• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOLY SHIT!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Holy shit indeed. I doubt any will buy though. He should sell them seperately if he wants to see any cash, but I can see why he'd want the collection to stay together.

Wow.

Hooker

Jezus Christ, he could start a museum and start making more money that on this deal!!

Where is the black playstation though :(

Bebpo

Banned
gofreak said:
Holy shit indeed. I doubt any will buy though. He should sell them seperately if he wants to see any cash, but I can see why he'd want the collection to stay together.

Wow.

I dunno. I mean if I had the money to spend 100k without taking a serious hurt I'd probably consider bidding and there has to be a certain amount of people with 500k+ income a year who play games and could afford this set.

neptunes

**faints**

c_sfc_14gsf1.jpg

c_ps_wine.jpg

dc_hkt01.JPG

md_wondermega_boxed.JPG

ss_cartdev_verb_1.JPG

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
scola said:
IBTN
I wonder how much it all cost if you combined all the "msrp"

Prob not 100k, but some of this stuff you couldn't even get in the first place, and you certainly wouldn't find them now. I wonder who the heck this guy was to be able to accumulate all this stuff.

If I had that kind of money I would buy it without a second thought. From Teradrive to Super Fami TV to the other bazillion rare and cool things on that auction....

DAMN

So bloody cool, it would take weeks for the sense of nostalgia to go away.

(Wondering how the guy is managing to sell a PS2 development environment without attracting the ire of Sony themselves, though)

thomaser

I know another guy with an M2. He's an American gaming-journalist, and spends all his money, or so it seems, on rare videogame-things. He might be able to buy this.

If the Nintendo-portion would be auctioned off by itself, I would probably take up a loan and grab it, sad as it is. I would then fill my apartment up with all the stuff, not knowing what ever I should do with it.

Tekky

Wow! Can you imagine buying a brand-new, just-released game system, and, while it's still in its pristine packaging, wrapping it in plastic and storing it your attic?

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if this guy just bought two of everything: one to play with, one to store away.

DCX

DCX
Yeah that would good buy one store one, but he has things that were never for sale!!! M2 was supposed to be 3DO 2 but it sold off to some company and the tech was used for some edutainment set top box or something...so he has a prototype gaming console...wonder if it works...even if it does what do u do with it if there were no games out?? Hmmm...

DCX

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AndreasNystrom said:
i wish that guy was my dad :D

No, that'd prob be horrible actually. Sure, all that stuff would be there, but I bet he wouldn't let you touch it. That'd be unbearable :)

arter_2

I think I remeber reading on some rare video games board mabye it was assembler but thier where like three m2 games and one was fully completed and was supposedly really good. If it was just realeased like a year earlier it that for it would have done sooo well.

Tenguman

Half of me says, "Damn that's the shit!!!" but the other half of me says "$100,000 for shit nobody wanted in the first place???"

MAZYORA

DCX said:
Yeah the M2, the mazora DC seems worth alot!! I mean he has rare items...life sucks :(

DCX

Thankgod I bought a Mazyora DC back in 2000, it's still brand new too. Maybe it's time to sell it....

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Half of me says, "Damn that's the shit!!!" but the other half of me says "$100,000 for shit nobody wanted in the first place???"<<<<

Nobody wanted development kits???

For...

Playstation 2
Dreamcast
M2
N64
64DD
Playstation
Saturn
Pioneer Laseractive
NEO-GEO (debug only)
SNES
PC Engine

Donuuuuuuuuuut... (drool)

DCX

DCX
MAZYORA said:
Thankgod I bought one back in 2000, it's still brand new too.
I bow before thee...you are now my god. By the way, did you go to the motorcycle event to buy one?

DCX

MAZYORA

DCX said:
I bow before thee...you are now my god. By the way, did you go to the motorcycle event to buy one?

DCX

actually I bought it off some dude from ebay, he didnt have it posted, but said he could find me one, and he did. I also have the Seaman and Xmas seaman DCs too. I might be willing to sell 'em if the price is right.

neptunes

it would be a waste to see the development kits sitting in some case.

Code some games for it and release them on the net.

MAZYORA

DCX said:

DCX

Yeah, there is no way i could've done that, I live in the USA(ILLINOIS), so I wouldnt goto japan just to buy one.

Top Bottom