• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home Beta Signup Emails

celpacius

where did you sign up for this? the home beta site has been my home page for like forever just so i an see when sign up is...

Aeon712

I've checked both my aim email accounts, my msn email and my Verizon email just in case I used that one and I got nothing :(. It's like the Resistance dossier all over again.

chriskzoo

Banned
Here's the email:

picture1an9.png

disc

Banned
You have to be on PlayStation Underground? But what the heck? They didn't say that on the Home Beta Trial site.

chriskzoo

Banned
thundersabre said:
What is this GAP you speak of?

It's Sony's "Gamer Advisory Panel" - basically they jut get you to fill out surveys and in return you get on betas and get free demos. Oh, and I think I got a PS2 hat.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
thundersabre said:
What is this GAP you speak of?

Gaming Advisory Panel. Sony member's club that some underground members are invited to join.

Sony just sent me an email.
Sony email said:
Congratulations, you have not been chosen for the Home Beta.

Home is a real-time, 3D networked community that serves as a meeting place for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) users from around the world, where they can interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share content and even build their own personal spaces. Sadly, you will not be able to take part in this experience. Home will be available as a free download from the PLAYSTATION®Store and will launch directly from the PS3 system's Home Menu.

Home is ramping up for its debut, and we're not inviting you to sign up for a very special beta test. Space is extremely limited, so we decided not to invite you!

REMEMBER:

* Home Beta is open to legal U.S. or Canadian residents 18 years or older who are currently registered PlayStation® Underground™ members.
* Participation in Home Beta means you will be subject to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's Privacy Policy and will receive further communications from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe.
* You must accept the Home Beta Trial Agreement to sign up.
* Not everyone who signs up will be accepted.
* If you are one of the chosen few, we will notify you via email.

Have a good day!

Mmmkay

Oh there had better be some European loving tomorrow. All I got from the PSU today was some shit about the PSP.

Anyway, have some Home avatars.
5435home-gaf.gif

8700home-gafmk2.gif

I havea a GAP account but my PS3 SN isn't registered. I still got the e-mail though. Hell, they keep sending me stuff in the mail even though I don't post on their message boards anymore. I got the Killzone PSP demo plus Going Commando.

Doel

They should just accept everyone. A lot of the people getting invites probably don't even own PS3s (like this thread shows). They could end up accepting people who don't own a PS3 and turn down people who do.

acklame

wtf, where is my email!

i've been a loyal user for like the past 5 years, registered everything and has been in the GAP since the very beginning, where is my email :angry

vilmer_

THANKS!

If you signed up for the Home beta test and are one of the lucky few chosen to participate, we will notify you via email. Good Luck!

I can pheel it!

Zoe

Dammit dammit dammit! The only e-mail I got today was a PSP advertisement!

I just registered my PS3, but it's probably too late :(

Aeon712

acklame said:
wtf, where is my email!

i've been a loyal user for like the past 5 years, registered everything and has been in the GAP since the very beginning, where is my email :angry
Same here :(

djkimothy

Doel said:
They should just accept everyone. A lot of the people getting invites probably don't even own PS3s (like this thread shows). They could end up accepting people who don't own a PS3 and turn down people who do.

But you have to enter your PSN ID to accept. Is there another instance where you have a PSN ID?

DJmizuhara said:
NO F##KING WAY...I've got 3 different accounts, US, UK and Japan and I got nothing. :( I've had my PS3 since November 11th...damn you Sony!!

Then maybe its for people who have been members since like... a long time..

I'm GAP/Underground Member since 2004. I've also Registered my PS2s and my PS3. Maybe you haven't. I also visit my account regularly and add games to it when i get them etc etc...

EDIT: OMG! Tommorow is thursday! My spider sense is saying that my PSN Account will be filled with Home tommorow :D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
^^
Where do you enter the PSN ID?

chriskzoo said:
Sign in and click on "My Account" - you can register games and systems there.

Oh, that's not GAP. That's PSU. Yeah, I have all four of my Sony systems registered there, and have had them registered for as long as we've been able to. :/

Fingers crossed. This would be Sony beta #7, so hopefully that number is lucky enough to get me in. In the previous betas that you have to sign-up to get accepted for, they let you know really quick whether or not you've been accepted.

djkimothy

vilmer_ said:
Just the once.

No, I was refering to the poster mentioning that the emails may go to non-PS3 users. The sign up sheet asks for a PSN ID. So i think it presumes that you already have a PS3. Unless you can make a PSN account w/o a PS3?

Anyways, i have my fingers crossed.

brandonh83 said:
I just registered my system but I'm not in the GAP. Here's hoping...

Like I said, I didn't have my system registered (but when I just checked now they knew I owned one) but I am with GAP.

I assume they knew that I owned a system because I used the same email address to make my PSN and GAP account.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
KTallguy said:
I didn't get anything :(

I did a survey once, is that the GAP?

If you were part of GAP, you'd know. You get mailed a membership card, lots of swag, and you get your own personal page on the GAP website.

vilmer_

djkimothy said:
No, I was refering to the poster mentioning that the emails may go to non-PS3 users. The sign up sheet asks for a PSN ID. So i think it presumes that you already have a PS3. Unless you can make a PSN account w/o a PS3?

Anyways, i have my fingers crossed.

Ah yes... I'm actually not sure if you can create a PSN account without the system

BTW,
good luck everyone :lol

shagg_187 said:
GAP/Underground Member since 2004. I've also Registered my PS2s and my PS3. Maybe you haven't. I also visit my account regularly and add games to it when i get them etc etc...

Yeah you could be right...but I hope you're wrong!

DoctorWho said:
Like I said, I didn't have my system registered (but when I just checked now they knew I owned one) but I am with GAP.

I assume they knew that I owned a system because I used the same email address to make my PSN and GAP account.

Yeah, see, that's what I figured too. But I registered it anyway in some stupid hope of upping my chances real quick. Not happening. :lol

Top Bottom