• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy final previews have dropped

Ozriel

M$FT
IGN's "Unfortunately it's all happening at the exact moment the world is reconsidering their life long ties to one of the greatest story ever told.."

When did such a minority become "the world"

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Standard CYA ( Cover Your Ass) template from IGN. Can’t be helped. They want to cover the game, but can’t seem too enthusiastic about it so they don’t get canceled.

They have confirmed it will not be in the game.

have they confirmed if Quitage is in the game?
Apparently they worked on it for a year early on and decided against it. Just an issue of spending a lot of time and resources on that at the expense of other things. But who knows, maybe they could give it another go with DLC development.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Anyone showing the awful inventory screen with the gear grind that leaked? Or is that not allowed in this preview?

Ah ign said they weren’t allowed to show potions class, which they briefly already shown and do have real world timers on them… odd they couldn’t show it.

Last edited:
Anyone showing the awful inventory screen with the gear grind that leaked? Or is that not allowed in this preview?
If we're talking about the same screen, it was confirmed to be from a much earlier build, as the UI has since then been dramatically altered. But that's normal to happen in development. UI polish goes right to the last minute.

Last edited:
Apparently they worked on it for a year early on and decided against it. Just an issue of spending a lot of time and resources on that at the expense of other things. But who knows, maybe they could give it another go with DLC development.
Something Ken Levine could never do!

Although knowing him the devs would probably have it working well then he would cut it anyway!

Something Ken Levine could never do!

Although knowing him the devs would probably have it working well then he would cut it anyway!
I can easily see "implementing Quidditch" to be like a total rabbit hole, where it's just way more work and way more complicated. Because if you put it in the game, you've gotta go all the way and really make it a full mode within the game. No one would be happy if it was just one or two story missions or side missions. They'd want full-on Quidditch Cup

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm going to stay spiker free but damn if the impressions aren't exactly what I'd hope for minus triggered woke IGN.

We only have time for fun here and that means this potentially good game coming our way.

Last edited:
Y
I can easily see "implementing Quidditch" to be like a total rabbit hole, where it's just way more work and way more complicated. Because if you put it in the game, you've gotta go all the way and really make it a full mode within the game. No one would be happy if it was just one or two story missions or side missions. They'd want full-on Quidditch Cup
Yeah as cool as quidditch was in the books. The rules didn't make any sense. Not to mention having to program all that shit it would probably be more complex than your yearly sports game

samoilaaa

i think alot of features will be kept for the sequel if this one is gonna be a hit

is it just me or did they fix the lifeless zombie npcs ? they seem more active and have actual conversations with eachother

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Previews can not be on ps5 right?

Lack of pop up in fast brooming is insane!

Why could that not be true on PS5? Being able to very rapidly load new data during fast traversal is exactly a thing the SSD makes possible that wouldn't have been on last gen consoles (or Switch...).

That still doesn't mean the console has infinite power to render everything all the way to the horizon all at once though, but I guess they have good LOD transitions.

i think alot of features will be kept for the sequel if this one is gonna be a hit

is it just me or did they fix the lifeless zombie npcs ? they seem more active and have actual conversations with eachother
I noticed that too, in the first gameplay showcase. The animation on the NPCs looked pretty rough.

Guessing quidditch and underwater are saved for the sequel.
they can go ahead and save underwater for never. especially a Harry Potter game. Even with developers that have been trying to make water levels fun for 35 years, it's still not really been figured out yet. It's always going to be slow and clunky. And outside of the second task in the Goblet of Fire, is there really any basis for underwater wand-based actions? I know they've put a lot of effort into matching up trying to balance a game that is always fun to play as close as they can with the source material. But at the end of the day, the game needs to be fun to play, first and foremost.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Man that sure looks interesting…. But destiny expansion hits not long after….

Choices…

Fuck it going to buy it. Got a few steam gift cards showing up today.

Last edited:

dottme

So it looks better than expected for me. But I’m not in the current gen, so I really hope it will run ok on PS4 or Xbox one x.

StueyDuck

The 1% of people whining about JK are going to be so ass blasted when this sells millions.
those losers will be buying the game anyway, this is all performative nonsense for twitter likes an tiktok follows.

I've seen the twitch community are all having "ethics debates" about it too, it's just people craving attention.

On topic though the game seems right up my alley (and i'm barely a harry potter fan outside of read the books and watched the movies and overall thought it was fine)

im also not thinking this is gonna be a GOTY game or life changing but if it can distract me for a week or two and has some good secrets i am way in

phant0m

Just watched jackfrags preview, game actually looks pretty great.

Combat looks fun (although easy) but lets be honest, we were never getting a meaty souls-like combat in this.

zkorejo

Looks so damn good. Any previews played on PC? So far all I have seen are PS5 Performance ones. Looks really good for performance mode.

3liteDragon

Looks so damn good. Any previews played on PC? So far all I have seen are PS5 Performance ones. Looks really good for performance mode.
Could you link me some of the performance mode videos? Haven’t been able to find it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom