• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy | Review Thread

AJUMP23

As someone who feels like I'm on the progressive left, this is just embarrassing. The circular firing squad has truly outdone themselves this time. You can agree with everything they have to say on gender identity but not boycotting the game makes you the enemey. Fucking stupid.
The head is eating the tale.

GymWolf

Here’s what else you get with deluxe. And apparently preorders get a Felix Fellatio potion recipe.
6ae6c1f9c819c9b152d8a12528102e00283becaf45bc8d282d1bd97bdc4be59f_3.jpg

Scandalous Disappearo!

Wish that was a real spell so all the other silly talk surrounding this game would stop. I'm gonna be trans(parent) here and say I just come to discuss gaming.

Last edited:

This thread is gold, I really don't want to derail it even more but damn...
The people in there obviously too scared to even say it lol.

Whoever said sales threads are going to be banned was right.

Last edited:

NickFire

add another site to not pay attention to anymore

VG247 & RPGSite

Imagine if your boss brought you into their office, and basically said finances are rough, but we must stop Harry Potter so you might not have a job at Christmas! And then bragged about it online?

Also - some chap told a story about a video game store purchase. New member incoming I bet.

Last edited:
That’s a very nice offer, and very appreciated. I would not turn down the charity. I had just got a PS5 with a Christmas bonus. Rent went up $300 a month without warning, then my 4 year old needed new glasses, we found out that her speech and behavioral therapy (she’s autistic) aren’t covered under our insurance, so we have collections after us. For therapy for my autistic daughter that should have been covered by insurance.

Just a perfect storm of shit happening at once. I know we’ll get through it, just sucks knowing we wiped out our savings in a matter of two months.

Maybe in the back of my mind, I wanted this game to be from EA, so we could get it on the game pass service later. But I was mistaken. Did Harry Potter ever belong to EA?
I'd definitely also chip in.

ManaByte

Guys guys guys. Forget hogwarts legacy, that's a battle we have lost and can no longer win. Instead of recognising defeat and reconsidering our worldviews, on to the next! :

I'm not touching that game, even on Game Pass. I make it a point to support Ukrainian devs (Frogwares, GSC Game World, etc). There's zero comparison to Hogwarts. JK Rowling has nothing to do with the Harry Potter game, Atomic Heart is definitely a problem for anyone who isn't a Russian bot.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm not touching that game, even on Game Pass. I make it a point to support Ukrainian devs (Frogwares, GSC Game World, etc). There's zero comparison to Hogwarts. JK Rowling has nothing to do with the Harry Potter game, Atomic Heart is definitely a problem for anyone who isn't a Russian bot.
We better ban all our tech soon when China starts assfucking Taiwan, am I right? No more consoles, no more phones, no more outsourced games, no more Wal-Mart runs, no more anything.

GHG

Selective virtue signalling is still virtue signalling my man.

Good luck with that.

We better ban all our tech soon when China starts assfucking Taiwan, am I right? No more consoles, no more phones, no more outsourced games, no more Wal-Mart runs, no more anything.

Friday Movie GIF

ManaByte

Sounds like baseless conspiracy theories and gamergate dogwhistles to me

Same BS narrative YouTubers who trash movies all day use when they don't get invited to early screenings. Everyone else is paid off but them, ignoring the fact that PR's job is to market the game and intentionally sending it to an outlet/channel that is just going to shit on it goes against that.

When China starts assfucking Taiwan yeah you can bet your ass, there’s a reason the US just picked up 3 new bases in the region. And in the case of Taiwan it will be direct intervention not the indirect stuff we‘re seeing in Ukraine. There would be no Chinese exports at all if that happens.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Well it's a good thing semiconductor plants are opening in the US then.
I think when that happens, prices will only go up. And let’s not pretend the Americans getting paid will be getting what they should be. There will always be negative. That’s the point. Accept it, and life is easier.

Kacho

Imagine if your boss brought you into their office, and basically said finances are rough, but we must stop Harry Potter so you might not have a job at Christmas! And then bragged about it online?

Also - some chap told a story about a video game store purchase. New member incoming I bet.
Gwu7idg.png

russell crowe lol GIF

These are the same people that drone on and on about workers rights and not getting paid enough. Virtue signaling is more important than the wellbeing of your staff. Idiots.

Whatever. If you're stupid enough to pursue a career in games journalism then you deserve the scraps you get. YouTube and Twitch are where the money is at these days.

ShadowNate

At what point of typing that did he go, wait am I really posting that. And then he also went, "yes I am".

There must have been a brief glimpse there, a moment of clarity. I want to believe.

GymWolf

nope. AC Unity really looked that good. It was overlooked because it was a victim of early outrage culture and bandwagon hating because its cool to shit on buggy games. The game was fixed within a week or two, but those faceless memes pretty much sealed the fate of this game from day one.

In terms of gameplay and story, its better than every AC game released since. Paris is also a very cool setting and they do a great job with the puzzles to help you learn about the history of each building and neighborhood.

I love some ubisoft history revisionism in the morning.

Last edited:

Dynasty8

We now have people comparing Hogwarts Legacy to fucking Hitler's Mein Kampf......what the fuck is going on?!

vtuTuHj.png

This is the problem with these uneducated, unexperienced and constantly angry "kids" in today's society. They are children in adult bodies, most in their twenties who think they know it all. I've been there 10 years ago, it's not healthy. Most of them will wake up in a few years from their ignorance and hopefully see their hypocritical mistakes and overreactions.

These kids are really comparing someone who believes "women are women" and "men are men" on the same level as a genocidal maniac war criminal who has killed millions.

As someone who feels like I'm on the progressive left, this is just embarrassing. The circular firing squad has truly outdone themselves this time. You can agree with everything they have to say on gender identity but not boycotting the game makes you the enemey. Fucking stupid.
Firstly, I agree. But this isn't anything new. I recall JK Rowling being a darling of the left because of her support of feminism and women. Now they are attempting to destroy her for these very beliefs. It's just more of the same awful behavior.

Buggy Loop

This thread is gold, I really don't want to derail it even more but damn...

"List threads are against the rules.
As a reminder, all discussion on Hogwarts Legacy is banned."

Wow, so all sales discussion will be banned for 2023 on REEE. Good job. They didn't even go that far the rabbit hole for Cyberpunk 2077, the fuck is up with them and this game? Wouldn't surprise me they turn against Sony for all the Hogwarts legacy marketing. They're probably fighting against the urge.

How does the company that bought that shitshow of a forum even allow this? It's revenue left on the table!

Last edited:
a lot of them were screaming about the trans major NPC in the game being named "SIRona RYAN" despite Sirona being the name of a Celtic goddess and Ryan being an extremely common lastname in Ireland :LOL:
That has to be an amazing pseudo-troll on behalf of the developers

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I love some ubisoft history revisionism in the morning.
lol. I am not the only one. go look at some AC Unity stealth combat videos on youtube. People still rave about the stealth and level design in this game.

The new AC games since Origin are barely even AC games. Just a bunch of action adventure games masquerading as an AC game. Id only put Origins close to Unity.

Top Bottom