looks really really bad in this regard

hemo memo

Gold Member
It would be really funny if this scored 90+ on MC and still can't be discussed in the purple site. I know this game is going to sell very high from the pre-order numbers. They might remove the discussion ban because of the lost revenue.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I've never been a Harry Potter fan. I don't hate it, it just came after my time.

But I'm going to buy copies of this game for me, my nephews and nieces, my friends, and even my parents who have never played video games in their lives, just to stick it to the purple pony pedos

As a game, it does look good, even if I'm not familiar with the subject matter
Hey bro, it's me, your friend.

hemo memo

Gold Member
IGN's "Unfortunately it's all happening at the exact moment the world is reconsidering their life long ties to one of the greatest story ever told.."

When did such a minority become "the world"

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF
I mean it is IGN so it is expected. I mean the entire video is all over the place. How hard is it to do what is good and what is bad instead of this mess?

Last edited:

hank_tree

Game looks pretty terrible to me. In fairness Fantastic Beasts kind of killed all my interest in Wizarding World stuff and this doesn't turn it around. Writing seems awful and the combat looks shit. It's definitely a tall ask to make a good Harry Potter game but this doesn't look like it.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I was going to pick it up based on what I had already seen. These previews solidified for me. I watched the movies. Never read the books, and never played a HP game before... but yeah... this is day one!
Highly recommend reading the books even if you only marginally enjoyed the movies. Their is a reason they took off in popularity, probably the gold start example of perfect world building. The movies just scratch the surface.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
One quesiton, how does a developer go from two mobile games to this?

We have games coming out looking like hot last gen trash and this looks like almost red dead redemption levels of graphics from a studio with no previous titles to their name. Did they just go on some crazy hiring spree or something?

The game looks so deep, its got customizable everything. I don't get it.

Freeza93

Banned
i expect 10 million copies easy
i bet on 20. Pre orders are already in the millions. Ffs amazon is sold out on the deluxe edition in the 3rd strongest country when it comes to game sales. Its rocking nr 1 on almost all plattform since many weeks.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yeah, looks like the console versions are going to be lower res even at 30FPS. Looking at the jack frags video and its stuttering and doesnt look anywhere near native 4k. I imagine that could be youtube compression. Think ill pick up the Xbox version for my daughter but Ill buy on PC if its good.

Krathoon

The teachers seem to be really well realized. I think they are doing the thing where they are scanned from the actors. The headmaster does kinda look like Simon Pegg.

Krathoon

I bought the PS5 version so I could get the exclusive quest. I will probably get the PC version when it drops in price and they add the exclusive quest back in.

Krathoon

Amazon is saying that I will get the game on 2/13. The release date for the Deluxe edition is the 7th.

I have talked to them about that and they said the date is pending. So, hopefully, they will get it to me on the 7th.

Do any previews touch on game length? Saw the info a few weeks ago about 35-70 depending on main path or side content, but looking for more official info like someone who attended the event asking the dev team.

Fuz

Banned
I detest Harry Potter but I'm gonna buy it anyway (assuming I find a mod to center that fucking camera)
2Rce3.gif

Romulus

I'm not a Harry Potter fan at all but considering the sad state of the industry this caused me to give it a hard look. I'll probably end up buying it if reviews are solid.

Krathoon

I remember this YouTuber was saying that game may get canceled because of the whole trans thing.

Yeah right. It is not going to get canceled with that gigantic amount of pre-orders. Also, they put way too much effort into it.

Krathoon

Are we not supposed to be boycotting this because of a tiny minority of people with a mental health disorder who’s delusions we are supposed to be pandering too.
This is a lot like that time when that voice actor tried to boycott Bayonetta 3.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

I've mentioned before, I'm not a HP fan, but this game looks pretty cool. Not much else releasing right now so I'll probably drop the $70 to grab it on release.

Top Bottom