• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HOLY SHIT!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>it would be a waste to see the development kits sitting in some case.

Code some games for it and release them on the net.<<<

I remember reading that John Carmack gave his Jaguar development kit to a guy so he could make new games for the platform. (the only console platform that Carmack ever personally ported one of his games to)

Volt

Holy Mother of Fuck !!
That's an amazing collection, probably the largest ever right ? This guy must be an ex-retailer or sth though, right ? He can't possibly have bought all of that rare stuff, I mean... it's mind-blowing !

He's got a lot of other auctions going for seperate rare items too, you guys should check 'm out !

EmSeta

About selling stuff on Ebay..

Would Sony be seriously pissed if I sold limited edition boxes, intented for press, on Ebay? I've got stuff like an Ico box, an amazing Jak & Daxter box and a special FF10 one.. will I get in trouble if I put them up for sale on Ebay?

Tenguman

TAJ said:
>>>Half of me says, "Damn that's the shit!!!" but the other half of me says "$100,000 for shit nobody wanted in the first place???"<<<<

Nobody wanted development kits???

For...

Playstation 2
Dreamcast
M2
N64
64DD
Playstation
Saturn
Pioneer Laseractive
NEO-GEO (debug only)
SNES
PC Engine

Donuuuuuuuuuut... (drool)

Don't get me wrong, some of the stuff is sploog-erific. But with that M2 and 64DD, you also get a shit load of old PS2s, N64s. IMO, not worth 100grand of hard earned cash.

As a whole, it's too expensive. But if he parted it out, look the fuck out.

DCX

DCX
As a whole you accept the boatload of DC, PS2s and Gameboys becuase OF the M2, 64DD, the dev systems and the Mazyora. If you split it up there will be less interest in the lesser items.

DCX

EmSeta said:
About selling stuff on Ebay..

Would Sony be seriously pissed if I sold limited edition boxes, intented for press, on Ebay? I've got stuff like an Ico box, an amazing Jak & Daxter box and a special FF10 one.. will I get in trouble if I put them up for sale on Ebay?

Yes, you'd be in a huge trouble. Only by PMing me privately and selling me the ICO box for scads of money are you safe.

I don't think there can be any other first reaction aside from the topic title. Seriously, I haven't even seen most of that stuff before and he has dev kits for a ridiculous number of systems..

Not sure if it's worth 100000 but it's worth a lot

HOLY FUCK I WANT THAT....ARRRRGHHHH.....

This is what I would do all day if I were rich. Why can't I have millions? I'm smarter than many actual billionares.

marsomega

I really think the Dev kits alone are worth that much. The ps2 dev kits cost as much as a car EACH. Going on a figure I heard back in the day during the complaints about making games for PS2. The kits were supposedly very expensive with figures from 22k to 28k. The n64 dev kits were very expensive as well and even at that Nintendo's attitude towards handing those out was very strict. Supposedly Nintendo infuriated devs with expensive tool kits to a system. I think the PS dev kits were like 2 to 3k each though.

For you to get a PS2/n62/DC dev kit without all the licensing agreements and NDA's (Which there is no chance in hell they'll do anything of the sort with you) to just be given a chance to buy them makes those kits priceless. You would have full access to all technologies that would give Sony/Nintendo/Sega exec heads nightmares thinking someone out there can make old favorites free to play on anyone's computer instead of buying a remake/special re-release on a new system one.

Perhaps thats reason why he's not selling them individual is because he knows the warez community would eat the ps2 dev kits up.

All I can say is that his collection puts mine to shame. And I thought I was hardcore. I really envy that collection. Man if I only had the money I have now when I was younger. I think about all the stuff I wanted but couldn't have because I was a poor college student (and I still got a lot of stuff). Hands down, that is one impressive collection, and it's obvious this individual had some serious overseas contacts (or was in the miltitary staioned overseas).

Ranger X

This guy is a hell of a hardware collector but i can't figure why he does not have any Master System and other portable out of Gameboy brand... And where are all the Atari consoles??

Anyhow, cool to look at. I guess he'll have a hard time selling this as one lot.

Never knew there was at least 40 games on the Amiga/Bandai Pippin!! lol

Mirk

quagmire01.gif

"GggGgg, Hey can I borrow a towel?"

hirokazu

how many megadrive variations and dreamcasts does this guy have o_0

...and game boys too...

...oh and of everything else...

*explodes*

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Well, he's in Hong Kong and I'm willing to believe he's just a businessman and/or very dedicated collector.

I have some Lara Croft wine. I've been letting it age since 2002. I'm saving it for my 70th birthday.

fenekku-gitsune said:
I have some Lara Croft wine. I've been letting it age since 2002. I'm saving it for my 70th birthday.

Senior Eidos executives recommend letting Lara Croft wine age until 2016 - when it turns fourteen!

Mason

Hot damn. I wish I could afford that.

Let's pool together our money, GAFers! We'll make Playstation games and release them!

Meier

I've never heard of that Playstation celebration wine. It sounds exclusive but why is it in particular such a big deal?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if I could come into a DC dev unit and just start porting all kinds of Mame stuff...

/winks @ Ferrio/Reno

Top Bottom